Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 01-19-2008, 07:33 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

I had a set-back today by turning funny in bed early this morning, arching my back while fixing my pillow and moving to my side, and I pulled on the muscles or something inside and ouch, I've been sore all day.

We did go see a movie, a long walk to get to the theatre through the mall, and I have taken 3 darvocet today, more than any day since surgery.

Things are tender, wow. Just taking it easy now.

Hope everyone else is doing fine. Tomorrow I'm going to church, gotta give glory to God for such an amazing advance in surgical options for us girls and amazing recoveries!!

Peace and love
Brinks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2008, 07:41 PM
New Pain

Ok...up until about 30 minutes ago I had no pain...now my right abdomen has some issue....doesn't hurt at all unless I bend over or stretch a little then it feels like someone is lighting a match on my abdomen....weird.....Hurts to touch too but not warm and no other changes.

I am guessing I overdid things between my walk yesterday and then today.

:timeup:
Unread 01-19-2008, 08:00 PM

Brinks

Sorry about the set back. Take it easy!

How was it sitting at the movies? When I sit upright, it is the worst. I cannot imagine sitting that way for hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2008, 08:06 PM

cs03820 -

I have not been nearly as adventurous as many of you. I would love to get out by my captors - - oops, I mean care givers - won't let me out. They say I need to , but I am confined to the kitchen, sun room, dining room, living room, and hall way sprint.

I can honestly say that I have not overdone it - - yet.

I'm glad that I could bring a little humor to this serious surgery. Get some rest and feel better tomorrow.

OnTheBrink - I'll be worshipping here at Bedside Baptist Church tomorrow, but have been giving GOD all the glory for where I am at this point. Enjoy service for me and when you get the opportunity to , please don't leave me out.

We are more than conquerors. Blessings on each of you ....
Unread 01-19-2008, 08:07 PM

I'm 5 days post op and today I was up and around more than I have been since I got home from the hospital. My sister came over for a visit and I asked her to take me to the local mini mart so I could pick up some ice cream. My first time out of the house in while! It felt good to get out and I did fine, but man I'm sore now. Just that little bit of getting around and I feel like all my organs (or what's left of them!) have been shaken and stirred. I stayed off all meds today, but I think I'll go ahead and take a couple of percocets and call it a day. I kind of wish I wouldn't have these spirts of feeling good because this early on, you really end of paying for it! My fault though. Hope I get a good night's sleep and feel better tomorrow.

Night all - hope you are all well!
Unread 01-19-2008, 09:36 PM

Hi ladies! I have been feeling especially great the past two days, but am curious about bleeding. The only instructions my Dr gave were to call if I have a fever of over 101 (no fever at all) or excessive pain or bleeding. I have been bleeding more the last two days, but the pain isn't even worthy of a Tylenol. Just wondering how much is too much especially since the first week I hardly bled at all. Anyone else with similar issues?
Unread 01-19-2008, 09:42 PM

Hi Girls,

Oh yes, I have been saying prayers here at the Couchside Lutheran church (LOL) for all of you as I read. But, I will definitely give glory for all of your recoveries and this awesome place to get to know one another and touch each other's hearts if just for a time.

Hey Becky, we saw 27 Dresses, such a cute nonsensical movie, feel good, and easy to watch. I did find that my aching became more pronounced as the movie progressed, and then I had the walk to the car which is quite a trek, but it felt good to be moving. My side is very sore. I still have a bruise on the left side and it's tender.

Thank God it's just a week post op. I will take this week to better improve my patience and healing.

Peace and Love,
Brinks
Unread 01-20-2008, 12:04 AM

Hi,

I am new to Hyster Sisters. I am 9 days post op(TAH). My 2 1/2 hr surgery turned into 4 1/2 hrs. My Dr told me I made him work for his money! My omentum was adhered to itself. My bladder was adhered to my uterus which was adhered to my abdominal wall. I was in for 4 days and came home with a catheter. I went back 7 days postop to remove catheter. When I got home my incision popped open. Not infected but still not fun! Now I get to go back to see the dr daily as it heals up. I am handling the pain pretty well and I have a very good support team at home. I just wanted to know if anyone else had similar issues.
Unread 01-20-2008, 05:18 AM
Bleeding

Sunnyca...

The more I do the more bleeding I have.....very light but noticeable.

But nothing like before the hyst!

Today is going to be an off day for me...I overdid the last two.

Football and my couch!

Christine
Unread 01-20-2008, 06:32 AM

Roller1990

I do not have the issues that you had with my incision, but I have come home with my catheter. I actually have to keep mine until January 29th. My surgery was on January 11th.

I had a TAH. There was certainly more work then my thought. I had a tear or nick in my bladder which has left me with this great catheter.

I went into the OR at 1:00pm and did not get to recovery until after 7:00pm. My family was climbing the walls becaus the pager system that my hospital uses closes (turn in the pager) at 5:00pm. So then you have to wait for people to find you.

I will tell you that even with all the extra stuff, I feel great!!! I couldn't be happier that I had this done.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register