Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 36 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 01-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Hi Ladies!

I surprisingly am not sad about losing my uterus. I feel that it was diseased and that disease was spreading through my whole body as it tried to make enough RBCs to replace the blood I was losing. I am also 48 almost 49, active, happy, my uterus was really affecting the quality of my life and now I am free!

That said, I do understand the loss, and I have thought that this woman or that has their uteruses and I don't anymore. It's weird, but not sad for me.

Man, Renee', I would have been scared silly. What a shocking thing to see blood in your foley, the plastic magnifies blood on the sides of the tubing, too, so even a little bit looks like a lot. Swallow those pills and be healed! I said a prayer for you.

I also wanted to comment on your wonderful character, and abstaining until you find your life mate. That is really something, and I applaud your faith. I hope God brings you a man who will be loving, gentle and adoring.

Wow Hiberbear, you are really on top of the board here. Love it!

Hiberbear and Song Lady, KJ and I will be at 56 here in Chicagoland on Monday, isn't that amazing?

We took Bethani to school. Moved her to the second floor (no elevator), hubby did all the heavy stuff. We did a tour of the whole school, up stairs and down, and all around, and boy that got to my belly big time. Hubby and Bethani were getting worried, but I said it's all good! I'm just working it a little more than I have. So, I popped a darvocet and we went to lunch. LOL.

This is so bittersweet, but a true gift for our children to expand their knowledge and share their special gifts. We had tears, we love each other, but this is good.

Thanks to all those who prayed and kept us in your hearts. We felt it.

Peace and Love,
Brinks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2008, 08:39 PM

Well, today was certainly a better day. I have been taking my big pills and loving every one of them.

Thanks so much for the encouragement because I certainly needed it. My co-laborers in Children and Youth Ministry came to see me today and that was great!!!! I'm counting down to Tuesday and thanking GOD for every day.

I'm loving the sisterhood that this site brings and glad that when I searched the internet I found this site. I was home alone for part of the day and it wasn't bad. I took my time and resisted my natural urge to rush rush rush.

Brinks - It sounds like you had a busy but successful move in. Congrats!!! Get some rest because I'm sure that you are in need of it. I also wanted to thank you for your complement. Most people don't understand it or think it's silly, but it is who I am and as you pointed out a testament to my character. Thank you so much!!!!!! Keep praying for me and I will certainly do the same for you.

:timeup: for me. I'll check in tomorrow. Blessings on you.
Unread 01-26-2008, 08:44 PM

Okay, someone said, SEX, shhh, for me it's way too early yet, she says I have to wait another two weeks, and frankly I'm all for it, but I decided to do some solo exploring to see if O is still achievable. Well, I can say, it is and it was as intense as it has been.

There was no penetration, just outter play. I feel more and more ready now to treat my husband to that fine moment. No penetration until 2 weeks, but maybe I'll surprise him with some outter play??? HEE!

Peace and Love,
Brinks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2008, 09:04 PM

Never thought I'd be talking about sex on the internet with ANYONE, (lol) but I guess this is as good a place as any to start! I too, found the big O to be achievable and this came as such a relief that I thanked G-d over and over again. That was one of my big worries pre-op. (Come to think of it, talking to G-d about orgasms also wasn't something I ever thought I'd be doing either! Funny what life brings.) This experience has taught me that true health is about being able to do the normal things, like pee and poop, and yes, have orgasms.

That's all fine and good, but my patient husband is not coming near me any time soon (I also had a rectocele repair in the vagina which is slow to heal.) Yes I feel stirrings, but I am in that post-childbirth mode that I remember which is that I am still sooooooooooo not ready. (He jokes that he's too exhausted from caring for me anyway.)

What I am thinking of doing, (let me know what you all think,) is making that reunion special. I've even told my husband about this. This wasn't possible with a newborn around, but I see this hysterectomy as possibly the beginning of contraception-free great sex for the rest of our lives (especially now that I see that the O is still there!) I suggested that we make a special night of it, go out to eat, stay somewhere away from the kids for that night. It's got both of us excited about this reunion. Maybe I'll even buy a negligee and get out of my lovely granny panties and oversized sweats for the occasion! What a looker I've been lately....

Love, Sarah
TAH, rectocele repair 1/13/08
Unread 01-26-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafina49
To Hysterscared35: I had my drugs openly on my hospital cart and no one said anything. I went through the women's center at my hospital and they were very understanding and caring!
I have no idea why they were so strict. Maybe they have had some bad experiences with drug interactions. Thank goodness I only had to stay one night there.
Unread 01-26-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiberbear
(I had to start writing down names and surgdates and tidbits as I couldn't keep track of what was going on with every one!)
I really need to do this but fear that my DH will definitely feel that I have completely lost it then...haha
Unread 01-26-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheBrink
Okay, someone said, SEX, shhh, for me it's way too early yet, she says I have to wait another two weeks, and frankly I'm all for it, but I decided to do some solo exploring to see if O is still achievable. Well, I can say, it is and it was as intense as it has been.

There was no penetration, just outter play. I feel more and more ready now to treat my husband to that fine moment. No penetration until 2 weeks, but maybe I'll surprise him with some outter play??? HEE!

Peace and Love,
Brinks
Never thought I would discuss this with people on the internet either but I have rewarded my DH's expertise in my care a couple of times with outer play, too. Maybe that is why I am such the princess.

If he knew I told you guys that he would die!
Unread 01-27-2008, 08:01 AM

OK - so I saw a few of you ladies struggle with RLS. I have never had this before but I have had a few nights now where it has been an issue. Last night it took me 3 1/2 hrs to fall asleep (even after taking my sleeping Rx). My legs were so jumpy and clawly. I finally feel asleep only to wake up about 45 min later bothered by the same feeling. This went on all night. I am lucky if I got about 3 hrs sleep total. My daughter sings at church today and I have missed the past two weekends since surgery. I had really planned to go today and tough it out sitting in a pew to watch her sing but at about 4AM this morning I told my DH that there was no way I could. I can't even bring myself to get out of my PJ's. Is this normal for this post op phase or am I developing a new problem? It happened two other times this past week but it only affected me getting to sleep which took longer than normal with taking a sleeping pill but it didn't wake me all night long.

I would love to hear your input. I am on my own starting tomorrow with 4 toddlers so I can't afford to be sleep deprived!!!!!!!!!
Unread 01-27-2008, 08:43 AM

Jenny -

As I am plagued with this and have been prior to surgery, so I cannot comment if it is something normal after surgery. For me, the more I can walk and stay active in the day, the better the RLS is. The more inactive I am, the more it flairs up. I have found that the meds for this suck and I do not take them.
Unread 01-27-2008, 08:46 AM

Good morning!
Kudos to the ladies "gettin' busy" again...wish I had a DH to oblige as well, but alas I am single - and the market is TOUGH!! I have been having anxiety about how the hyster might be recieved by potential guys out there...will I be "less of a woman" to them...but I am happy to hear the solo experiments have panned out!!! Going to try the gym today - was cleared for progressive workouts at my 2 week appt but have had horrific back/leg pain all week and my lap sites are pulling like crazy...so slow I go...looking forward to hitting the eliptical!
Have a fabulous day ladies...Sunny and 30 degrees here in Connecticut...might even be a walking day!!
Trish

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register