4 weeks post op and I feel great! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post op and I feel great! 4 weeks post op and I feel great!

Unread 01-06-2008, 02:37 PM
4 weeks post op and I feel great!

I was four weeks post op on Friday and I feel great! Tomorrow I am going to see the doctor for a follow up on an infection I had in one incision but I feel great and I am going to ask her to fill out paperwork so I can return to work on Tuesday. I've been feeling great for about a week now and the doctor said I can go back to work whenever I am ready. She cleared me to return to slowly move back into normal activity at two weeks. I am normally a slow healer so I expected to be out longer but I'm ready. My parents have convinced me to take it slow and start out with half days this week, then work up to full time next week. I'm so excited to feel better so much sooner than I expected!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2008, 02:40 PM

Hi Cindy! It's great to hear that you're feeling so good!!! Be sure to ease back into things slowly and set aside some time to continue to .

Take care!!!
Unread 01-06-2008, 02:45 PM

great to hear about someone feeling so good..hope you enjoy getting back to work..take care x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2008, 04:12 PM

I had a LSH too and went back to work at 4 1/2 weeks. (I'm at 10 weeks now and feeling closer to normal.) Expect to be tired and continue to pamper yourself. I worked short days for about 4 weeks - went in late, so that i could continue sleeping in a bit, and left early - working about six hours. I also stayed home one day a week. The first day in the office was emotional - just weird to be back. And I was really ready to leave after about 4 hours - tired and hurting from sitting at a desk and working on the computer. I stayed longer than I should have that first day and was in a meltdown state! For the first four weeks back, work is really all that I did. I came home and sacked out on the couch! Although I felt good and was antsy to get back to my office, in retrospect, and if I were not sell-employed, I would liked to have stayed home another week or so - mostly because of the fatigue. Some words of advice -- work part-time, still be very careful about lifting, try not to sit at your desk non-stop (move around), try not to do much else besides work, and get lots of rest!!!
Unread 01-06-2008, 07:46 PM

I had a SAH 12/5. I went back to work on 12/31. I went in late the first couple of days because I still wasn't sleeping throught the night and my best sleep was always the early morning hours and I didn't want to miss out on it. I finally slept through the night on 1/2. I think getting out of the house and working helped me start sleeping better. Good luck but don't overdo.
Unread 01-08-2008, 05:16 PM

Just an update: I am only working half days this week and it went pretty well. I was a little sore at the end of the four hours and I was ready to go home, but it wasn't too bad. I was kind of surprised because I've been sitting at the computer at home and have been fine. I'm tired, but I couldn't seem to fall alseep when I tried to nap so I guess I'll just go to bed early. Thanks for all your positive replies!
Unread 01-08-2008, 05:27 PM

that is great! I am glad that you are working only part-time. I know what you mean about not being able to nap. I'm not a good napper, so I would either read, watch TV, or just veg on the couch when I got home.
Unread 01-08-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCynthia
Just an update: I am only working half days this week and it went pretty well. I was a little sore at the end of the four hours and I was ready to go home, but it wasn't too bad. I was kind of surprised because I've been sitting at the computer at home and have been fine. I'm tired, but I couldn't seem to fall alseep when I tried to nap so I guess I'll just go to bed early. Thanks for all your positive replies!
Good to hear things are still going well!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register