Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 01-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

I have RLS that goes untreated. All of the meds I have tried cause vertigo really bad. Luckily, I am not consumed by it. It is not everyday. Sometimes I can go a month without it but when it rears its ugly head, it is unbearable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2008, 09:06 AM

I am soooooooooooooo frustrated right now. I wanted to go back to work for a half day today but my doctor's office is not cooperating. They still have not sent the letter that I can go back for half days...

I work in an extremely high paced marketing department and feel the pressure as each day passes and I am not there. I know so much has backed up.

I wanted to start back on a Friday because everyone is more laid back. If I start on a Monday, I will get overwhelmed with all the new crazy Monday stuff on top of trying to get caught up. I wanted to use today to get caught up and develop a game plan for the next week...

I got up early this am. Sitting here in a suit, makeup and hair waiting...I am nearly exhausted and I have not done much yet today. I get the feeling by the time they call I will have hit a wall and not feel like going...

Sorry, I had to vent.
Unread 01-25-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysterscared35
I have RLS that goes untreated. All of the meds I have tried cause vertigo really bad. Luckily, I am not consumed by it. It is not everyday. Sometimes I can go a month without it but when it rears its ugly head, it is unbearable.
Ditto... my RLS goes untreated. To my knowledge there really isn't an effective treatment. The few that I have heard of come with so many side effects that it's not worth the risk. I have lived with this my entire life and have dealt with it in my own ways. I just can't risk my health to drugs.
My dad and sister also have RLS.. it seems it is hereditary but of course there is no medical information to confirm that. My dad suffers a lot and can't find anything to help when they get out of control. My sister has found a moisturizer that she swears works when she rubs it in... I personally find the moisturizer makes it worse! I have to walk to get mine to settle down. Sometimes it just takes a few minutes of walking.. other times it's pacing for an hour or so. I sometimes have to stand up and pace while watching tv. I guess pacing is better than drugs...
I was very nervous of my legs getting restless on the first day of surgery when I wasn't able to get out of bed. I asked the nurse to take the blankets off of my feet. It seems if my feet get hot under the blankets it can set it off. Luckily, I didn't have any episodes while I was at the hospital!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2008, 10:01 AM

[quote=hysterscared35]I am soooooooooooooo frustrated right now. I wanted to go back to work for a half day today but my doctor's office is not cooperating. They still have not sent the letter that I can go back for half days...

I work in an extremely high paced marketing department and feel the pressure as each day passes and I am not there. I know so much has backed up.

I wanted to start back on a Friday because everyone is more laid back. If I start on a Monday, I will get overwhelmed with all the new crazy Monday stuff on top of trying to get caught up. I wanted to use today to get caught up and develop a game plan for the next week...

QUOTE]

hysterscared,

please be patient and realize that you shouldn't push yourself too hard. This time away is for mental recuperation as well as physical recuperation. Unless you have people calling you from work every half hour, like chickens with their heads cutoff" there is no need to "go in".

Is there a possibility you can do some of your work from home?

Life is too short to not take the time when you need it, and to set an example for others that we are all human with limitations. How often are we busy women allowed to take it easy under doctor's orders? I had to take a personal leave of absence for 5 months 12 years ago to deal with the death of my parents and I plan to take the full 6 weeks (for my type of surgery) as suggested by my dr as a minimum starting point. Life at work went on (and is going)ok without me.

You are the only YOU you have.
take care,
Unread 01-25-2008, 10:42 AM

We saw 27 Dresses last weekend, cute, dumb, fun movie to watch. I'm feeling slightly fragile emotionally, weird, so I couldn't bring myself to go to Bucket List because I know it'll pull at the heart strings.

Wow BON, by the way my name is Bonnie, I don't know if yours is or not, not too many of us out there, FIVE kids. Wow! I always wanted a large family but after 2 I found my life plenty full. No regrets in that way.

Saw doc today, she was amazed by how good I look and was adamant that I realize that people will see me and think I'm fully recovered and this is one of the worst mind-sets to get into. I look great (well I'm not bleeding anymore (or just tinged) after 2 years) my RBCs actually get to fortify my body for a chance instead of having to continuously trying to keep up with my blood loss.

The fibroids were larger than she anticipated but said the surgery was picture perfect, though the head ache I had going in and coming out had them concerned because I was in such great pain with it.

I can go back to work, my plan sounds good to her, 2 or 3 days, shortened days if I can, for the first couple weeks. No lifting for another 3-4 weeks, no sex for 2 weeks yet, but I can have baths now, YIPPEE!

Hot flashes I've been having might lessen, the slight blood tinged discharge when I wipe is normal, might be on and off for a few more weeks, but she doesn't expect I will have ever again after that.

I second, third, fourth and so on the love and support that these boards have brought to me over the many weeks I've been here. I know eventually we'll go on our way, but we will always remember the great support and love we've given to one another.

Hey BECKY? Did you go to work today???

Okay, need to get Bethani up and at em (how can kids sleep so late, it's 11:30 here!). We have to pack her stuff up and make sure we have everything.

Peace and Love!
Bonnie
Unread 01-25-2008, 11:20 AM

Okay, just got back from the doctor, and everything's fine! He examined me (the bleeding had stopped--wouldn't you know it??) and said I'm healing nicely. He said it was probably just part of the scab on the vag. cuff pulling away, which can happen when the stitches start dissolving. I felt a little silly for going in, but at least I don't have to worry all weekend now.

Bon ME and Running Chick, boy do we have a lot in common. My mother, aunt, and many great aunts and great grandmother all had breast cancer, and several others had colon cancers and others that I don't even know where they originated. All this leads me to believe that the gene is probably in our family, and that's the main reason I had my ovaries removed. I don't want to be tested for the gene because of the chance of discrimination. You hear stories about people losing their health insurance. My plan is to continue having breast MRI's along with my mammograms to keep on top of it.

Bon ME, for what it's worth, I think you will be happy in the long run that you had the surgery. As time goes on, more of your friends will have it done, too, and know what you're going through. I have many friends who've had it done, and every single one of them says it was the best move they ever made. (Not one regrets it.)

Thanks, sisters, for the prayers and support! Have a SUPER weekend!
Unread 01-25-2008, 11:21 AM

hello sister!

I'm 29 and also had my TAH the same day you did. I'm feeling a little better. i'm walking on my own but I find it very difficult to stand up strait. As soon as you start with solid food and try to walk a little everyday you will feel much better. I had to have my TAH do to a very serious case of endometriosis.

Hope you feel better soon!!! God bless you too!
Unread 01-25-2008, 11:59 AM

Dear GladItsOver08,

You had the same surgery that I did except laproscopically which is less invasive and it will be nearly your 3 wk mark on the 28th. If you feel you are up to it, then going back to your studies will be worth it for you. Sitting is no longer uncomfortable for me, but sitting for a very long time is. Can you do some of the classes on line? Or perhaps if the 28th is the first day of the quarter/semester, perhaps you can explain your situation to your professors, and keep up virtually, then go in person when you are feeling better. You likely have some doubts or you would not have posted. Driving and walking between classes should not be too strenous, but lugging around books or a laptop would be!

Other Jan7-Jan14th sisters...I went back through this long thread to just down everyones names and types of surgeries and there were over 57 of us that had surgery that particular week! What progress we've made and yet to do! Thank you ladies!
Unread 01-25-2008, 12:09 PM

Hi Hiberbear, wow 57 of us.....I also had the abdominal incision and am going for short walks daily.

Going shopping today as I wasn't expecting the abdominal surgery in the end and I know it will be a bit before getting into my pants again......got to buy some new pants to tide me over.

But I know, that I shall be slimmer than before ) Those fibroid critters are gone and I want to regain my pre-fibroid figure.

On the road to recovery with no regrets!!!
Unread 01-25-2008, 12:30 PM

Hello Ladies!
It's so nice to see everyone is doing so well...I had a fabulous day yesterday, went shopping did errands and even some housework - feeling guilty for not being at work because I know it is so busy in there ( I work in a open heart surgery ICU) AND THEN...I went to bed woke up at 3 am with searing stabbing pain in my back running all the way down my leg - guess I overdid it and ended up taking dilaudid for the pain -today I'm stiff and taking a much lower key approach to the day...also feeling a little less guilty about not going back to work for a couple more weeks - wouldn't be very helpful for my patients if I can't stand up myself!! Doing better with the emotional stuff - as long as I don't hang out with too many babies!! - oh and I did see the Bucket List - a great life-affirming flick - but do bring your tissues!! I feel like I know all of you wonderful people after reading your posts for 2 weeks now - keep up the good work and for those of you still sore or frustrated hang in there...any surgery that requires general anesthesia takes a huge toil - whether you have huge incisions or tiny laproscopic port sites...our insides are taking time - as should our outsides!!
Be well
Trish

39, daVinci assisted LVHBSO, Atypical hyperplasia : final path Adenomyosis, Fibroids and no Atypia

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register