Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 68 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 02-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Flub,

I am sorry you have had to go through more stuff. I will pray that this is the end of our ordeals. I do have to day that I am having a great day. Of course my DH letting me nap for almost 4 hrs might have something to do with that. I hope everyone starts to have all good days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2008, 03:18 PM

beautispirit- welcome! I hope that you have a speedy recovery. So glad you had a good surgeon. I have visited St. Louis many times. I live in Louisville but originally from Kansas City. St. Louis is the half-way point when we travel home. My daughter lives in Springfield in southwest mo. We have good friends that we were stationed with in the Air Force that live in St. Louis, too. So it is a special place to us. Again, welcome aboard.

We are getting snow here in Louisville already. DH and I went out this morning so that I could get some exercise before the bad weather settles in. We went to the mall and walked around. Then to Sam's. It was so good to get out and felt really good to stretch my legs. I've been having some lower back pain from too much sitting and laying around. This was really good for me. My tummy is a little tender now but not too bad.

screenarch- so glad you were able to get out for some fun. I bet you were a knock-out in your little black dress. Way to go!!

songlady- I feel for you having to go back to cleaning houses. I cleaned my small bathroom this morning for the first time since surgery. WOW! Who thought something so easy before would wear me out now. Please take it easy. I hope the vacuuming isn't too much for you. I understand that sometimes we have to do what we have to do whether we feel like it or not. I will be praying for you.

sorry if I missed anyone. Love and prayers to you all!!!
Unread 02-11-2008, 04:25 PM

SunnyCA

I have little spells like this as well...dizzy, really warm etc. I just went back to work today and I've been a bit lightheaded all evening.

I kept my ovaries as well and I suspect they aren't working at full capacity consistently yet. I have a post op next week and I will ask then!

I feel good other than having these "personal summers" and dizziness.

Very tired tonight though and I guess we are getting another 12 inches of snow tomorrow into Wednesday. Glad I hired a plow guy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2008, 06:02 PM

Well hello sisters its been a while since I have been able to post, darn dial-up. But anyways I wanted to give yawl an up date. I started back to work about three weeks sooner than what I thought I would. I went to my doctor at three weeks post-op and had some great news. My doctor said he had never seen someone heal as fast as I have. I still have a 25 lbs weight limit, and I dont lift patients at my job anyways. He told me I could go back to work if I wanted, just to not push myself to hard. He also released me to do other things if you get my drift....woohoo. The first week post op was so hard for me. And week two I was so light headed all the time. The doc thinks that the tumor I had was so large it may have been cutting off some blood flow and my body had to get use to having good blood flow. I will be six weeks post-op next tuesday, and my weight limit gos up to 45 lbs. Two weeks after that no limit. I am just so happy that every thing has gone so well for me. I hope that all of you are doing well. And for those of you that things are not going so well. Just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.Oh one more note I feel better now than I have for a year. God truly does work in mysterious ways.
Unread 02-11-2008, 06:54 PM

You are one of many, count this as a BLESSING
Unread 02-11-2008, 07:32 PM

Hi everyone

I haven't posted any updates here in a while, so I thought that I should jump in and give an update.

I figured out that I needed to do more during the day so that small errands don't completely wear me out!!!

So, I went to see a couple of advance movie screenings last week - Fool's Gold and Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins. Both movies were good (once you get past the bad language in WHRJ) and I ate without having indigestion. You have no idea how big a deal that is for me. You see, prior to those movies, I had no idea that my indigestion was being caused by the uninvited guest in my uterus . After reading some other posts and thinking about the fact that I didn't follow the movie with a 1/2 bottle of TUMS lets me know I may be on to something.

It was nice to get out and not think about recovery/surgery/meds. I haven't been taking a lot of meds - actually none. But I am not sure whether that is because I had been limiting my activity or not. I decided that I would give the a spin. Ok, that was totally different then taking a tour of the house or even a around my neighborhood. I think it is what I need though. I feel better and am thinking that I will increase my energy level.

Today was busy. I went and got me hair done - YAY. What a difference a trip to the hairstylist makes. Now I look like myself again. Then 8YO God-daughter had an orthodontist appointment today and that is our time together (I take care of all the medical and school stuff). It was great to be out with her and she was happy that I was able to drive and not miss "our" appointment. Ortho appointment is always followed up with a trip to the Golden Arches!!! It's funny because all the ortho kids come there and they sit and eat together. Strange, but it works. Highlight for her (and them), not me - but even I enjoyed that today. I ate chicken nuggets (not something that I would normally do - I'm a Quarter Pounder kinda girl). .

Prayerfully tomorrow will be just as good. I'm gonna get out and vote and then try the mall - look out stores. There is a whole lot of ing to catch up on. I'm also trying to get prepared to go back to work. I'm less than 2 weeks away.

Blessings on all my sisters ....
Unread 02-11-2008, 10:11 PM

Thanks cs03820! It's nice to know someone else has had the same experience! I probably could have driven home, but I think I 'freaked myself out" into thinking it was something worse! I am going back tomorrow and, thankfully, haven't had another episode. Hopefully, all will go well! Am doing my best to avoid catching the flu that my two kids seem to be trading off having! I'm ready for spring and flu season to end! Take care, sisters! Happy continued healing!
Unread 02-11-2008, 10:51 PM

Ventured out today and joined our local malls "walking program" Walked for about 30 minutes and that was enough, ran by my work to try on the new spring fashions (HRHey -I to had some shoppping to make up for) and after that I was done, I came home had a snack and started a 1000 piece puzzle. I am not as tired as I thought I would be tonight, and if I am not to sore tomarrow I will try another 25-30 minute walk at the mall. We may get 3 inches of snow tonight what I wouldn't do to walk outdoors.

sunnyca we have been trading the flu around at our home ever since I returned home from surgery so I feel your pain. I dont knowwhere you are in CA but I was raised in Orange County a town called Yorba Linda. I have 2 weeks off work still and I was begging my parents to fly me home, to much to take care of here at home in Illinois so that wont happpen,

I am ready to start a routine again, I just need to make sure I leave room for naps. The well wishers have slowed down and the house is starting to show that I have not had my weekly help from friends and I have not planned any meals out for the week yet....Ok maybe I am not ready for a routine maybe a trip to southern CA would be better

Here is to continual recovery and beautiful days ahead, take care

42 TAH removal of ovaries, PCOS Ovarian Cyst and tumor
Unread 02-12-2008, 05:59 AM

Hello ALL,

Welcome to the land of healing.

Ok two days of driving in ugly weather to my 4 week check. (Day one doc was not there and I did not get a call, day two driving on bumpy ice roads)

Doc said I looked great, outside and in. I did get the ok to go back to work 1/2 days. So yesterday I went to work and came home just ready for a nap only to find that I was locked out. Got key from my DD and came home and slept. I get really grabby without my nap in the afternoon.

I did notice that my belly was more swelly this morning when I woke up. I wore roomy pants and good undies, but man it was sore and swelly last night and still this morning. I did ice last night. Is this happening to those of you who are back at work?

I have noticed that when I get really tired my brain does not work, is that also happening to any of you. Last night I could not think and was trying to put together car pools, it really took all my effort.

On the plus side for everyone, it looks like we are beginning to have some more up days, but I think we all want our "wonder women" powers back to full strength and they are just not there yet.

Off to work again. Please have a peaceful day and happy healing to all of you.

KJ113 (kay)
Unread 02-12-2008, 06:53 AM

I had my first day back at work yesterday too! Boy, it sure made me feel good to hear all the "welcome backs" and "wow you've lost a lot of weights". I'm only doing half days and going in later so that I don't have to sit in rush hour traffic. I was pretty sore after getting home, so I pretty much laid flat for the rest of the day and night. But I feel good this morning, so I'm gonna do it again!

Here's to seeing a light at the end of the road to recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register