Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 01-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Had good first post op check today!

HI, everyone:

I understand the concept of 'sisters.' I don't have any actual sisters and I have come to feel very close to all of you, reading your posts, your thoughts echoing mine. Most of all you've made me feel normal, a real gift when I am feeling different from most of the people around me.

My family has been great. My parents even flew in to help, as upside down as that sounds; I have wonderful young parents and it was great to have Mom here.

I am slowly getting past all the horrid bowel problems (constipation, hemorrhoids from hell, etc.) that have plagued me since 1/13, the date of the surgery. Ironically, I've not even needed a tylenol since day 3 post op for the pain from the hysterectomy, but the roids have been agony! Yoghurt, mineral oil and fiber, girls! My mantra.

Had a post op check with the surgeon today and he said that everything looked great. That was a big relief since I've had a few weird symptoms in the last few days. He also OK'd baths which was a big relief since I've practically become a fish to quell the roids. (Soaking them is the only thing that really helped, but I was concerned about the incision and the vagina.) He said that I can do whatever I feel ok doing except lifting. That's a good directive as it also is teaching me to listen to my body. Some days I have energy and resent all the lying about that I thought was mandatory. And other days I have the energy of a slug and can't do a thing. I'm surprised by how uneven the recovery is; one day up, one day less.

I am planning to venture back to work next week. As an architect I can do most of my work at my desk but the site visits will have to wait (I have a colleague doing them for me now and reporting in.) I am still nervous about the psychic energy that will be needed. I've enjoyed the time to recede into myself, taking care of myself. I won't give it up completely yet as it is so easy to get sucked up into the maelstorm quickly. I'm going to keep to half days as long as I need to. Don't want the stress or aggravation just yet. Feel that that could compromise me almost as much as lifting!

Be well all,
Sarah

TAH, rectocele repair 1/13.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

I'm jealous of you ladies who get to go back to work so soon. My doctor says at least two more weeks as I stand a lot and bend over little ones as I teach kindergarten. Bummer
Unread 01-24-2008, 10:27 AM

Hey take all the time your Dr says you can take. How often do we ladies get to rest and go slow under doctor's orders? I remember several months ago I was praying to the Lord for me to not be so depended upon, to not be so needed, I was feeling so stressed and He answered in this way (surgery and 6 wks rest)! I am thankful that He had the foresight to take care of me and get those parts out of me that I no longer needed.

Make sure ladies, that you keep the word "no" in your vocabulary to keep from doing too much too quickly. I will vow to keep redirecting people to find their own answers in my workplace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiberbear
Hey take all the time your Dr says you can take. How often do we ladies get to rest and go slow under doctor's orders? I remember several months ago I was praying to the Lord for me to not be so depended upon, to not be so needed, I was feeling so stressed and He answered in this way (surgery and 6 wks rest)! I am thankful that He had the foresight to take care of me and get those parts out of me that I no longer needed.

Make sure ladies, that you keep the word "no" in your vocabulary to keep from doing too much too quickly. I will vow to keep redirecting people to find their own answers in my workplace.

Good afternoon everyone!

Hiberbear, I so agree with you! I also have a desk job, but it's very mentally stressful. Long hours, competitive etc... I have vowed to take the full time that my doc has said I need. Initially, I thought maybe I would take a week or two and then work from home, but I have now decided that if I take the full 6 weeks, I just might learn something else from it. I might learn to delegate and redirect going forward. This is not something that I'm very good at. I tend to do it all and I am a bit of a control freak.
6 weeks of practicing might catch on!! hehe

Have a great day ladies... take care...
Unread 01-24-2008, 03:08 PM

I too would take however long the doc gave me if you are getting paid while you are off. With doing in home daycare I only had one week off. This week all my normal kids are here and we ended up with two extras today and yesterday. My husband is home with me yet this week but next week I am on my own. The only plus is that although toddlers are demanding and keep me on my feet most of the day, I have them all on the same schedule and can guarantee at least an hour nap each day (sometimes as much as 2 1/2 hrs). So I plan to rest when they do and go to bed early for the next few weeks till I catch up. My DH has been awsome and I am so lucky he is good with kids. He is usually home in the evening when they are still here before parents pick up so all of them know him real well. They often get excited when he comes home (especially in summer because he will play ball with them in the backyard). Anyway I am not dreding being on my own next week as much now as it is nearing. I have gradually done more the past two days with my DH pretty much just helping with the lifting, vacuming and carpooling.

Also I am happy to say that my bleeing from my rectocle repair seems to be slowing to an end and I will hopefully be able to move to just using panty liners soon. There still is an off smell to the discharge but the doc said it was bacteria.
Unread 01-24-2008, 03:11 PM
gladitsover08

I hope I posting on the correct site! I had a TLH with bilateral salpingo-ovariectomy on the 8th of January. I did great...was hospitalized less than 23 hours. Recovery is progressing well. I'm working towards a Masters Degree and must drive 196 miles round trip to classes on Monday, the 28th. I'm concerned the driving and sitting for 5 hours of classes may hender the recovery process. Any thoughts?
Unread 01-24-2008, 03:50 PM

Just back from post op...got a clear pathology report

Just adenomyosis. Yay!

Have to take two more weeks off from work and then 1/2 days as tolerated.

I am a teacher so essentially that means a week or so of 1/2 days and then off again for 9 days for Winter break.

No internal for me at 2 week post op. She said she wouldn't do that until 6 weeks unless something indicated that....

Grateful for that, I have no desire to have somoene poking and prodding right now!
Unread 01-24-2008, 04:57 PM

Greetings. Had my 2 week (and 2 day) check-up today. All is looking well. I love my doctor. She seems to really listen to me. I described the night sweats and waking up every 2-3 hrs during the night. I had read on this site about progesterone and testosterone and their benefits. (currently on premarin .9) She changed my HRT to a compound (compounded locally into a cream applied once a day after showering) which will contain all three hormones. I am excited to try it and hopefully get back to "normal" (whatever that is LOL). Has anyone tried a compound like this before??
I also asked the pharmacist about vit e oil on my incision. He said "yes, it really works well". Thank you to all who wrote about its benefits.
Unread 01-24-2008, 06:42 PM

I am discouraged for the first time since the surgery. I was doing so well, spotting just a couple of times a day (surgery was on 1/9) and I started bleeding again today. Like a period. Bright red blood, just like after the surgery. I called my doctor's office, and the nurse finally called me back 2 1/2 hrs. later. She said it may be that a stitch came out and pulled a scab away from the incision. (Said it may be other things, but didn't go into what else it may be.) She said to call tomorrow if it is still going on. If it continues they may have to cauterize the cuff. I'm so bummed! Hopefully it will resolve itself by tomorrow, but it hasn't slowed down as of yet.
Unread 01-24-2008, 07:37 PM

I had a little bleeding. When I called the doctor's office she said a little light bleeding of bright red blood is fine. However, if you use- say one pad an hour CALL Immediately. Know I'm thinking of you Song Lady and I will say an extra prayer that it will stop and you don't have to go into the dr. -

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register