Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 31 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 01-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Bummer Song Lady.

I too had slightly pink tinged secretions today that showed up only when I wiped, not on my panties. And here I was hoping that would never happen again! ** hum.

Anyhow, in my case, my cervix is still intact, it has endometrial tissue as it's part of the former womb, and my ovaries are still cycling, so I can still have what they call a mini period.

Now, this is the palest pink tinge, so I'm not looking at a full on period (at least I hope it won't come to that.) I think that probably had an impact on my blues these last couple days. I was so outta whack with my periods that I couldn't tell you when the next was due, but I am assuming this would have been the time.

I guess I'll watch how long this lasts, how heavy it gets, and when it comes.

I actually feel okay with it.

Just can't wait to see my doc tomorrow.

Peace and Love,
Brinks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2008, 11:45 PM

SongLady:

I, too, have had bleeding off and on. On Tuesday I had bright red blood that completely stained my panties and freaked me out. We went in and checked it out. They told me this kind of bleeding/staining is normal; hemoraging is not; blood pouring out like heavy period.

They said that the vagina is a wet area and that things heal differently, certainly more slowly than say an incision on the skin. In my case the bleeding started after bowel movements, probably from the straining even though it was not that hard.

It relaxed me to hear this.

Thanks, Shari
Unread 01-24-2008, 11:50 PM

Forgot to mention that I don't have my cervix, so this is not a mini-period. They said that this kind of minor bleeding after the surgery can occur for a while. That said, I am of the belief that with bleeding, one's impression is subjective (One person's 'minor bleeding' is another's 'major') and that you should go in and have the doc take a peek, even if it is just to put your mind at ease. It certainly worked for me.

Also, ladies, I am happy to report that I am already peeing much much less! Prior to the surgery, owing to my 16 wk sized uterus sitting on my bladder, I was peeing every hour at least. I can now go 3-4 hours without peeing like a normal person for the first time in years!

Sarah
47, TAH, rectocele repair 1/13.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2008, 04:49 AM

i to had peeing problems.. tumour was size of softball ,when i sneezed ect. and if i gagged which i do when i brush my teeth my gag reflex is horrible,,,and i would go frequently as well,,havent had that problem since,,mine was a solid mass and was sitting right above my public bone and was pressing on bladder,,i started slightly spotting after internal,,and also i have finally regain the muscles(that i had presurgery) to have a bowel movement,so that could have something to do with the spotting (vaginal) anyway hang in there tah/bso (no cervix) dec 21
Unread 01-25-2008, 06:41 AM

Yeah, I don't have a cervix either, so it's not that. (I've heard of that, though. It makes sense.)

I didn't bleed that much through the night, and it seems to be a little lighter this morning, though it's still going on. I plan to call the doctor's office and ask to be seen. I don't want to go through the weekend worrying about it.

Thanks SO much for the prayers and support. I am blessed by you all!
Unread 01-25-2008, 07:23 AM

I bled first 2 days post op then stopped for 5 days been spotting light pink ever since. It's not heavy or nothing just annoying lol. I thought I had bought my last pads had to buy some last night ran out. We stopped to get gas last night, roads were bad, some idiot pulled out right in front of us. DH swerved over some to keep from hitting him ugh pothole I felt it whole way home and still today. we were barely moving he was stopping but just agitated wrong way I guess. Had to take a percocet last night ugh and I have been off meds. On a good note doc said I can do what I want(no vaccuming yet) just to listen to my body. Haven't told people in this house yet as they will expect more than I can do yet. I've done laundry, cleaned bathroom(have one of them mr. clean wands for I don't bend to wipe out tub real quick) done dishes, dusted all the tvs and pcs, 7yr old dd mopped floors for me so at least house looks better. I made a turkey dinner the other night was nice not to eat quick fix food(we aren't used to it kids thought it was a treat lol) I didn't lift the turkey had ds do it. Doc laughed when I said I don't care if you restrict everything else but can I have my cooking back lol. I want to go see Rambo this weekend but not sure if I can sit for 2 hours lol.
I am glad to hear so many of you are doing so well. You ladies are the best. You have helped through being scared before and recovery. Thank you all so much.
Hugs to all and have a great day.
Unread 01-25-2008, 08:02 AM

I have not really been bleeding at all... it seems sometimes I have a small little red spot (not bright red) but I constantly have a light brownish color. It seems to be only on tissue when wiping. I'm assuming it's just old blood that's just coming out slowly.
You have all talked about your 2 week post op appt with you doc... hmmm.. I am only scheduled for a 4 week post op appt.
I feel like my recovery is right on schedule and I don't really have any concerns, but I'm wondering if my doc should have made me an appt sooner than 4 weeks.
She did tell me to call any day or time if I have any problems or concerns so I guess if I don't have any I will just wait for the 4 weeks.

I feel so blessed to have had all of you to share this experience with. Sharing our questions and concerns with each other is so helpful.

Dee37, I too want to go to the movies! I want to see Sweeney Todd... but like you, I'm not sure I can sit for 2 hours in a movie theatre. It's different at home because you can change positions as often as you like. Even when I'm healthy, I find it difficult to sit still in those seats for the entire movie.
Not to mention that I have restless leg syndrome!! They go crazy on me when I sit there... then I have to walk...

I have actually had to pace around in the middle of the night last couple of nights. Restless leg syndrome is such a pain!!! arrghhhhh
Unread 01-25-2008, 08:28 AM

RunningChick,
, someone else out there with RLS! I too am plagued by this very annoying syndrome, it was really getting to me after I had stopped the narcotics, I couldn't sleep at all and so had to get another scrip for Tylenol 3, mostly just so I could sleep. My father has it too, and when he had surgery recently he found that those leg squeezer things in the hosp kept his at bay, they should make those for us to have at home! I have a tentative movie date for tomorrow afternoon, but I'm thinking twice now, not sure if I'm ready to spend so much time outside the house yet. Maybe I'll put it off for 1 more week. I got those bad sharp pains last night (ouch!) that I hear about here so often, when someone suspects they overdid it, and I suspect maybe I shouldn't have been throwing the ball outside for my poor bored doggie... I recommend NOT throwing things...
Unread 01-25-2008, 08:34 AM

I want to see the "Bucket List". I really wanted to go last weekend but was not ready yet. Unsure if we'll go this weekend. My DH lined up dinner out with a few other friends. I am excited to do this but probably won't be up to going to a movie afterwards.
Am excited about trying that new compound HRT today. I was up again 2-3 times in the night and then could not get back to sleep!!!Arrrrrrr!
Have I mentioned I have 5 children. The youngest is not yet in pre-school. He has been going to daycare still even though I am home right now. DH takes him. He still wears me out just watching him. OH to have half of his energy!!!!
Sometimes I wonder if I should have had this surgery. I did it for cancer prevention. My mom(at 79) and grandmother (at 43) died of ovarian cancer. My ovaries were also full of endo. and I had heavy periods (pollups ?? or something like that) in the uterous. BUT wow I feel so different than all my friends. I am 42 and suddenly feel older. My friends don't understand. In fact I don't really try to talk to them about it. How do you understand "night sweats" until you had one. Don't get me wrong my friends are great. Spoiling me wrotten. In fact they are still bringing in dinners for our family!!!! You couldn't ask for better friends. I am just so glad to have all of you. Every morn my DH says, "What are u doing on the net again?" and I say Just listening and talking to my new hyster friends. THanks everyone for listening...
Unread 01-25-2008, 08:58 AM

hehe... I want to see the Bucket List too.. it looks very funny. I have a large screen plasma tv so I pick and choose what I will pay to see at the theatre. It's mostly based on the amount of special effects. I know Sweeney Todd isn't really full of special effects, but Johnny Depp is worth seeing on the big screen!!
I know I just gave up most of my girlie parts, but my eyes are still perfectly good and Johnny Depp is HOT!!! hahaha

Wow Bon ME! 5 kids??!! You have way more energy than I do!!
I had one (27 yrs ago) and I couldn't even have imagined 2, never mind 5!!
Kudos to you!!
Sorry to hear about your mom and grandmother. I have a similar story. My mum and grandmother both died from breast cancer. My mum just passed away on Dec 10. They were both just 65 yrs old when they died.
My doc wants me to visit with the genetic counsellors once I am recovered from this surgery to talk about being proactive with my own health. I'm not sure I want to know if I have the gene. I think that will leave me worrying every day. Wondering what day I WILL get breast cancer.
I think I would rather just be diligent with my annual exams and if/when the day comes, I will deal with it then.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register