Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 01-20-2008, 07:25 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Ugh I am so frustrated. Was doing great but yesterday I started spotting some so knew I better pretty much rest all day I asked DH for help and what does he do but come home from work take a 3 hour nap and then leave for another 2 and a half hours. Then came home and layed in bed watching tv. So no nap for me cause I had to watch the little ones. This am I told him I wasn't sitting here with barely any groceries or no water(we have well water you can't drink)while he went to fix the car again. He got ticked said wait til I am done. I said no I need water and something to fix for dinner at least before he takes off all day. Finally got him to go get it. He calls his brother who has a cold what does he say buthow are you feeling? I'm like must be nice I never get that just where is dinner are my clothes washed did you make my cigs ect.. That rolling pin is looking mighty tempting lol. Thanks for letting me vent ladies. Have a good day all. Hope you are all doing well in your recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2008, 11:36 AM

HRHrey,

I am glad you are doing well. I wish I could speed time up to the 29th for you! I am doing better today. My DH just got done cleaning my incision for the day. Each day does feel better. I just need to remind myself that I need to take it easy. I start feeling better and overdo it then backslide again! I am also happy I got this done! I was able to keep my ovaries so that will help.

Keep getting better and remember to take care of yourself first!!

Unread 01-20-2008, 12:08 PM

Hi Ladies.

I am back from church, wore my normal pants (and it felt good to have them off when I got home), I'm walking slow, standing a little stooped when I stand for a long time, but I'm feeling great.

I just wanted you to know, believers and nonbelievers, that I gave glory to God for your recoveries, asked for help for those who need it, healing and peace. And I gave great thanks for hystersister.com. We are truly blessed.

Speaking of football, man it's gonna be CCCCCOLD up in Green Bay! -24 windchill!

Stay warm to all!

Peace and Love,
Brinks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Amen--to God be the Glory!

I agree...God is so good, and is looking out for all of us! There is not one hurt (physical or emotional) that we have experienced that He has not felt. I, too, am thankful for all of you. God Bless all you wonderful women!
Unread 01-20-2008, 02:34 PM

Brinks

It isn't alot warmer for the Pats game..... -5 with windchill....even if I had tickets and felt well I would be staying home for this one!
Unread 01-20-2008, 02:37 PM

Thanks for the prayers Brinks! Wanted to go to church today, but ds came home yesterday with some kind of stomach flu so we decided to stay home as dh needed to take care of the clean up that has accompanied this fun. dd just went to the park to get out of the house! That's what's nice about living in CA! Anyway, bleeding is better today and we are watching football and praying for ds to get better! Have a great day!
Unread 01-20-2008, 02:48 PM

Had my vag hyst on jan 11 got out of the hospital on the 13th. Recovery is ok. Still sore. Using my percocet twice a day usually can go about 8 hours.I do use advil in between the percocet. Still haven't got the bm's down pat. They still hurt. At least I can go. Swollen belly lookin a little pregnant. Started having hot and cold flashes. Still have my overies, heard it takes some time for the overies to wake up. Started feeling a little weepy yesterday, Saturday ,jan 19th still feeling weepy and frustrated today(sunday). Feeling worn out, I guess you would after major surgery. Just want things to go back to normal. Had a pretty rough night last night(Sat) pretty sore back and belly. But for the most part just feeling ok. Still can't fit into jeans, I don't even want to try. Thank the lord for stretchy yoga pants and baggy sweatshirts. Flannel baggy pajama bottoms are a close second. I actually wore the jamma bottoms out of the house the other day. Well hope everyone is recoverying well. Have a good day and god bless.
Unread 01-20-2008, 02:55 PM

kerrigale

I kept my ovaries, but I think they may be on vacation right now. I am getting cold flashes today. Seemed a bit odd to me, but now that you mention it, I guess it's just another thing to deal with.

My surgery was on January 11th and I didn't get out until the 16th. It's getting better daily. Hang in there. I'll add you to my prayer list.

Blessings on you ...
Unread 01-20-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHrey
kerrigale

I kept my ovaries, but I think they may be on vacation right now. I am getting cold flashes today. Seemed a bit odd to me, but now that you mention it, I guess it's just another thing to deal with.

My surgery was on January 11th and I didn't get out until the 16th. It's getting better daily. Hang in there. I'll add you to my prayer list.

Blessings on you ...
Renee, are you sure you don't have a fever? I was getting chills the other day (not flashes though, just constantly chilled) and I did have a slight fever (100), which was fortunately gone by the morning.
Unread 01-20-2008, 04:32 PM

I checked and I don't have a fever. Not sure what the story is. I don't know whether the combination of oll this and the cath are keeping me a little off track.

I'm certainly open to suggestions. Thanks saltydawgs.

How are you doing now that the fever is gone?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register