Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 01-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Helllllooooo Sisters!

I am home. Had my LSH yesterday and it went exactly as planned. Ovaries and cervix were healthy and preserved, so only the uterus with 5 large fibroids was removed.

I'll write more in the hyst-story part. But, I am home, hubby stayed the night with me at the hospital, and now I'm keeping cool with cool packs on my belly.

Just 3 little incisions, amazing!

It's great to see all those back and feeling strong. Good luck to all those who are going this next week!

The waiting is the hardest part.

Peace and Love,
Brinks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2008, 08:56 PM

Well I came home yesterday. I had my TAH BSO on Monday the 7th. Surgery went well. I had a hard time with the catheter afterward. I was up setting up on the side of the bed the night off surgery. The doctor was very surprised to see how well I was doing the next morning but I think I over done it a little cause since I came home I havnt felt so good. Anyways I am taking the percocet and ibuprofen pretty regular and it seems to be working. I dont have any stitches or staples thank goodness just glue and tape. Well enough for now. Best of Lucks to the other sisters!
Unread 01-12-2008, 02:56 AM
Its now been 3 days post TVH!

Its amazing how before, time seemed o slow and the "waiting process" seemed to take forever. Now time is flying by and I cant keep up with it!

Im extremely fatigued!!! I have been sleeping all day.Except with these nightly walks around the house. Even now its hard to keep my eyed open but yet if i were to ley in bed, i would be right up!

And of course, lets not forget the tears! wow! didnt expect them sooo soon or intense! Everything I started to talk about began with a bucket of tears. I have been on Prem 0.425 since July (due to being on Lupron) so they just uped the dose to 0.625 at bedtime. Im nauseated 24/7. So now i have a pill for that too! Dr said yest on phone, if im not any better soon, I have to go back to the hosp for some IV fluids! Can become dehydrated at a time like this.

Well, enough overlaoding your eyes! Thanks for reading and taking the time to respond.

Still tender and swollen
Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2008, 05:06 AM

Good Morning, Sisters!

It's early here. I am feeling fine, a little shaky, maybe a little sick to my tummy, minimal pain, but enough to take one Darvocet and my stool softeners.

I am amazed by how good I feel overall. Gas is moving throughout the bowel, so no big hang ups there, the gas from Co2 was not horrible, I just kept deep breathing to get things moving in my chest, and now there is no pain from it at all.

So, with another long day ahead, I'm sitting here with ice packs on my tum.

I might go back to bed a little later.

It's good to see the sisters here. Beth, I had tears a couple days before, but not now. Kept my ovaries, so maybe they are doing okay, no shock, at least not that I am noting.

CMG, take good care, too. We should all be listening carefully to our bodies.

Peace and Love,
Brinks
Unread 01-12-2008, 06:41 AM

I feel great! I had a vag hyst with pelvic organ repair on Jan 9. It felt like someone had finally taken that rock out of me. I felt better right away! I was a little nauseous in the hospital and after I threw up all over the nurse, they gave me some nauseous medicine. Haven't they figured out that those little pink cups won't hold throw-up? I kept my ovaries and except for being a little tender at the incision site down below, I've never felt better. I still feel like a woman, even with my uterus gone. I even thought a bit about sex.
Unread 01-12-2008, 07:33 AM

It's 24 hours now and I'm feeling better than yesterday. I'll be here at the castle until Monday. I have a feeling that the gas is going to settle in and I won' t feel so good.

Are the tears related to the removal of the ovaries? Mine ovaries and tubes are healthy so I got to keep them. I had some tears two days before surgery, but I chalked it up to missing my mum. She just passed away on Dec 10.
Maybe it's a bit of both.

Keep your chin up! You all sound like you are doing great!

God bless!
Unread 01-12-2008, 08:10 AM

Oh Running Chick,

I'm so sorry about your mom. I am praying for you in your sorrow.

The gas has not gotten to me, but I have been up and about since the nausea/vomiting passed in the hospital.

I do notice that my tum gets harder as the day wears on, I woke with it pretty flat, but now it's rounder and harder. I've read others have had this, so I'm not worried.

So darn happy to have HystSis to go to and learn. I know this whole process has been eased by the knowledge and compassion I've found here.

A little pain, no complaints, just wondering what I'll do for a week. I do get shaky and tired when I am on my feet too long.

Peace and Love!
Brinks
Unread 01-12-2008, 10:31 AM

I am now 4 days post-op, and spent my first night at home. I was SO happy to be in my own bed; but I still had a rough night. It was easier to move around (scoot my butt) in my bed, but I had a hard time getting comfortable. I think that had something to do with the "hole" in the middle of our bed ... you know the one - where the middle of the bed feels sunken in relation to the sides of the bed. At some point this morning DH said I was moving around a lot through the night. I don't think it was that so much as it takes me a lot longer to reposition myself than it did before surgery.

I had to take a Percocet before bed, and another one at 6 this morning. I guess I was in more pain than I thought. I don't think this is necessarily a step back, but I think maybe just a reaction to the stress of getting out of the hospital and coming home. I'm hoping for a better day today - we'll see.
Unread 01-12-2008, 10:52 AM
On the other SIDE!!

I am so glad to finally be on the other side. I had a TVH w/RSO and rectocle repair on Thursday 1/10. I came home yesterday around noon. I was very uncomfortable down there because I was sure I needed to have my first BM. The nurses kept telling me that it was just gas and that no one usually has a BM until 36-48 hrs post op. Well they were wrong. I sat on the pot at home for about 20 min but finally had one. I am feeling so much better now. I think I would feel like a million bucks if it weren't for the 4 inch incision from the rectocle repair. I came home taking Toradol and darvecet. I have also been putting TUCKS on top of my pad (like they use to have you do after you had a baby) and using a warm water mist bottle each time I go to the bathroom and I think that too has helped tremedously. Well I believe I have hit the limit for how long I can sit at the computer so I will read and post more tomorrow. Good luck to all the newbies and I will keep you in my prayers!!!!! !
Unread 01-12-2008, 11:13 AM

Recovering nicely from a LAVH on Tuesday, January 8th. Progressively feeling better but no energy - still on bed rest. Avoiding stairs, lifting, and reaching. This site was helpful because I received different instructions from the surgeon, the release doctor, and people I know who have been through it. That is the worst part, not really knowing what I am supposed to avoid doing. I do not want to do too much and compromise my recovery. I am in great shape and very active normally. I am afraid of causing permanent damage by going back to my regular routine too quickly.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register