Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 46 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 01-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiberbear
gladitsover08 - Your surgery was more than you think. Rest up and get quiet and think over things. Don't give notice if you really like your job over all, these people just don't understand. State clearly what you are and are not able to do. Say that you will be able to work part time and take care of A, B, C, but X, Y, Z could and should be done by Jane....If that is not good enough for them, then too bad. They cannot MAKE you do more than you are capable of.
I love this advice! You go girl! I have to say, I started half days on Monday. I did not work on Tuesday because I had my post-op which would take 2 hours. Instead, I went to the mall for a 30 minute trip. Mainly more granny panties, so I do not have to wash clothes so often and a couple of long shirts so I can undo my pants at work when my swelly belly starts up. Well, when I was at the mall, I ran into a co-worker. She stated, oh so, you are not home resting when you should be...

Can I say I am getting sick of that? I cannot have a good moment without people thinking that I am 'all better' and just milking this. It irks me. Even my DD thinks I am good to go because I am getting dressed and cooking dinner, etc. She is even a little resentful that I have been spoiled and not had to go to work but I think that is just her age.

Rant! Sorry...

I think hiberbear has a point. We need not do more than we feel is good for our recovery right now. It is just not worth it.

One more thing...I have realized now how much we use our abdominal muscles for sneezing, coughing, laughing but sadly, I realized that sobbing works it out too. I have seen some of our other sisters with some emotions and would like to share a . I know how it feels now. Almost uncontrollable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2008, 05:09 PM

Becky - I can't imagine how hard it would be to miss your sons BT graduation. Will his fiance' video tape it for you? Maybe this is a dumb idea, but maybe she could call on her cell phone about the time they call his name and just let you possibly hear them call his name. We did this at my daughters graduation from high school. My sister couldn't be at the ceremony that day. We used the cell and let her listen. I'm not sure if she could exactly hear her name but told us she felt more a part of the big day.
Anyway, I'm thinking of you and praying you God grants you peace.
Unread 01-30-2008, 05:09 PM
My First Solo Outing

Hey there sisters!!!

So, I took my first outing today (other than an emergency trip to the and my 2 week post-op). I have been in the house since I had surgery. So here I am, 19 days later and I have to tell you I felt liberated!!!

I have been sitting in the house going nuts about not being able to get out. Why? Not like most of you. It wasn't cabin fever. It was a SALE!!!! A going out of business sale. I am a scrapbooker/paper crafter and one of my favorite stores is closing (nation-wide closing). Everything is 90% off. Do you realize how crazy I was going? I got up this morning on a mission. Who cares that it took me 2 1/2 hours to shower - dress - and eat (needed to take meds)

Climb up into my truck and headed out. There are 2 stores in Maryland and I HAD to go to both of them. It didn't matter that I logged 150 miles doing so. The SALE was worth it!!!!

And now, I AM PAYING FOR IT. I KNEW that I was going to be in pain - so I took my Naproxen before I left. I had a little talk with GOD about my NEED to go. And then I was off. I came home and slept for 2 hours. My plans for tomorrow have changed.

I'm still as happy as I can be. Sore, but happy.

Well, off to get some more meds. Blessings on all my sisters ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2008, 05:12 PM

Renee -

Was it Recollections? I know ours is going out of business and I need to get there too! Just a couple of days left. I will miss that store.

Congrats on the outing but take it easy this evening. Get any good stuff at the sale?
Unread 01-30-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bon ME
Becky - I can't imagine how hard it would be to miss your sons BT graduation. Will his fiance' video tape it for you? Maybe this is a dumb idea, but maybe she could call on her cell phone about the time they call his name and just let you possibly hear them call his name. We did this at my daughters graduation from high school. My sister couldn't be at the ceremony that day. We used the cell and let her listen. I'm not sure if she could exactly hear her name but told us she felt more a part of the big day.
Anyway, I'm thinking of you and praying you God grants you peace.
Thank you for your kind words. I have been a wreck all evening. I think that is a good idea. I will see if she can call during the ceremony. Our deal before she left today was since I could not fit in her suitcase, that she would make sure they called after the ceremony so I can congratulate him.

One thing we have to look forward to is his Airborne graduation. My husband will be spending jump week with him and will jump into the graduation with his son! How amazing!

I am feeling a lot better now. Still a little sad and will no doubt be sad tomorrow when he gets his infantry badge and blue cord and on Friday when he actually graduates.

Thanks again! You are so sweet.
Unread 01-30-2008, 05:20 PM

I have a confession. I just changed my signature from 1/11/07 to 1/11/08. Took me a month to realize that I was still living in 2007! haha
Unread 01-30-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysterscared35
Renee -

Was it Recollections? I know ours is going out of business and I need to get there too! Just a couple of days left. I will miss that store.

Congrats on the outing but take it easy this evening. Get any good stuff at the sale?

Yes, it is. They are closing all of the stores. We have 2 as I mentioned. One basically had paper, card making supplies, and ribbon. The other one - had everything - stamps, punches, albums, stickers, embellishments, you name it. I had a ball!!!!
Unread 01-30-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHrey
Yes, it is. They are closing all of the stores. We have 2 as I mentioned. One basically had paper, card making supplies, and ribbon. The other one - had everything - stamps, punches, albums, stickers, embellishments, you name it. I had a ball!!!!
Okay, guess I know where my next shopping trip might be!
Unread 01-30-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysterscared35
Okay, guess I know where my next shopping trip might be!
Have a great time. I did. I know that I will take it easy tomorrow. It was good today though. I have been making my thank you cards since I was stuck in the house so long. This was a chance to get some other envelopes and cardstock, etc.
Unread 01-30-2008, 06:41 PM

Hello Ladies,

Becky: on your son's graduation, congrates to you and your family for raising a great kid. Have them call you so you can hear it. As to your dates, heck did not even notice so what does that say about the rest of us. Just glad you are part of the group.

Renee: Yeah on your first trip out of the house and in the car. Now just make sure you rest lots. Then you can organize all the stuff you got.

I may have to get out my scrape stuff, but I have to have a kid put it on the table for me, it is just to heavy for me to lift.

As to all of those who do not understand about long term healing. My current line is well the outside is looking good, but I am still working on the inside stitches. I also talk about doing one or two things and then needing a nap. Then I continue with the conversation.

I have one stitch on my right side that was put in incase they needed to go back in. It is driving me nuts. It is catching on things, and when I shower I can just feel it as I wash my tummy gently. When is this thing going to drop off. Anyone else have an escape stitch driving them crazy.

Keep celebrating the small stuff.

KJ (Kay)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register