Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 54 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 02-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Hello to all sisters

Hi!
haven't posted for a while (probably explains why no one has written to me) SOO many posts from all of you which is great. It is so nice to communicate with others going through this at the same time. lets hope the good days outnumber the bad ones real soon. I see a pattern of weight loss among us. I weighed myself right after the surgery and had instantly loss 10 lbs. Uteruses must weigh alot, because I wasn't dieting at all pre surg. and eating like crazy over x-mas holidays. maybe I should have more parts removed for easy weight loss LOL.
Maybe this is silly, but I was wondering (for all of us ladies that kept their ovaries) Does anybody know what they are now attached to now that the uterus is gone?? I must try to remember (even though memory has been bad for a while - hormones??) to ask my Dr. when I see her. Hope we continue on our paths to feeling better. Hope to hear from someone soon.

Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 06:03 PM
I dont feel any better. this normal?bed:

Hi sisters!!
I had my TAH done on Jan 11-08. My story gets a little complicated cause after my doc closed me up he did not realize I was bleeding internaly. I also had a morphine pump that was not ready yet at recovery so..... those were 2 or 3 very painfull hours. Next day I was in bed with almost no color and not responding to people. The nurse called the doc and he realized I almost had no pulse and had lost a large amount of blood. They took my morphine drip and I had 5 pints of God knows who's blood transfused to me.

They inserted the catherer again after already removing it ( imagin how much fun that was )

I ended up staying at the hospital for 5 days. MY recovery has been very hard. Im still having a lot of problems with gas and stool softeners. Is this comon? I walk like a hunchback all day and have no energy at all! The only reason I sleep is because I take ambien. I feel miserable and its been almost 3 weeks. help!!!!!

PS. My husband does not understand me. he says I whine to much!
Unread 02-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Dear Arrolle:

Your story sounds really hard. I think that kind of blood loss can really tire you out and must be making your energy lag. I don't blame you. Tell hubby the hystersisters are same whiny. This recovery is harder than I anticipated, too.

For the energy, can you at least take an iron multivitamin? (although be careful, because iron can cause constipation.) Certain foods are also high in iron, like egg yolks, red meat, dried fruit and green leafy veggies. I had a lot of problems with constipation and hemorrhoids post op. I found that drinking a lot, lots of fruits and vegetables, mineral oil and fiber tablets got things back to working. Also, most important, yoghurt with live cultures after all those antibiotics. This has worked for me, and I am also 3 weeks post op. One more thing is that the doctor told me that some of the pain killers can cause stomach problems. I don't know much about Ambien, but ask about it in regards to the stomach problems? You can also read backwards on this thread. Some of the ladies had some other good solutions for gas.

This isn't easy, but hang in.

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Really sore breasts

Sorry about posting again so quickly but I have a question for everyone.

Wacky unexptected symptom #941:

Anyone else have very sore breasts and nipples? (for 5 days already, feels sore like they felt during pregnancy.)

I kept my ovaries, and thought this might be ovulation or PMS (who knows now that there's no bleeding?) but this has gone on longer than any PMS. This came on at about the same time that I got irritable (big surprise!) It's not the worst thing in the world but it is weird and annoying. Wonder if anyone else is experiencing this and what it may mean.

Thanks,
Sarah
TAH, retrocele repair 1/13/08
Unread 02-03-2008, 12:48 AM

I wanted to post about a milestone, but I gotta say that I feel a little guilty about it because so many of my sisters out there seem to be feeling not so good. But here goes. DH had to work today, so I had the day to myself - I was up and around alot - did the dishes, picked up around the house and played with Bob and Paige (our fat cat and golden retriever). I took a nap late in the afternooon, and when DH came home, he asked if I felt up to going out for dinner. I haven't gone anywhere for 3 weeks and really felt like I wanted to get out, so at around 8:30 we went out for a really great meal. I had 2 glasses of wine and we listened to a great jazz band and just had a great time. I got a nice buzz (I've turned into a total lightweight!) but by about 10:30 I was ready to go. I'm a little sore, and I may pay for it tomorrow, but I sure had a great time. It's amazing how exhausted I am from just being out and sitting up straight for a couple of hours, but I really think it was worth it. My attitude is so much better just from having gotten out of the house for a bit. To my sisters with two or three weeks under their belts - give it a try if you feel up to it - it just might do you good to get out and socialize a bit! I think we might all get kind of sucked into our own solitary recuperation and forget that there is a whole world out there waiting for us to re-emerge! I had fun!

I'm completely exhausted now though, but it was soooo worth it!

Sleep well my sisters,
Lorianne
Unread 02-03-2008, 08:02 AM

arrolle - I might suggest you call your doctor. After the complications you have had your recovery will take longer.............do not let your husband or anyone else tell you differently. I had an emergency appendetomy 5 years ago (I was 12 weeks pregnant). I became full of infection (septic) two days after the procedure. I spent 10 days in the hospital trying to save my life. When I did go home, it took weeks to finally get to the point I could where I could go to the store for a simple quick outing. My recovery compared to those who had this same procedure was completely different. Your recovery will be slower than "normal". HOWEVER, HOW GLAD WE ARE THAT YOU ARE WITH US. Hang in there - remember --This too shall pass. Before you know it you will be feeling much better.........However, I would call your doctor and tell him/her about the your symptoms (sp?). He should know how you are doing and may be able to help. Hugs to you.
Unread 02-03-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgreenarch
Renee:

The thing that tipped me over the edge, convincing me to do the surgery, was that the uterus began to really press on the bladder and urethra. I went from having to pee constantly to suddenly at times not being able to pee and that's really scary and uncomfortable. I'd have to shift position on the toilet and wait, even though I had to go badly.
Sarah
TAH and retrocele repair, 1/13/08

That's very interesting, you're the first I've found with the same problem I was having - I would have to press down on my bladder with my hands and "squeeze" the urine out, particularly when my bladder was very full, and yes, that was a bit scary. Didn't really have frequent urination, just difficulty. Isn't it such a relief to have the plumbing working again!
Unread 02-03-2008, 09:18 AM

saltydawgs and sgreenarch

Isn't it amazing how we can find sisters who share common symptoms? I'm glad to know that life is improving for all.

Blessings on you ....
Unread 02-03-2008, 09:53 AM

I also had a transfusion of 3 pints of blood and I agree it was a scary deal as I was flat out fading in and out. This complication adds to the recovery time.

Anyway here's good news I went to the formal event and squeezed into a cocktail dress and had a great time on my first outing.
Today I am going to a superbowl party in my neighborhood...just staying for the first half . Hugs to all...
Unread 02-03-2008, 12:22 PM

Yes I have had sore breasts, especially the one that I have a lump in (it is a calcium deposit build up around scare tissue from a prior reduction surgery). I think it is due to the hormone fluctuation. I got this type of soreness usually one or two days a month prior to my TVH and it was usually around the time of ovulation. I think it is completely normal and will probably last until your ovaries kick back in.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register