Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 70 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 02-13-2008, 05:33 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Oh Sarah - It is SO easy to forget we are still healing inside since we get longer and longer periods of time where there are no nagging reminders.

You know how you sometimes keep a bandaid on a finger to remember its still hurt so you are careful not to bang or use it too hard? I am thinking that we need an external reminder to so that we remember to take it easy. My church has handed out yellow rubber wrist bands for Family Values month. (like the LIVESTRONG wrist bands). These wrist bands usually annoy me, but I am thinking that I will wear it to remind me to take it easy as I will forget when I get back to work too.

Sarah - you had your surgery 5 days AFTER mine, plus additional repairs and you are already back to work, take it easy girl! You will not be able to go as hard as you did pre-op. Don't be so hard on yourself either. Slow and sure is how recovery will happen.

hiberbear (Kim)

Dear Lord, please be with Sarah and help her to hear Your guidance about her activity level. Please help her to recognize when to and find the words to ask others for help. Thank you Lord, for this forum to to reach across countries and faiths and economic strata for Your love to be piped through to those that need it. In Jesus' precious name, Amen.

(thank you Renee' for your lesson on another post I saw, immediate prayer is always the best kind)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2008, 07:02 AM

Dear Kim:

Thanks for your advice and prayers; your wishes mean a great deal to me.

Sarah
Unread 02-13-2008, 07:19 AM

Hey Sarah,

I can totally relate! I had my surgery the day after yours and I went back to work this week. I'm an accountant, so my job definitely doesn't have the physical demands that yours does, but I sure do understand what you're saying. I'm sore in ways I haven't felt since the surgery and I can really feel my stomach muscles trying to get stronger, which just exhausts me. My incision site is killing me (6 inch verticle), even with extra padding. I think my healing process is going well, but I think I've just overdone it a bit. So I'm working from home today. The people at my office were blown away that I was back after only 4 weeks, so I'm sure that it won't be much of a surprise that I need to back off every once in a while.

Good luck to you! I really feel like we have to "test" ourselves to see what we can and can't do, and be realistic about the fact that we are not 100% back to normal just yet. But we will be soon!

Lorianne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2008, 09:26 AM

Sarah so sorry to hear you are feeling down again. I understand the need to get back to work. Please stay off those ladders our bodies are so fragile. I have spent the last 3 days starting some sort of routine before I return back to work at the end of the month. I have noticed all kinds of new pains and twinges. For the first time I could feel my incision area burn up until now that area was numb. I also have experienced more of the dizzy lightheaded feeling you have mentioned. Our bodies still need rest each day so I am glad that you did go home and rest. I will be keeping you in my thoughts. Please take it easy when you can keep pampering yourseld when you are able and let what can wait, wait.

For fun today I am going to get out to buy some new make up I figure for all the money I have saved on pads (i had a period every 10-14days) I should buy myself something that makes me feel pretty.

Shelly
42, TAH and removal of Ovaries, PCOS, Ovarian Cancer prevention
Unread 02-13-2008, 10:18 AM

As I sit hear and read about everyone's reasons for having surgery I almost feel like a whiner. I had no where near the symptoms that all of you had. I almost cancelled surgery or at least put it off.It would have been a whole yr before I could have it again since my DH gets laid off every winter and I would have had to wait for him to be off again. I felt like a complainer since my symptoms seemd to have improved after dr attempted endo ablation last fall. Prior to that I was anemic from long periods. Including the spotting my cycles were 2 1/2 - 3 weeks long. But God works in mysterious ways. I had the surgery and found out more was going on. My organs had adhered to one another and that was causing some of my symptoms as well as a lot of back pain I just attributed to being overweight. Since surgery I have had minimal back pain compaired to previously. I am so glad I had it done!! For the first time in years I am itching to exercise!! I am happy for all of us that are now going to be able to lead more painfree lives post surgery. Happy healing to all!!
Unread 02-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Over doing it!!

I hear you Sarah. I have been managing the kids OK but I got a bug up my butt because I couldn't find my good, expensive ear muffs this weekend (for our -50 with windchill weather) and I decided to clear out the hall closet. Which in turn lead to the cleaning of another closet. Anyway since Monday night my lower back has been killing me. I had to take a Darvocet for it and it is still bothering me today. My incision (that opened up) seems to be healing up OK - big I told you so from my DH. I only have spotting from it while having a BM which I think is unavoidable.

I have a question though - my internal med doc recommended I switch from Phillip's MOM laxative to Miralax. Since he said the MOM was a withdrawl symptom factor to it and Miralax doesn't. I have been on a lax per OB/Gyn orders since surgery and expect that when I go next week for 6 wk check up she will recommend I continue for two more weeks to allow that incision to fully heal. I am just wondering how many of you used Miralax? Does it work good? Fast? Without cramping?

Thanks for the input:-)
Unread 02-13-2008, 10:54 AM

Hello sisters. I haven't posted in awhile thought I would give an update. The estrogen has helped alot. I can finally concentrate again. Hopefully my ovaries will start working on their own but until then the pills work. Only problem is now that I have some hormones I'm thinking of sex lol. But 3 more weeks to wait. I still have the vaginal pains but not as bad usually just bad at night and not everynight anymore.I am also still spotting. Bad thing is with being on the percs so long now my ultram doesn't work for my arthritis so in am I have had to take percs or I can't even open my fingers with the weather being so bad. No school today for the kiddos fun fun. Not sure they might now have school Friday it was supposed to be an inservice day but they might now use it as a make up day. If the roads aren't too bad we might go to bingo tonight. My 18 yr old and 22 yr old cooked up 18 yr old going to oldest house without asking me for 2 months. I said if you go now then your moving out. I told him before when they asked in Dec to wait until I was released. I need help with lifting when DH is at work. Since my weight limit is 5 lbs for 3 more weeks. I figure it's the least he can do saying he's not in school(he quit) and he doesn't work or nothing. I swear my FIL has cameras in my house or something lol. If DH and I are getting along he has to make sure it doesn't last. On a good note I am up to 10lbs. weight loss not much still a long way to go but not bad for not really doing anything lol. My thoughts and prayers are with all you ladies returning to work please take it easy and remember to relax. I am rambling on again as always lol. Hope you all have a great day.
Hugs,Sherrie
Unread 02-13-2008, 11:34 AM

Boy, can I relate. I'm at 5 weeks today and this weekend I did some weeding and cleaned the house, even vacuumed I felt so good. The day after I knelt on the floor and bent over a large dictionary so I wouldn't have to lift it to help my son with homework. I've been paying for that and taking it easy. Stupid is as stupid does! Take care of yourself Sarah!
Karon
46, TAH, large tumor and left ovary removed 1/10/08
Unread 02-13-2008, 12:15 PM

Kaylabow,

I can speak from experience about Miralax. It really works and is not addictive to oyur system at all. My son was on it for 2 1/2 yrs and had no side effects. It is very gentle, does not cause cramping or sudden changes in bm's which is a bonus. At the time my son took it is was rx only. Good luck and I hope everything gets better for you soon.
Unread 02-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Miralax

Kaylablow - I found out about a year ago that I have diverticulosis which tends to keep my bowels backed up. My gastro. doc suggested using Miralax. It's more like a stool softener than a laxitive. I take it on an almost daily basis and it keeps things going smoothly. I have to put it in some juice or something, though, because of the taste. It may cause a little cramping at first but I don't have a problem with it now. I take it before going to bed then it usually works right after my morning cup of coffee. The one dose a day that I take is pretty mild.
Hope this helps.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register