Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 44 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 01-30-2008, 07:09 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Good morning everyone!

Wow, we are having some really extreme weather here! Didn't get much sleep. It's hard enough sleeping with a sore belly and healing incision, but last night the winds were at 80-100k!!!
Today is trash pick up day and most people on our street put it out the night before so trash cans were blowing around the neigbourhood!!
I think I'm going to need a nap this afternoon....

Sarah, I was starting to feel exactly like you! Our surgeries were 2 days apart so I'm guessing that in a couple of days you are going to start feeling better again. I too had no pain when I left the hospital. I bought Motrin when I came home but in the time that I have been home, I have only taken a total of 4 tablets. I thought I was healing faster than most. Then I started to get around. I went out for lunch, then dinner the next day, had company the next day.. then went grocery shopping. By late last week, I had tenderness around my belly button and the skin on my abdomen is extremely sensitive. Friday night, I passed out walking up the stairs to go to bed. I was pale as a ghost and sweaty. Hubby was very upset and worried. I promised that I would take it easy and that is exactly what I have been doing. I'm not in pain but abdomen is sensitive, belly button is tender. I also had a feeling like something was pulling from behind my belly button down to the pelvic bone. That has eased up now but everything is still tender and the belly swells quite a bit by the end of the day.
I have been putting ice packs on my belly in the evening it seems to help a bit with the swelling. Warm water also seems to help a bit with the sensitivity of the abdomen.

I don't have an appt with my doc until Feb 15 and so far, I haven't felt the need to call and insist on her seeing me sooner. I feel so thankful to have found this site. I have had so many of my fears eased just by reading that most of the ladies here are experiencing the same things.

I hope this helps to ease your concerns... if not, then you should contact your Dr so that you can rest assured that you are ok.
Worrying can also set you back as your body responds to stress.

Have a good day...remember to pamper yourself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2008, 07:41 AM

Wow. Running Chick, thanks! Your letter made me feel so much better. I have to thank the originators and the moderators of this site. Also all my fellow hyster sisters. You can't imagine the good work that you are all doing.

After being unbelievably fine for 2 weeks, suddenly yesterday I was the color of a sheet and I felt like fainting while a client was speaking with me. I ended the meeting (here in my home office) and went straight to bed. Today, but for getting up to eat and go to the bathroom, I've stayed horizontal all day. I was so wiped out that I slept most of the day and it helped. I am already feeling less swollen, less achey (achy?)and less tired. I felt so good on Sunday (2 wks post op) that I really thought that working short days in my home office would be no big deal. Sunday-Tuesday I ran up and down stairs all day, cooked dinners, went grocery shopping, etc. I clearly overdid it, and am learning that unless I actually slow down and heal, I will pay the price. Feeling so good in week #2 led me to do too much, too soon. A lesson hard learned.

Thanks. 4" of snow in Jerusalem! Such excitement that all the schools were closed and the mayor held a snowman contest in the big city park!

Happy healing, ladies.
Sarah

TAH and retrocele repair, kept ovaries, 1/13/08
Unread 01-30-2008, 08:20 AM

It has been 3 weeks since my surgery. The recovery has been extremely easy. I have not had much pain since the surgery.

I drove 98 miles to school Monday morning, sat for a 3 hour class, had a 2 hour break, and returned to sit through a 2 hour class. I drove the 98 miles back home and was extremely glad to lay down!

My boss and other employees have called since the first week inquiring as to when I'm returning to work. I went to work a half day yesterday afternoon. I am a paralegal in a law firm and couldn't believe what had NOT been done in light of my absence. Now I feel I must return to work full time! Today, I feel as if I have been ran over by a truck! I'm seriously considering giving a two week notice this afternoon. I do not have my ovaries....is this hormonal "fuzzy" thinking or a legitimate complaint?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2008, 08:50 AM
color me blue

Hi, ladies. I am new to this site. I had my TVH on the 11th. Have wanted to write sooner but this is the first day I have felt like sitting here long enough.
My first week wasn't too bad but the second was a hormonal rollercoaster ride. And none too pleasant. I had lots of the gas pains, too. GasX was a God-send. Both of my daughters came from out of state to stay first two weeks. They were a big help and my 1yr old granddaughter was a great diversion. Although I feel physically better here in the middle of week 3, mentally I am struggling. The girls are gone, my hubby is working 2 jobs so I am home alone. I feel better enough to WANT to do stuff but know it's still too soon. So I am fighting the BLAHS big time. This site has helped a lot. Thanks for all the input.
Unread 01-30-2008, 08:56 AM

hi becky
your pathology reports are normal, all fancy words for scarring, former surgery will do that. no cancer, should be relieved, glad for you. take it easy, recover at your individual pace, stay encouraged.
Louie
Unread 01-30-2008, 08:59 AM

Greetings from the deep freeze!! (I think I will spare you the weather report today.)
Thank goodness for your "threads" Sarah and Runningchick! I was feeling SOOOOO good Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday, tried one of those marathon mom days. Last night and today I have had this horrible pain in my right side. Maybe it is just the stitiches inside dissolving..(I hope). But at times it is enough to bring tears to my eyes. Was sad others are having discomfort also but somewhat relieved that maybe this is just part of the healing process.
Snow in Jerusalem!! That is wonderful.
Shalimar - how are you feeling?? Did you start iron pills?
Hiberbear - how's the daughter driving going? Do you ever worry about riding with her after your surgery?
Brinks - has your daughter called home from college yet?? How are you doing with going into work.
Alpine Glow - we have not heard from you lately. Doing OK?
EVERYONE - I hope you all have a BLESSED day. Heal well and don't do a marathon day = bad idea. (Plus now my family thinks I am totally healed and should do marathon days every day!!!!!! ---I see why they say NOT to go to work until Dr. ok's.)
Unread 01-30-2008, 09:02 AM

Purplefreak! (You're just up the road from me--I'm in Southern Indiana.) I had the same procedure you did, 2 days earlier.

Sorry you're struggling with the "blues" right now. I think the wintertime is hard on us emotionally, even without all the hormonal interference and just being capable of less in general.

I would encourage you to get out and get some sunshine, to the extent that you are able. It's been too cold to go out walking, so I haven't, but just leaving the house and driving on small errands gets you some intermittent sunlight, and that will help with your mood (not to mention the vitamin D that you will benefit from). As you accomplish small tasks, your life will begin to feel more normal.

Hang in there...it will get better!
Unread 01-30-2008, 09:12 AM

Sorry - it took me so long to post my "thread" - 3 of you wrote in between me. Welcome purplefreak. I think you'll find comfort here and friendship. I love Louisville - beautiful area - beautiful state.

Gladitsover - You WAY overdid it. Call work. Tell them you just came back too early and can not come in again for a few more days. Give your self some healing today. Don't quit just yet.

Hi Louie - hope your doing well today.
Unread 01-30-2008, 09:22 AM

hi bon
I am doing okay today, thanks, feeling better each day, a bit of pain, but meds make me feel worse , so I go without.
the relief of having this done and over with is huge for me. Sounds like things do wax and wane for a lot of the folks on this site, so I am prepared for similar response.
I am grateful for this site, looked at it a lot while I was in the mulling phase of things, lots of encouragement to be found, so I plan to hang out and pay back so to speak. I hope to be a source of encouragement to someone.
I have been much blessed with my DH and many friends and family support.
God is good.
hope everyone is taking things easy, you only get one shot at a good recovery, too much too early = adhesions in the years to come.
reminding you all, so I can remind myself at the same time.
have a great day
L
Unread 01-30-2008, 10:15 AM
New Freedoms

Well Everyone,

It sounds like we all have reason to be of good cheer. Each day we get a little bit more freedom between naps.

Yesterday I could not nap, just could not sleep but did rest, so last night was my worst swelly belly to date. I did get everyone in the house prior to the "blizzard" that came through. I would not let one go to dance because I was not sure how to get her home. I did not want to drive in "blizzard" with pillow and risk a thing. We had a great evening on the couch watching TV and eating pizza.

DH was at his last night class and even he came home early.

I don't think I could have the done the foley for 2 weeks, you are the women

I have to admit today the sheets got to me, so my day long project is to change the sheets. I am moving very slow and do a little bit, then rest. I did make the DD use the vacuum.
I am also being better about using my swelly belly band today.

ok it is now nap time.

kj

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register