Iam at 6 week anyone else experience exhaustion? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Iam at 6 week anyone else experience exhaustion? Iam at 6 week anyone else experience exhaustion?

Unread 01-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Iam at 6 week anyone else experience exhaustion?

When did you quit thinking about your surgery, every day? Some days I restrict my hystersister reading. I like the support and want to continue, but I really may need to reduce my "addiction." thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2008, 05:27 PM

Finally, someone who thinks the same way I do! The proper attitude is all that matters, it's all in your mind.
I had a TAH, on Dec 15Th and was really determined to do .wonderfully, with no worries and no complains. And I did! I really didn't have any of the complains that I've been reading about. And I still don't, apart from sleeping badly, but then again, I'm patient, some day I will sleep better, right?
I am 49 and have 3 kids. I am a 6th grade teacher and work long hours in the school board. I worked very hard the week before surgery, didn't had the time to worry about it, never felt anxious. I talked to very few persons about the surgery, partly because a hate complaining an to discuss health problems, and to keep my peace of mind. I didn't want to know about other people experiences, I wanted to deal with it my own way.
The 2 and a half weeks that I stayed home, during Christmas time, were just wonderfull, never had such peacefull holidays in my life. It helped a lot to cross stich, perfect for someone who has to stay still
Went bacK to work on Jan 3, the first couple of days I didn't stay all day, but now I'm teaching two hours a day and working full time in the school board. I listen to my body, never treated myself so well. I, too, am absolutely determined to be an exception to the rule.
Life is beautifull!
I
Unread 01-17-2008, 05:31 PM

Finally, someone who thinks the same way I do! The proper attitude is all that matters, it's all in your mind.
I had a TAH, on Dec 15Th and was really determined to do .wonderfully, with no worries and no complains. And I did! I really didn't have any of the complains that I've been reading about. And I still don't, apart from sleeping badly, but then again, I'm patient, some day I will sleep better, right?
I am 49 and have 3 kids. I am a 6th grade teacher and work long hours in the school board. I worked very hard the week before surgery, didn't had the time to worry about it, never felt anxious. I talked to very few persons about the surgery, partly because a hate complaining an to discuss health problems, and to keep my peace of mind. I didn't want to know about other people experiences, I wanted to deal with it my own way.
The 2 and a half weeks that I stayed home, during Christmas time, were just wonderfull, never had such peacefull holidays in my life. It helped a lot to cross stich, perfect for someone who has to stay still
Went back to work on Jan 3, the first couple of days I didn't stay all day, but now I'm teaching two hours a day and working full time in the school board. I feel a bit tired by the end of the day, but not as tired as before the surgery. I listen to my body, never treated myself so well. I, too, am absolutely determined to be an exception to the rule.
Life is beautiful. I
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2008, 03:32 PM

I wish my recovery had been that great. I had a TAH BSO but my cervix was kept in. The drs. couldn't take it out for some reason that they never really explained to me. I thought the recovery was going to be better than all the worrying I did before the surgery. Boy, was I ever wrong. My gallbladder was taken out at the same time I had my hysterectomy. Next day I started feeling anxious and having bad hot flashes. All the drs. that first said I could take HRT then told me no. So Since April 23rd I have been taking nothing. I was 44 at the time, two months before my 45th birthday. Recovery was so slow. It wasn't until week 4 that I could even get out of bed. All my strength had gone because I became severly anemic while waiting for the surgery. It was just a long, slow, miserable recovery. I'm sorry to have to post what I experienced, but I just wanted to let other women out there know that it isn't always easy. I wore the abdominal wrap for at least 4 months. If I didn't, it felt like my guts were going to fall out. Then of course was the horrible time sleeping. For months after my surgery I couldn't sleep at night. I'd toss and turn all night long. It was horrible. When I hit 7 months post op things started getting a bit better. But it wasn't easy, none of it was. The surgery physically and emotionally drained me. I had days when I felt like I was on an emotional roller coaster. All I wanted to do is cry, and now, 9 months post op, I still have those days. But I think the worst is behind me. At least I hope so. I do notice that I bruise easier and my bones aren't as strong. I was told to take Vitamin D plus calcium two times a day but the tablets are so huge I gag, and stopped taking them. My gyn finally gave me vaginal estrogen cream because of atrophy. It was getting to hurt really bad when I had to go to the bathroom. He told me to use a 1/2 plunger full every night for 6-8 weeks, then use it three times a week. It has helped a lot. But after the surgery, when I woke up, I just felt like my whole body had changed in a matter of hours. I wasn't prepared for these feelings at all. Now I'm starting to feel more like myself, but I think for me, anyway, this was one of the most difficult surgeries I've ever had to go through. I hope other women have a better experience. I had fibroids and endometriosis. Oh, and after all these months, I'm just getting my strength back. What little strength I have, that is.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register