Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 66 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 02-10-2008, 12:49 AM
too early

s.klay - I woke up at 2am after a having a bad dream. I couldn't go back to sleep so here I am. My hubby started working 11pm - 7am shift this past week so I am still trying to get used to being home alone at night. I had to get up and check the locks because I went to bed before he left last night. But he had even locked the dead bolt for me. I wasn't sure he would so that makes me feel better.
sunnyca - another possibility for your "spell" that you had could have been a drop in your blood sugar. I have had spells like that before when mine was low. Especially since you said you felt better after you had a snack. If you are like me my eating habits have been a little off kilter. just a thought. I agree, tho, that you did the right thing in calling your mom. You shouldn't be embarrassed about that. It would have been worse if you had driven on and had an accident or something.
I went to a wedding yesterday and drove myself for the first time. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. One problem was that I was sitting too upright. I couldn't get the seat to lean back any because the handle was jammed. By the time I got there my side was hurting. The wedding didn't last long but the wait for the wedding party to get pictures taken seemed forever. By then my swelly belly was coming back and my panty hose were choking me. I wound up leaving before they ever got there. I hated to leave but I was afraid that I would get to where I couldn't drive back home. I think part of it was just me panicking but that was all I could think of and it was ruining my good time, anyway. I'll be glad, too when this constant thinking of my body is a thing of the past.
I was exhausted by the time I got home and spent the rest of the afternoon and most of the evening in the recliner with my heating pad. Maybe that's why I can't sleep now.
I really want to go to Sunday School tomorrow. It has been too long. I will have to drive myself again and I am not looking forward to that. I hate being such a wimp.
Thankfully, I do not have a job to return to like some of you. Not a career type job anyway. I do alterations for friends and family but mostly I just take care of DH. That can be a full time job sometimes!! He is very patient with me, though, and not pushing for me to "get back to work". I think after 34 years of marriage he knows if I'm faking it or not!!
Okay, I feel better now. Maybe I can go back to sleep.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2008, 05:55 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefreak
I wound up leaving before they ever got there. I hated to leave but I was afraid that I would get to where I couldn't drive back home.
You did the right thing. No point in pushing yourself past what is reasonable.

Our minds are willing, but our bodies don't always want to cooperate.

Blessings on you ....
Unread 02-10-2008, 06:09 AM

Yes... Excercise should help us get a little strength .. I live in t
Fl and plan to go on a nice beach walk maybe a mile? If i can make it.

Congrats to those returning to their careers-you are my heroes. I took a leave of absence and trained a new young person to take my job as marketing director. I plan to take some to take some more time off to heal and maybe return as a part time employee this summer...my 3rd child is 16 and she loves having me home ... Dh does too!

Enjoy your Sunday kick back and relax!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2008, 06:55 AM

Flub,
I agree. I had a flash the other night when my hubby took me out to eat. I have been out only three times since surgery. I have not driven yet because of the dizzyness. I am afraid I will crash. I feel light headed a lot. I am however, trying to do a lot of walking and some little things around the house. (Not like anyone else is going to do them.) I got the sweeper out the other day and threatened to run it.

Question to everyone!

Does anyone else's discharge have an ODOR. It almost makes me vomit. Seriously. Smells like well..... poo-poo...
Unread 02-10-2008, 07:29 AM

Does anyone else's discharge have an ODOR. It almost makes me vomit. Seriously. Smells like well..... poo-poo...

Flub:

I've had this nonstop discharge starting back at week 2 (operation on 1/13) that is pinkish and smelly. (Read back a few posts for a totally disgusting description.) Dr. says that it is the body reacting to the stitches from the hysterectomy and the retocele repair. Last Tuesday he gave me antibiotic cream for this which I seem to be too inept to apply without stabbing myself and causing fresh red bleeding. I'm waiting until that subsides before trying again with the cream. Fun fun fun! (Have you told your Dr. about this? Maybe you should. They told me to be alert for any changes, such as heavier discharge, heavy red bleeding or fever, but they still prescribed the antibiotic cream.)

Just another adventure. Hang in, (but call your Dr.)

Sarah
Unread 02-10-2008, 07:31 AM

Good Morning Flub Vetnurse and Engineerb!

it sounds like a lot of us are having the swelling, tenderness and sensitivity in our bellies. For me, it is the most irritating issue at this point. I had a TAH on 1/9 and really, I feel pretty good by this point and went back to work last week on Wednesday (I work from home, so not as big of a deal as working in an office, etc. I can rest when I need to). But, I still have issues with wearing regular pants and regular underwear. It seems like in the morning...all is well, but around late afternoon, I can't wait to put on sweatpants or roll them down off of my abdomen!

My MD said at the 4-week check up that I was good to go as far as exercise, sex, etc. But, I have only started a few mild crunches. She (my MD) also told me that the swelling was mostly fluids in the tissues, as the lymphatics and vessels were cut and would just take time to resolve. She said that as I became more active that would help it to resolve.

I am not patient though, I guess. I just want to get back into all of my regular pants and I am sick of elastic waist clothing!

Have any of you had any luck with decreasing any of the swelling with heat or ice. Just wondering...

P.S. Flub, I also live in Florida...on the southwest coast. It does help with becoming active and walking when the weather is warm!

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday...it is beautiful here in FL!
Unread 02-10-2008, 07:44 AM
One step forward, two steps back

I had my LAVH Jan. 7. Stayed off work for the first two weeks, worked from home on week 3 and went back half days on week 4. This week, I worked about 8 hours a day and I'm paying for it this weekend. Totally wiped out!

Overall, pain has been very minimal and I've actually not been overly tired at all. (only napped the first two days after surgery).

However, this Wednesday after working about 6 hours and driving 60 miles, I had terrible, sharp pains near where the laproscope was placed (just below my belly button). They were excruciating! Every time I stepped down with my right foot, I got a shot of pain.

Has anyone else had a similar experiece? I took 4 Ibuprofen and after about 2 hours, I was able to walk again and went straight to bed at 6 p.m.

I hadn't been back on this site since surgery, but will try to get on more often and will keep you all in my prayers.

-Ann
Unread 02-10-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.klay
Its late here but I seem to have a hard time sleeping at night or I fall right to sleep and then wake up at 2am and I cant fall back to sleep for a few hours. Any one else, I drink caffine in the morning and thats it. I have always been someone that falls into bed and straight to sleep.
Sunnyca, glad you are feeling better I know every ache and pain I get, headach, dizzy spell I think is this from my surgery is this a side effect is this a hormone thing is this.....I do look forward to when our sugery is the furthest thing from my mind...but until then it helps us listen to our bodies and slow down when we need to slow down.
yesterday I went to the doctors in the morning, had a friend over for a visit, went out to dinner with the family and then a trip to the mall. I came home and fell into bed. Today I took it easy all day but woke up with a lot of dicomfort in my back and this evening I have felt crampy as if my period was here. Sunday will be a day fo rest for me church and then home.
Flub and dschuman69 I like the idea of a glass of wine, that might help me fall asleep.
Hope you all have a restful weekend. Take care

I have also had sleeping problems. I can go to sleep, but wake up at 2, 3 or 4 a.m. Sarah suggested dramamine, which is the sleeping ingredient in tylenol or advil pm. So I've tried that and it works. I try not to take it every night, but If I am feeling tired or didn't get a good night's rest the previous night, I don't feel guilty about taking it. Another idea is an herbal remedy called Knock Out! A funny name I know, but it has melatonin in it and it also helps me sleep.
Hope this helps. We all need our rest to continue the healing process.
Have a blessed day everyone! You all are in my prayers!
Lenore
Unread 02-10-2008, 12:43 PM

Hi everyone!

It sounds like everyone is progressing forward well with a few reminders to help us remember that we are still healing. I had grand thoughts of getting on the treadmill and walking 30 minutes every day, but my foot that I hurt when rolling my ankle the night before Thanksgiving had reminded me that I shouldn't push myself too hard as it started hurting again. My DH even told me that I was pushing myself too hard. So I need to wait for my foot to heal (ankle circles to stretch do help.)

I am really sensitive about my incision area (vertical) and it can hurt if I brush up against the sink when doing dishes or if DH hugs me too hard. I resigned myself to the fact that my new pants look like tents (khaki types with pleats and comfort waist in the back) but when I sit, nothing binds at all. I do need comfort when I sit when I go back to work on the 18th. Oh well, there will be time to gain a figure back, they don't need me at work for my shape!

One week left to be "off", my DD asked if there is any other surgery I can have, to keep me home longer! She is rather enjoying it. DH is enjoying it too. My DD wants to have the dr state that I need a few more weeks off when I go for my appt on 2/14.

Take care everyone, I will try to get on at least weekly after I go to work to see how everyone's doing.

hiberbear
Unread 02-10-2008, 01:11 PM

KJUNCUTIE -Lenore-
thanks for the advice. I am going out for a little while today and will look for the Knock Out at our local herbal health food store. I slept ok last night, between my dog having the runs and my 11 year old waking up with a "bad dream" I slept for about 6 hours total. I am getting ready now to take a nap. I made it to church today and the swelly belly started afterwards.

Anns I had a TAH and the pain thing is crazy this last few weeks some days hardly anything and other days I would swear I still had my ovaries and uterus because I have cramps as bad as I did when ever I had my periods!

DA Sunny FLA What I wouldn'd do to wear my favorite Jeans! I am wearing sweats or elastic waist skirts. I had just lost weight before the surgery I actully weigh a little less now but I am so swollen. I am starting to walk at the local shopping center in tha AM before the stores open. I hope that starts to help this swelling go away, I just keep reminding myself we had major surgery I dont even want to think about how much pulling, tugging etc they did to my belly. I give my surgeons a hard time one of them had to have been rougher on me because my left side still aches the most.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register