Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 01-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Running Chick, I found it odd too that my staples weren't already removed, after reading here. When I called on Monday I asked more than once about that, and the nurse kept saying not till my checkup.

I did have one staple fall out this morning after my post. I thought I had read somewhere that some do come out on their own, could that be possible?? None the less I will give DR a call.
Thanks, Friend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2008, 09:37 AM

Thanks Christine! I'm happy to report that "everything came out well in the end"! Finally! And with no bleeding from all of my repairs! I'm sooooo thankful and appreciate everyone's thoughts, advice and prayers! God Bless you all as you recover!
Unread 01-16-2008, 09:44 AM

Hi Girlies,

I forgot to speak to the swelly belly. I have literally kept ice packs on my belly almost around the clock and I think it's helping dramatically with the swelling. I have very little, actually, more later in the day. If it's helping then fine, if not then it still feels good, so I'll stick with it.

KJ, BUMMER on the loosie-goosies. I have no idea what that's about, but if it continues for much longer you might call and ask the doc about it. LOL about daughter getting her first period. Life continuum...

Peace and Love,
Brinks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2008, 09:46 AM

Oh DARN, I wanted to ask. How's everyone with bleeding?

I have not had a drop since surgery and am amazed after literally 2 years of bleeding and having to wear pads almost everyday. BLISS!

Peace and Love,
Brinks
Unread 01-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Surgery on the 14th - teeth chattering and hiccups??

Hi, I had a total vag. hyst. on 1-14-08. I feel pretty well. The "Toradol" made me very sick to my stomach, but once that was taken away I am feeling pretty well. My biggest problem is that I keep having hiccups and teeth chattering (I am not cold). The teeth chattering last about 5-minutes and seems to happen whenever I use the restroom. Has anyone ever had this happen before? (The Dr. and nurses were stumped.)

I had an ovarian cyst rupture during surgery (possible the day before, I was in real pain before the surgery). The Dr. carterized it, he is hoping that it won't put my ovary into shock and cause any menapause symptoms, so far so good. I had previously had the essure procudure done and the Dr. was able to remove the tubes with the coils. I have pain pills, but really haven't felt a need to take them. I feel really good, more tired that usual and my throat is sore, but it's minimal.
Unread 01-16-2008, 10:40 AM

Hi Everyone! Glad to hear that everyone is making progress on the BM topic. Who would have predicted that the topic would have become a major concern and a source of victorious triumph for us! I am on day 8 post op from my TAH BSO on 1/8. I used up my pain meds, so now its just ibuprophen.

I don't feel like eating much during mealtimes, so I am eating more often in smaller amounts. I think the swelly belly feeling makes me want to protect myself, but the eating less has had an effect on my blood sugar and mood. How quickly does the absence of your ovaries start to mess with you? I have my post op appt with my dr tomorrow.

I have experienced hiccups several times, right at the beginning of eating. Also within 15-20 minutes of eating, everything starts moving, and gas starts shifting, and then usually a BM. This is the most painful time for me. I am not taking stool softeners as I usually run on the loose side, but now that I am off hydrocodone, perhaps things will move along better. I'll try the prunes too since I have some on hand in the pantry.

I have been doing better with pain associated with movement, it has reduced quite a bit and I can turn over in bed without a lot of fanfare. To pick something off of the floor, I resorted to a trick that I used when I had a herniated disc several years back, I put one leg out straight behind me and keep my back straight so I am pivoting on my other leg only. This keeps things from getting "squished up".

Thank you sisters for writing and offering encouraging words, it has helped me greatly. While I don't want to "wallow" in my "condition", this is still major surgery and it should not be considered like a simple trip to the dentist. People see you up and moving around, so they figure you must be "OK", but when in fact you have many up and down days. Part of the time off is to not only heal physically, but emotionally too, which greatly depends on the physical. Hugs to you all!

Blessings,

Hiberbear

TAH BSO and lymph node removal 1/8 (endometrial eblation +DnC 10/24/2007)
Unread 01-16-2008, 11:11 AM

I know will will all have up and down days. I had my vaginal hyst and repairs one week ago today. I can't believe how well I feel, but if I get up and move around for more than 20 minutes, I'm tired and getting sore. Have any of you driven a car yet? My doctor said I could drive as soon as I wasn't on pain meds anymore, and felt like driving. I haven't been able to sit upright in a chair for very long, even though I'm not on the pain meds, I think I'll wait to drive. Have any of you had trouble sleeping at night because you are laying around all day?
Unread 01-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Bleeding

I have no bleeding at all....I am in total shock here. I have been bleeding since July and now just nothing. Very very happy!

Unread 01-16-2008, 11:27 AM

Hi there Timeforme!

Yes - I was having trouble sleeping at night, so I stopped having my afternoon nap on Sunday (day 5 post op) and I slept through the night for a change. Every time I was stirring, getting up to get meds and go to the bathroom, I was disturbing DH in his sleep. For the last couple nights its worked ok, except for a potty break at 2 am. But today, I went back to bed after DD left for school, so I may need to adjust that to getting up with DH who leaves for work at 6 am, then see DD off to school (6:45 am), then putter around in the am and take a nap around 1 pm when MIL (mother in law) who lives with us, settles down to watch her soaps from 1-4. DD does not get home from school until 3 pm, so an hour will be perfect. I'll let you know how it turns out. Although its gotten colder here in Northern KY/Cincinnati area, I am eager to do a bit of walking, so I think that will help too.

hiberbear
Unread 01-16-2008, 11:52 AM

Tears today.... not sure why... my ovaries and tubes are healthy so I didn't expect the emotional side effects.
Maybe I just miss my mum. Before she got ill she said she was going to come and stay with me while I recover, but now she's gone....
Hubby has been amazing but I can't get her voice out of my head from when she said she wanted to come and help me.

Sorry to dump on you all.... just not sure why the tears are flowing.

Is anyone else experiencing tears?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register