Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 53 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 02-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyctrn
Hello All!
Just a quick note - normal uterus size is actually 60-100 g so sounds like there have been some BIG uteruses here...LOL. Renee yours definitely qualifies as atleast 16 week uterus - mine was 10-12 week size at 300g!
Well,you certainly put that into perspective. Can I just say that I am even happier now that I had this suregery. I know that I am far better off having that removed. I have thought that this surgery was amazing, but I am now floored. I had a TAH and the incision is a bikini cut. I guess that qualifies my for sainthood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 12:26 PM

Renee:

Also a quick note regarding size.

I had a fibroid that grew steadily larger over the years. It was even present, though small, during my pregnancy with my youngest, who is now 10. Over the past four years the rate of growth quickened and it almost quadrupled in size. Post-op the doc told me the uterus with fibroid was the size of a four month pregnancy. The thing that tipped me over the edge, convincing me to do the surgery, was that the uterus began to really press on the bladder and urethra. I went from having to pee constantly to suddenly at times not being able to pee and that's really scary and uncomfortable. I'd have to shift position on the toilet and wait, even though I had to go badly. My gyn said that the next step would be hospitalization for urinary retention. Started to worry about kidney damage. As if the heavy bleeding and cramps each month weren't enough, this was the last straw. And now I am, for the first time in years, lasting up to four hours without peeing. That may not sound like much, but for me, it's heaven and already worth the surgery, all my complaints about recovery notwithstanding.

So we have to hang in there. Most women who've had this operation a while ago, and are past what we're going through, say it's one of the best things they've ever done. It's not easy, but we'll get there, ladies.

Sarah
TAH and retrocele repair, 1/13/08
Unread 02-02-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgreenarch
I had a fibroid that grew steadily larger over the years. It was even present, though small, during my pregnancy with my youngest, who is now 10. Over the past four years the rate of growth quickened and it almost quadrupled in size.

Sarah
TAH and retrocele repair, 1/13/08
I am just amazed at how quickly they can grow. I started with something the size of a grape. That was about 4 years ago. 2 years ago it was the size of a lemon. On January 11th, I think it needed to get a job to support itself.

I didn't have pain like a lot of sisters, but I had crazy heavy bleeding. I have to tell you, that I am so used to wearing 2 overnight pads at a time (all the time), last night was the first time that I didn't wear one. I have had no bleeding since suregery, but old habits .... I was getting ready for bed and thought, why am I still wearing these.

I'm just thrilled. By the time I went to have surgery, I was sure that I must be a part owner of Always. New life is GREAT!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 12:45 PM

sgreenarch,

I agree with you. My uterus may not have been enlarged but I had my own problems. I had adhesions and never realized how much they affected me until after surgery. I am overweight and just assumed my back pain that was increasing over the last 2 yrs was due to that. Whenever I would do dishes I would have to take a break(I do not have a dishwasher - yet!) due to the extreme back pain when I would stand at the sink. Since my surgery I have noticed a huge improvement! Definitely worth everything I had to go through!! BTW - I had an added bonus. The medicine that made me nauseous also let me lose 15 lbs since surgery!! Let's hope I can keep it up now that I am off the meds.
Unread 02-02-2008, 01:05 PM

Way to go roller! Yeah, the weight loss certainly has been a positive thing! At 2 weeks post op I had lost 12 pounds. Weight loss has pretty much stopped now that my appetite has returned, but I haven't gained anything back this last week. I'm being pretty careful about what I eat. I don't really want to lose any more, but I'll gladly keep those 12 pounds off if I can!
Unread 02-02-2008, 01:24 PM

I also lost about 8 lbs. (YAY!!!) Now I am working to keep it off. It's not easy since no exercise is allowed until 6 weeks. And my appetite is back, of course.
Unread 02-02-2008, 02:21 PM
still tender

I have also lost about 8lbs since surgery. The only thing my doctor told me was that my uterus was enlarged. I know there was a fibroid but don't think it was very big.
Most of my pain is gone, just some twinges here and there. But although my belly isn't as big as it was, it is still very tender. I have been wearing my hubby's sweat pants because they are loose fitting. I already had granny panties (I AM a granny after all!) but they feel tight, too. I plan on going to church tomorrow for the first time since my op. But I don't know what I am going to wear. I really don't want to go in sweats!!
I am so glad I found this site. I went into surgery pretty much blind to what was about to happen to me. Wish I had found you all pre-op!
Unread 02-02-2008, 02:35 PM
hi girls

Hi

first time out tonite ....going to a formal event... My hair needs a haircut badly...oohhhhh. I hope I can squeeze into a dress i have and can have some cocktails with my DH at the party and will I hang in there past 10 pm? (loser?) recovery going good .....i'll try to be a better sister and post to all ... A healthy recovery to each and everyone of you....
Unread 02-02-2008, 03:29 PM

Good luck to you Flub! I hope you have a great time out tonight. Have a cocktail for me!

My DH has been stuck home with me for the past 3 weeks and I know he's been itching to go out somewhere. Last night he got a call from a friend to come out and see a local band that we know. Man, I wanted to go so bad. But by the time 8:00 or 9:00 comes around, I am just exhausted. I almost gave in to the urge and went, but at the last minute I decided it probably wasn't such a great idea. I would have tired out and somebody would have had to run me home. So I stayed in. But hubby got to go out for a while and kick his heals up for the first time in a long time. I was glad for him, but jealous at the same time! Things are going well though, so I don't think it'll be much longer before I'm able to get a little social again!
Unread 02-02-2008, 04:03 PM

Jazzyctrn--thanks for clearing that up about uterus size. (So much for what's left of my so-called memory!) Mine was enlarged, too, although I don't know how much. I have lost about 8 lbs also...that must be the magic number! But of course my appetite has come back with a vengeance. I go for my 4-wk post-op check next Wednesday, and I plan to ask him about starting up with pilates again. I need to lose about 15 more lbs and I will be satisfied with my weight.

Our weather in Southern Indiana is much better today. Not quite as cold and the sun has been shining all day. I promised DS I would take him and his sister to a teen ministry event tonight, so we will be out late...hope I'm up for it! I'd rather stay home and go to bed early than listen to screaming kids and loud music, but it's been a long time since I've been able to indulge him. (And thank God it's something uplifting and positive that he wants to do.) I'm enjoying getting back into being a mom again! It's so much fun with the ages they are (10 and 12).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register