Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 41 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 01-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Hysterscared--I saw my MD at just over 2 weeks post-op (when I had resumed bleeding and was worried) and he did an internal exam at that time. It was easy and not uncomfortable at all. (I asked him beforehand if it would do more harm than good to insert a speculum, and he said at this point it's indifferent.)

He'll probably do that and check your external incisions. Nothing to fear!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysterscared35
I feel so bad that I did not lose weight with this procedure. I thought for sure I would. I am really bummed. I have actually gained a few pounds. How did you lose 19 pounds Renee?
Hey there Becky

My weight loss has been the end result of having to keep a catheter for the last 17 days - I can't really get out and do much - and I believe fear of constipation.

Pre-surgery, I had never met a steak or potato that I didn't like. I'm a plus sized sister and was never a very healthy eater. I re-interpreted the food pyramid. I told my family and friends that as long as I had veggies once a week, all was well.

Now, again - I believe fearing constipation - I eat such popular things as salad, carrots, green beans, and applesuace. Also - trying to stay ahead of the pain, I had altered my med schedule. I'm not good at taking pills so I need to eat at the same time. I would take my asthma meds with breakfast - a pain pill at lunch - and my antibiotic at dinner. I am eating 3 much smaller meals a day AND not having dinner at 8:00pm.

That's the reason I want to take advantage of this time. When I go back to work, I won't be as capable of controlling my dinner time. I work 9 hours a day and commute and hour each way.

You know what else, I just thought of - because I have this catheter (and can watch my output), I have been drinking very little other than tons of water. I have not had my 3 - 20 oz. and my 32 oz of Cherry Limeaid each day.

I guess that would do it.
Unread 01-28-2008, 03:40 PM

Hi Everyone from the same surgery date
You know I start to feel good then wham I feel bad and have to pretty much stay in bed for a entire day. Last night (out of pain killers) I just could not sleep or get comfortable. I still can not sleep on my side either one and I know some of you can but I can't (sorry I hate being lectured too) All of us have different healing complications and pain and you know. I was cut up my stomach to the left of my belly button about 8" it is so sore. I have driven and went on short outings where when I finally got out I just wish I was at home. It really sucks to be so exhausted and have no real control over each you know. I kept my daughter home from daycare today because my brakes need to fixed on my car and I can't really go anywhere but let me tell you ( I wish you was at her daycare I understand a bit more on the 6-12 week recovery. I wish all of you the best and as speedy as recovery as possible. I do feel pretty good for most of the day and I hope I can sleep tonight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2008, 03:58 PM

I needed to hear these thoughts about overdoing it. Just because I feel OK, I think I can easily step back into the running around like I did before. Boy, I'm learning I'm not there yet. I am feeling guilty for lying around, but I want to heal the right way. I had pelvic organ prolapse and I feel that it was my fault because I always lifted heavy things, worked like a man around the house. Now, I know it's my chance to start over and be a delicate flower of a woman. My family will have to get used to the new me. I will have to get used to the new me. Now I am the one getting emotional.
Unread 01-28-2008, 05:03 PM

Friend07 (Connie),

Oh wow - I am just feeling that sensation around the top and upper sides of my vertical incision too. Yesterday I was feeling slight pin - pricky along the incision. I was thinking that today's pain was due to my regular jeans for about 6 hours today, but I re-read your post and its the SAME. not unbearable like you said but uncomfortable.

Bon Me,

You asked me earlier if I was having any hormonal issues and I replied not too severe yet...I was getting ready to go out today and laid my jeans out on the bed, then walked in the closet to get something else and then started to look for my jeans again, couldn't find them, so I put on my other pair (my larger ones) and walked out of the closet and had a real good laugh at myself!

I have also been such a passenger lately, that when I was driving to my DDs school this afternoon (first day of driving), I realized that I can't admire the windows that new building along the way, almost drifted out of my lane!

So be careful ladies when you start driving again! :steer:

Timeforme - yes I think that sometimes I would really like it if my DH treated me like a fragile flower! He is sweet, but not very perceptive. I have to make my needs or any needs around the house known to him. He makes me laugh, so I keep him around!

Take care ladies....Have a good and healing sleep tonight!

Kim
Unread 01-28-2008, 05:08 PM

Oh I forgot to mention. I am having time slices that feel "normal" or I forget I am changed inside, which is a good thing. They don't last for a long time, but string enough of these puppies together....woo hoo, on the road to recovery!
Unread 01-28-2008, 05:33 PM

Hello all, I'm new to the site. I just read all the post trying to see if what I'm ex periencing is normal. I had a TAH on Jan. 14th released on the 18th due to severe anemia. Sent husband to get some prune juice BM's not good yet. I tried to lay off pain meds but not ready yet. I too find it uncomfortable to sleep on side so I've gotten a body pillow but haven't figure out how to place yet for comfort. Missing my mother also who passed away in Aug, '07 my true prayer warrior with hands that were very soothing whenever I was feeling bad. I am very grateful for this site it has so much of the needed info during recovery and I thank you.
Unread 01-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Welcome hu34143!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hu34143
Hello all, I'm new to the site. I just read all the post trying to see if what I'm ex periencing is normal. I had a TAH on Jan. 14th released on the 18th due to severe anemia. Sent husband to get some prune juice BM's not good yet. I tried to lay off pain meds but not ready yet. I too find it uncomfortable to sleep on side so I've gotten a body pillow but haven't figure out how to place yet for comfort. Missing my mother also who passed away in Aug, '07 my true prayer warrior with hands that were very soothing whenever I was feeling bad. I am very grateful for this site it has so much of the needed info during recovery and I thank you.
Welcome to the Jan7-Jan14 thread!

Yes the prune juice will help as well as lots of fluids and walking around the house. Coffee helps some (and me), but wait until morning for that one! You don't want to move things along too forcefully as that hurts too with the gas. Others have used Miralax, Colace and Milk of Magnesia.

As for the body pillow, I used to lay on my side, hug it, put my head on the upper part, and throw my top leg over the lower part. See if that helps. Its also comfy between your knees.

Yes - I understand about your mom. RunningChick on this thread had her mum pass in Dec. My mom's been gone for 12 years now. I have just now said a prayer for your recovery and your sound restful sleep tonight.

We are all here to comfort you!

Blessings,
Unread 01-28-2008, 05:58 PM

Hi Friends,

I wrote a long missive earlier and my computer froze and poof it was gone. Wow, that was so aggravating.

I worked exactly 3 hours and I hit the wall. I'm so discouraged, I came home and took the first nap I've taken during the day since my surgery. I will take off tomorrow and then try again on Wednesday. ** hum.

Insofar as the running. I've run for just about a year. We have miles of river paths and prairie paths in our town. We are bike riders and power walkers, but twinsie cannot walk as fast as me, so we began watching the long distance runners we were seeing every morning, and noticed that they didn't lift their feet high, but rather glided along.

Twinsie and I started running like that in October of 06 and the next thing we knew we were running in a Turkey Trot 5k and then trained four months from Jan - April in Chicago winter (we ran in windchills of -25 and a foot of snow) for the half marathon in Eugene Oregon. Our last long run of our training we ran 14.85 miles (was supposed to be 14 miles but I took a wrong turn) and it snowed the whole time. Our pants were so wet they were dragging on the ground!

For our fluffy sisters who are worried about running, I'm 155 and twinse is 200 pounds, we are 5'6" tall (fraternal twins she with brown hair and eyes, me blond and green eyed) and she by far has more stamina than I. I can kick her butt speed walking, but she always ALWAYS wins just by a hair when we are running.

I think the key to running is form, keeping the feet close to the ground, gliding along, and going at a comfortable pace.

I wish I could be out there now. We love running in this weather vs very hot. We usually ride bikes at dawn with hubby in the very hot months. BTW, my hubby is not thin, and he ran his second full marathon in Eugene.

I think it really is a "mind thing". We had everything hurt at different times in our training -- knees, backs, thighs, plantar faciitis, we just kept on running, saw the chiropractor, spent money on being fitted for the right sneakers and it was awesome.

I hope this brings hope to some who are wanting to run and think they can't. I never dreamed I'd run EVER, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Running that half marathon was a huge accomplishment for us. I think it really does just take commitment.

It's awesome to see this thread go from ice packs and pain pills to driving the car and exercise in just two short weeks.

Heal well, friends.

Peace and Love,
Brinks
Unread 01-28-2008, 06:05 PM

Hu34143
I feel for you and yes the prune juice helped me. I remember waking up after surgery and wishing my mom was still here cause I needed her so much. I too tried to not take the pain meds as frequent but paid for that and it sucks to be in pain. I love this place it is the best thing I have ever found. Except for a very slight few everyone has been so helpful and comforting. I would never had made it this far without this place and I pass this along as often as I can. You can find many answers to the ? you need here just knowing others are going through the same thing is a great big tremendous help. Good luck! I can't get the body pillow to work for me either

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register