Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 01-21-2008, 07:26 AM
Adeno..symptoms before surgery

I had my surgery as soon as the adeno was suspected since my doctor felt an ablation would only worsen the situation but my symptoms were:

Heavy bleeding and clotting during "periods"
Light to moderate bleeding between periods
Cramping beyond what would be expected, this would make me nauseated it was so bad
Anemia

Hope that was what you were looking for!

Christine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2008, 07:46 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

From what I understand, bleeding up to a month is within normal limits. (I have no idea about the strange clot--a call to your doctor's office would probably put your mind at ease--could it have been a stitch?? which is still normal, I've heard.

I had LAVH-BSO on Jan. 9 and have had light bleeding continuously, and they tell me that's completely normal. I'd call your doctor just to make sure, but unless the bleeding is heavy, I'd bet you have nothing to worry about. Call your doctor...you'll feel better.
Unread 01-21-2008, 07:57 AM

Hello Babay,

It seems we have a lot of sisters who had their surgery on the 11th. It's so nice to have this place to talk to each other. We come from so many different places!

As for my progress report, I have to say that I seem to have everything happening on schedule. The only thing that I wasn't prepared for was the tears that I experienced a couple of days after coming home. I cried for the entire day and I couldn't stop no matter how hard I tried. The next day, I was right back to normal.
The incision seems to be healing perfectly. I had staples that were removed before I left the hospital. Not sure if anyone else with abdominal incision has the same sensation that I have but it seems that my whole abdomen is extremely sensitive. It's not painful, but it kinda feels numb but tingly. I'm assuming that it's related to the nerves that need to heal at the incision site. In addition to that, it feels hard and thick under the skin around the incision site. Not sure how to describe it.
Bleeding has been extremely minimal. Just small little spots and as someone has described... it's dark so it might be old blood.

I actually got dressed yesterday and went out for lunch with DH. It was terrific to finally get out of the house. I did have to wear very loose clothing but at least I got out in the fresh air!

Today I am going to do a bit of housework. No vacuuming but for sure I can do the dishes and tidy up the mail and stuff that is piling up on the table!
I do have a house keeper so I don't have to worry about the heavy stuff, but we do have to tidy up behind ourselves with the day to day stuff.

I hope everyone else's recovery is going well...

Brinks, thanks so much for the prayers. I have also been keeping my new found (cyber) friends in prayer.

Have a terrific day everyone!!

Just out of curiousity, where is everyone from?

I'm from Ontario, Canada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Just like me?????

Is there someone who had their surgery around Jan. 8th who had a TAH with both ovaries removed? I am 42 and would love to talk with someone who is going through similar things.
Unread 01-21-2008, 08:04 AM

I am from the Seacoast of New Hampshire. We have ice on the bay this morning. Wow is it cold!

Running Chick....DONT VACCUMN! I did two days ago and boy did I regret that!
Unread 01-21-2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs03820
I am from the Seacoast of New Hampshire. We have ice on the bay this morning. Wow is it cold!

Running Chick....DONT VACCUMN! I did two days ago and boy did I regret that!

It's very cold here today as well!!! bbbrrrr...

Nope, I'm not going to vacuum. No heavy work. I don't intend to go backwards!!!
Unread 01-21-2008, 08:28 AM

Hey there January 11th ladies!!

I'm from a suburb of Washington, DC. I am fortunate to live about 25 minutes from DC, 20 Minutes from Balitmore, and 20 minutes from Annapolis.

I think you all have sent this cold weather our way. It is only 19 degrees today.
Unread 01-21-2008, 08:45 AM

Dear Bon ME,
I had a TAH/BSO on Jan 8. I had LAVH w/ robot. I am feeling very emotional and will sometimes cry at nothing, or at something that would have never bothered me before the surg. I am also having hot flashes and night sweats, but I'm not sure that I'm a candidate for HRT since I had endometrial ca. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! BTW, I live in NJ, but am from La, hence the screen name! Lenore
Unread 01-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Lots of Common Ground in this Group!

Just logged on to try to figure out whether I'm in the same place in terms of recover that others are two weeks after my January 8 TAH/BSO.

And I see there's at least one other Hyster-Sister out there from New Hampshire (I'm from there originally, but live in Switzerland now).

My TAH/BSO at age 50 (already with some premenopausal symptoms) was for multiple large fibroids, which in the images looked like it was stretching my uterus virtually from one pelvic bone to the other and was clearly flattening out the top of my bladder. Immediately after the surgery, despite the other new discomforts, I felt the relief of a pressure that I'd gotten so used to I didn't even know any more it was there.

I've had no bleeeding, but have discomfort primarily on the right hand side. A kind of soreness. If I sit up for too long I get kind of clammy. I am taking two very slow short walks outside each day - up for around 10 minutes at at time. Should I be doing more? I'm really having trouble figureing out whether this is making me feel better or worse. I do come back a bit clammy afterwards, but moving feels good. When I walk I feel mainly a kind of soreness, but not any acute pain. I move very slowly (its a good think our dog is 14 years old - he can't believe his good luck since before I used to try to drag him along at my pace - now he gets to stand around and sniff all he wants).

I was impressed that one person in this group already went out to lunch with her DH. I would still be hesitatant to do that, since I'd be worried mid-meal - if it took to long as it often does here in Europe - I might just collapse! I'm planning to try it late this week or perhaps early next.

The office is already making noises about possibly sending me work at home (I've heard from colleagues), which I fear I will have to beat back since I can't sit up that long at the computer.

Anyway, just curious if others are pretty much in the same place pain wise as me:

Here's a summary:
In addition to the soreness around the incision, my most sensitive area is on my right side, which really pulls quite a bit, at a level midway between the belly-button and the groin. If feels as though something is pinching in there. I did mention this to the doctor, but he didn't seem concerned. I have no internal bleeding. I had initially a discharge which did not smell good (rather like bad meat) and the doctor told me to use Flagyl (metronidazole) in the form of a vaginal suppository for 5 nights. That seems to have taken care of that.

I am sleeping on my side, curled up around a very large pillow (one leg over the pillow, with the rest of the pillow supporting me and protecting against possible dog and cat incursions during the night!). I do a kind of rotisserie sleep pattern - first one side, then the other! I hope that the sleep positions are not aggrevating the pain on my side, but I'm not really comfortable in my normal bed on my back (not the way I was in the hospital where I could elevate the kness, etc...).

Anyway, eager to hear any feedback as to whether any of this sounds familiar.
Unread 01-21-2008, 10:12 AM

Running Chick: Thanks so much for your reply. This gets even better!! I too am
in Ontario (Toronto - west end) And I an 42 yrs. old (43 next month)
Very small world, isn't it. Glad to hear you are up and about. JUST don't do too much. We have to rest in order to recover properly. I am SO glad I found this wonderful website!!!

Please continue the progress report.

Donna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register