LAVH 9 weeks ago and still bloated | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH 9 weeks ago and still bloated LAVH 9 weeks ago and still bloated

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:16 PM
LAVH 9 weeks ago and still bloated

Hello,

I am 44. I had an LAVH 9 weeks ago with removal of my left ovary and tube. I feel much better than I did before surgery but I am wondering how long I will be so bloated. I had to buy blue jeans a size larger than normal. I feel like my waist is gone.

I had cysts on my left ovary, prolapse tilted uterus. My tilted uterus was pulling my bladder back wards and causing all kinds of problem. Those were the reasons I had surgery. Then they also found I also had adenomyosis, adenomyoma, fibriods, endometriosis. All inside my uterus.

I also had a chronic inflammation of my cervix, but they couldn't find a reason for it. They tested for HPV and that was negative, which I would have expected it to be negative. They also tested for dysplasia and found nothing.

How long does it take to stop feeling like a balloon?

Lee Ann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2008, 07:34 AM

"How long does it take to stop feeling like a balloon"?

Boy, oh boy, I hope someone has an answer. I'll be 8 weeks post-op tomorrow and have the same problem. It's embarrassing and uncomfortable, especially by the end of the day. I am so tired of looking pregnant.
Unread 01-06-2008, 07:50 AM

I have the same problem feeling so bloated and was wondering the same thing. I find myself getting on the scales but I havent gained weight but cannot button my jeans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2008, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txlady07
I have the same problem feeling so bloated and was wondering the same thing. I find myself getting on the scales but I havent gained weight but cannot button my jeans.

I didn't gain any weight either. I asked my Doc and he said my being so bloated has nothing to do with my hysterectomy. I disagree.
Unread 01-06-2008, 10:23 AM

I weigh the same as I did the day of surgery, but the jeans I wore that day are just too tight around my belly now. I went up one size and they are still uncomfortable.

When I gain weight I generally notice it in my legs first. I can get my pants on, but they squeeze my tummy! My face looks the same, the scales say the same thing.

I am sure it is from surgery. I am still very tender in certain areas. I feel much better. I guess if I have to be a little fatter to feel better than I don't care,,,,much.

My husband had surgery on his foot this past July. He still has swelling. The doctor said he could have swelling for up to a year post op. So, if that is true of his foot then why would that not be the case for our tummy's?

Lee Ann
Unread 01-06-2008, 10:32 AM

"My husband had surgery on his foot this past July. He still has swelling. The doctor said he could have swelling for up to a year post op. So, if that is true of his foot then why would that not be the case for our tummy's?"

I agree! It makes a lot of sense to me. I hope we all get relief soon!
Unread 01-06-2008, 10:42 AM

[quote=fanoffox
I agree! It makes a lot of sense to me. I hope we all get relief soon![/QUOTE]

Me too. I know it is only January but I am looking forward to some warmer weather and getting out and feeling BETTER!

Lee Ann
Unread 01-07-2008, 07:21 PM

I am too the same exact way! I am 32 yrs old. I am going into my 9th week post op as well. When I went for my 6th week post op visit, my Dr told me that swelling is a sign of overdoing it. I will do ok for a day or so, and then I begin to swell again. I went back to work today, really believing that I was ready. I am so exhausted, not to mention sooo swollen, and hurting a little!!
I am so disappointed. I was really expecting to be past this point myself.
I had thought about calling my Dr, because I do feel so lousy, but also know that I must get my life going again.
My workplace would freak out if I had to take anymore time off.
Unread 01-07-2008, 07:29 PM

Ok, so I am the same way. I may only be 4 wks postop, but I am nowhere close to wearing my jeans. I had bought two new pairs of jeans before surgery, and now when I put them on they are nowhere close to coming together! I know I still need to give it time, but I have a feeling I will be disappointed, and frusterated! I did start back to work today and I know that is not going to help. I too had LAVH.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register