Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 01-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

If your hysterectomy was between Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2008, 02:54 PM
recovery

Hi, I had my lavh on monday - uterus was smaller than origianally thought (size of orange), severe endo & fibroids. Had everything removed..got out the next day at noon. am feeling fine.. can not be on hormones for 4-6 months so I am waiting on all that to hit me. Best wishes to all the others going thru this!
Unread 01-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

I'm new here - so please forgive me if I say too much or repeat myself or repeat what someone else has said.

I had a TAH+BSO and appendectomy on Tuesday. I am SOOO happy to finally have this taken care of! I'm feeling better already, and I think I'll throw a party when my period is due and it doesn't come ....

My doctor was amazed yesterday when he did his rounds. He said he doesn't usually see TAH patients look as well as I do this quickly. My catheter was removed early yesterday morning, I've been on solid foods since lunch yesterday, passing gas easily today, and they removed the drain and dressing today in preparation for my release tomorrow. Tomorrow they'll remove the staples and place steri-strips, and remove my heplock before I go home. I'm on Percocet as needed - about every 10 hours right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2008, 11:45 PM

I had my LAVH yesterday. He also did repairs to my vaginal area and bladder. I'm really gassy and very sore down under. Was given Tylenol and codene (since most everything else makes me sick) for the pain and stool softeners. I haven't started the stool softeners yet as I've really only eaten clear broth, jello and a few crackers. Am hoping I'll have more of an appetite tomorrow. Should go to bed now, but am considering sleeping in the recliner as I can't imagine how I would get up once I lay down. Feel like such a wimpy girl! Hope to feel some relief soon.
Unread 01-11-2008, 03:55 AM

I had my LAVH 1/10/08...Was home by 7 PM that night. Couldn't stay roomate snoored too loud earplugs didn't even block it lol so no rest so I asked to come home. I was up and walking fine kept down liquids and then dinner so they said ok. I refused morphine pump as on previous occassion morphine just burned my veins too bad clean up to my head. Took percocet and toradol that is also what they sent me home with. My throat is still real sore Tummy is just tender but down below hurts ugh. Taking my gas-x to help with gas. Still sticking to my not sleeping though ugh. I woke up in OR when they moved me to hospital bed and didn't go back to bed til 10 last night up like clock work 12"30 to pee lol then back up at 4. So used to having to get hubby up for work then that I just wake up lol. For all The LIW the waiting is the worst I went nuts. Before I had this done I had no energy nor appetite now I'm starving and already feel more energy. Still hasn't been 24 hours yet hoping it stays this way.
Unread 01-11-2008, 05:48 AM
Feeling better than i thoght

Feeling better than i thought!betterFeeling better than i thought

Well, as of today.. I have an TVH on the 9th. All went better than could have asked for, I guess. Sx was about 1-1 1/2 hrs. I was d/c yest evening. A lot of cramping pain and back pain. Not so bad now as when I first woke up, which was one of my biggest fears.

Im 29 and will obviously not be able to ever have my own child. But I would like to know if there are any young girls out there that have had an early hyster due to cancer.

Lots of prayers to those in waiting. And Lots of support/lover/prayers that are just beginning!

Beth
Unread 01-11-2008, 05:49 AM
Feeling better than i thoght

Feeling better than i thought!

Well, as of today.. I have an TVH on the 9th. All went better than could have asked for, I guess. Sx was about 1-1 1/2 hrs. I was d/c yest evening. A lot of cramping pain and back pain. Not so bad now as when I first woke up, which was one of my biggest fears.

Im 29 and will obviously not be able to ever have my own child. But I would like to know if there are any young girls out there that have had an early hyster due to cancer.

Lots of prayers to those in waiting. And Lots of support/lover/prayers that are just beginning!

Beth
Unread 01-11-2008, 11:08 AM

I had my TVH with suburethral sling on 1/8 and came home 1/9. I'm sore in my groin, and was crampy all day yesterday, but feel much better than I thought I would. I started the stool softeners but haven't had any results yet. I put on about 8 lbs of fluid in the hospital that are sticking around - I feel terribly bloated. My doctor called me today and said to just walk, walk, walk and it should resolve. I hit the Percocet pretty hard yesterday and am trying to cut it back today.
Unread 01-11-2008, 04:49 PM

I'm home today ... woohoo! We got home just before noon, and I slept the afternoon. I didn't take any Percocet when I first got home, but ended up needing it a couple of hours later. I was in a little more pain than I thought, I guess. I got up an hour ago, ate dinner, and let my dogs climb up on the couch with me. Oh yes - with pillow protecting my stomach ... no fear there!
Unread 01-11-2008, 05:30 PM

Well, here I am...12 hours out from TAH! I'm in quite a lot of pain and very nauseous. I have an iPhone and there is a wifi signal here at the castle.
Just wanted to wish everyone sharing today all the best!
I have not yet eaten anything today, I have spent the entire day sleeping. I'm looking forward to tomorrow because I know that I will feel better!
Hope this all makes sense, I am pretty groggy!
Goodnight everyone and God bless..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register