Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 52 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 02-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

purplefreak,

Thank you for your response. I was hoping it was normal! Recovery seems to be moving at a snails pace.

On the bright side, the temperature is forecasted to be in the lower 70's in Central Georgia tomorrow! Can't wait until spring!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 09:15 AM

Hi Renee,

My doctor said that my uteris was weighed in at just under 3 pounds and was the size of a 15 week pregnancy. So yours was probably somewhere in that neighborhood. Boy I sure can feel the difference afterward! My stomach hasn't been this flat in years!
Unread 02-02-2008, 09:29 AM

HRHrey--I remember someone mentioning that a normal uterus is 600 grams. So yeah, that's big.

Purplefreak and Gladitsover--My post-op instructions were that spotting is normal until about 3 weeks. What my doctor told me is that unless you are bleeding heavily, not to worry about it. It might be worth a call to your doctor to ease your mind.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriannemalone
My stomach hasn't been this flat in years!
I know what you mean. I looked in the mirror and could not believe that I was looking at my stomach. I really hadn't realized that mine had gotten sooooooooo big.
Unread 02-02-2008, 09:48 AM

Vetnurse:

Happy birthday!

I am still having sometimes whitish and sometimes pink discharge. The doc told me at my 2 week checkup that the vagina is a wet area and things take longer to heal in there. I also had a retrocele repair ( stitches between the rectum and the vagina) so I have extra stitches in there. Seems to be more pink stuff after a BM. I'm going for another checkup this week but am not too worried about this since it hasn't changed much (except to lessen) and he's not concerned. Just a bit gross, but what else is new?

Glad to have a whole bunch of new friends who are not repulsed or bored with all my little physical details. Don't know what I'd do without you all to run all this stuff by...

Sarah
Unread 02-02-2008, 09:51 AM

My dr never mentioned the size of my uterus so I assume it was normal size. My issues were a little different. The heavy bleeding and abnormal cycles were what drove me crazy. I actually almost decided not to have surgery because they started getting more regular after we attempted Novasure(endo ablation) which did not work. The dr told me I had to dilate to 7 cm for the equipment to go in and he could not dilate me past 6. My cervix tore in three spots. This explains why I had 3 c-sections since I never dilated past 2 cm even after 30 hrs labor!! I am glad I had the surgery since I had adhesions everywhere. He said this was the worst scarring he had seen. My bladder was stuck to my uterus which was stuck to the abdominal wall! He took my cervix as well but I have not had any spotting. For those that are spotting is this the time of what would be your normal cycle? Just a thought. I hope everyone is feeling better soon!
Unread 02-02-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHrey
I know what you mean. I looked in the mirror and could not believe that I was looking at my stomach. I really hadn't realized that mine had gotten sooooooooo big.
Isn't that weird???? I've lost and gained weight over the years and whenever I'd lose weight my stomach never seemed to go down. I just chalked it up to getting older and figured that was the reason I couldn't lose the belly. Go figure!
Unread 02-02-2008, 11:39 AM

Hello All!
Just a quick note - normal uterus size is actually 60-100 g so sounds like there have been some BIG uteruses here...LOL. Renee yours definitely qualifies as atleast 16 week uterus - mine was 10-12 week size at 300g!
Unread 02-02-2008, 11:47 AM

sgreenarch thanks for the happy bday,
its nice and sunny in las vegas today, but cold, hope everyone is doing and healing good.
Unread 02-02-2008, 11:51 AM

roller 1990,

I honestly can't say when my normal cycle was. I hit menopause at 38 years old...ten years ago, so its been quite awhile.

I may have some vaginal cuff stitches that are dissolving. Boy, is this a "new phase" or life or what???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register