I don't feel sexy.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I don't feel sexy.... I don't feel sexy....

Unread 01-06-2008, 06:36 AM
I don't feel sexy....

My husband is tring everything in his power to make me feel sexy and wanted. He is doing a wonderful job but I just don't feel sexy. Is anyone feeling the same way? Is there a way to fix this ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2008, 07:54 AM
I don't feel sexy....

Most, if not all, of us don't feel sexy at this point. Don't worry about that.

You've got a real gem of a hubby, and he's reassuring you that he's not going anywhere!

Think of this as deposits into a savings account -- when you are ready for it, you can make a withdrawl!
Unread 01-06-2008, 08:35 AM
I don't feel sexy....

Feeling sexy comes from within. Heres what works for me when im in a slump - be it now or before all this....
I found just putting on my "normal" workout pants or whatever makes you feel good about you- instead of pj pants. Then add a little pampering- fixing or combing hair, plucking eyebrows, add some perfume, do my nails, it all helps me to feel like im normal again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2008, 10:51 AM
I don't feel sexy....

Candace, you're only about a month following major surgery--a controlled form of trauma--so it's only natural to not feel at your best right now. However, please find reassurance in knowing that although your insides may have changed, obviously your husband's feelings towards you have not! Also, as fitandready said, this is the perfect time for pampering--both by yourself and your husband (and whomever else you can enlist!)....making yourself as pretty and comfortable as possible will go a long way towards getting you back to your "sexy" self. If, after several weeks, you find that you're still not feeling sexy in terms of your sexual responses, etc., it might help to discuss the matter with your doctor, but only after reading as much as you can about sexuality after hysterectomy here on hystersisters. Good luck to you and HAPPY PAMPERING!
Unread 01-06-2008, 04:32 PM
I don't feel sexy....

I know exactly how you feel! Even though my surgery was in August, I feel so differently in many ways. My physical healing was a breeze compared to the emotional changes. I feel so "unsexy" still. My belly is still swollen in the lower area and many clothes still do not fit. My skin and hair have gotten drier. My face needs extra moisture and I just have a look of general tiredness. But I recently got a new haircut, have been trying to work on the belly, and fix my self up more since I have been. I hope and pray for all of us that these feeling will pass soon!
Unread 01-06-2008, 05:44 PM
I don't feel sexy....

I know how you feel. dont worry to much your still early in recovery and with swelling and every thing it can be a lil hard to feel sexy. rest and recovery and you h ave a wonderful husband
hugs
lisa
Unread 01-06-2008, 06:04 PM
I don't feel sexy....

I am at 8 wks now, I probably felt like you do at around 4 wks unsure of myself and what my body was going to do and do to me. I had my post op appt that week and was released for everything. But I knew I still was not ready mentally or physically so I waited. In the 5 wk we started trying and we could not do all in for 2 wks.
I had at some point decided I was going to be able do it on New Years Eve. We had no kids at home that night, I found a floor length black velvet slip dress in my closet. I put it on with only a pair of heels. Making the efforted to get dolled up in something that felt good against my skin and looked far better than I expected on me worked for me and DH.
He was thrilled and we had a wonderful night. Maybe if you pick a date to work toward say maybe Valentines as when you will be ready. And then start preparing yourself mentally for being ready and sexy as ever. It can work, heal then go for it.
Unread 01-07-2008, 06:18 AM
I don't feel sexy....

my dh company party is feb. 2 and thats a day after my 6 week mark, we are staying over at the hotel its at. so obviously we are hoping its an all go...
i am definatly planning to get "something new to wear" for both the company party and the two person one after. A little atmosphere, candles, music, romance... pulling out all the stops.
Just hoping im not getting our hopes up too much too soon.
Unread 01-07-2008, 07:19 AM
I don't feel sexy....

If you feel better and your dh sounds very supportive the evening will be very romantic and tender, between your imagination and the right touches and words from him, I believe you will get where you want to go. I found help preparing from the As We Change website, maybe their products can help you in the meantime to get more ready. I found similiar products in a shop nearby. When its right everything will work.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register