Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 71 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 02-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

yes girls ...dizziness, twinges come on fast. Today I power walked 2 miles did a little housework and at 3 pm I am wiped. Have to go out tonite with dh for a college basketball game...what a valentine event. Uh?

Nap time...zzzzzzz

Bless all you working girls....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2008, 01:51 PM

yes girls ...dizziness, twinges come on fast. Today I power walked 2 miles did a little housework and at 3 pm I am wiped. Have to go out tonite with dh for a college basketball game...what a valentine event. Uh?

Nap time...zzzzzzz

Bless all you working girls....
Unread 02-13-2008, 03:17 PM

Thanks so much for your kind words its very much appreciated its great to be able to talk to people who have or are going through the same problems.
I have started taking hrt a couple of weeks ago but right now still getting a lot of hot flushes i was going to try herbal hrt but my doctor did not recommended as i am only 25 and i need the hrt for brittle bone disease only on 1mg but doctor wants to try 2mg its now 5 weeks since op and i feel ok apart from the odd cramps and of course the horrible flushes.

I was out shopping on Saturday and the shop was boiling of course i took a hot flush the sweat was pouring down my head and everyone was staring at me (well at least i thought they were) when i left the shop i looked at if i had just come out the swimming pool anybody got any recommendation for that would be very much appreciated.

Anyway thanks for listening and take care everyone xx

Love
Nikki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2008, 03:30 PM

Thanks for your posts about Miralax. I took it today for the first time and it seemed to go fine. I too have diveritculitis and after having the gastric bypass 2 1/2 years ago I have struggled daily with constipation despite my modest daily fiber intake. It could make my weight fluctuate 5 lbs from one day to the next. If this works good I probably will end up taking it daily too:-)
Unread 02-13-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm amazed!

This internet stuff is all so new to me. At 53 I am pretty electronically challenged. But it still amazes me at what all we can do with it. I never would have imagined finding ladies who had the same surgery that I did, on the same day I did. Not just here in the US but all the way over in Scotland!!! And to be able to communicate with you all at the same time. WOW! I'm truly amazed.

Nikki- Thankfully, the only episodes that I have had with the hot flashes have been at night in the privacy of my own home. I can imagine how you felt. I would have been so embarassed. But I'm sure it only seemed like everyone was staring at you. I don't have any advice except to talk to your doctor. You may have to adjust the HRT a few times to get it just right for you. In the meantime, just hold your head up and wear your drippy hair with pride!!! It could be a new fashion statement.
Unread 02-13-2008, 05:04 PM

Thank you so much purplefreak i will hold my head up high i have got an appointment with the doctor on friday so i will keep you posted on what happens.
How is your recovery going hope all is well.
And like you i find it totally amazing that we and others both had the op the same day.

Talk to you soon

Nikki
xx
Unread 02-13-2008, 05:30 PM

Does anyone know why my tummy hurts 5 inches above the incision now? It is very tender, like I've done 1000's of situps. I've had very little pain so far. I had morphine in the hospital and nothing after the first day. Had other problems: forgot how to pee and had to be recatheterized and stay an extra day, triggered a 3 day migraine with the bowel prep, triggered a reactive arthritis in my ankle 2 weeks postop........I used the darvocet then! My ankle is in pretty good shape now, I just need a little motrin. This new tummy pain seems strange to me..........

TAH, large tumor and left ovary removed 1/10/08
Unread 02-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Cant sleep

another night of late night computer surfing. The insomnia is not going away, I think its time to call the doc. I tried knock out, wine, chores during the day, and tonight I took advil pm and yet I am still here.
But I have a list of things to be greatful for. I am greatful for all of you
Ladies I look forward each day to see how each of you are doing and I find myself thinking about you and praying for all of us to recover, Even though we dont know each other by names we know what each other is going through. I am so greatful that we are all healing and someday this will all be behind us and we will be posting our 1 year anniversaries.
I am so greatful that I had this surgery and found hystersisters I too find it cool that we are talking to women all over the world.
I am also greatful that I have been given this time to be able to reflect on my life and I am learning to slow down It has been wonderful to be home
i am greatful that I have learned what it means to be down and in need of help : It makes me want to learn to be a better servant to others, I could keep going on but I actualy feel tired
Unread 02-14-2008, 01:33 AM

Hurlyburly:

Call your Dr. maybe? Every time I think there can't be any more new, surprising symptoms, another one pops up out of left field. Hard to know what's normal on our own. If you're concerned, it's just a phone call.

S. Klay, sorry if I'm repeating myself. Over the counter Dramamine works for me and I'm a terrible sleeper. (For me, I think a lot of this insomnia is hormone-related. Sleep less than a lab rat when I am PMS.)

Now an question on emotions for everyone:

Presurgery I had a few moments of sadness about losing my uterus, symbolizing the end of an era for me, the end of fertility, etc. Truthfully, I was so uncomfortable with the symptoms by then, and so nervous about the surgery itself, that I shelved the feelings and just kept moving forward. Post surgery I was relieved to have survived, and have been kept busy dealing with recovery and complications and coping with returning to work.

I've been sooooo fine emotionally, and have actually been looking forward to the positive aspects of this change of life (no more 'crime scenes' in the bathroom, as my DH used to call my bloody periods, no more constant bladder pressure, etc.) No need to dwell.

Then last night my normally wonderful DH made a joke about the 'snorfleed women' that I speak with on the internet. I was furious at him for using this word. (I said it was a cold, terrible, misogynistic word, a word used for cats or dogs. That it made me feel unsexy, changed, just bad. That maybe it reflected his true feelings, or his resentment for the burden of caring for me for the last few weeks, etc.) We had a real argument. Lest you think he is a horrible man, he's not. It is so unlike him to speak like this.

I could not stop crying and it brought out all kinds of feelings that I didn't know were there. He could not believe the mess he got himself into by this offhand comment, and dug himself even deeper by wondering why I couldn't have a sense of humor already about this, why I couldn't see that I wasn't so fertile anymore anyway at age 47. He just didn't get it at all, and I've been furious at him ever since. He's really a good husband who just said something stupid, but I can't seem to to forgive him. In 21 years of marriage we've hardly fought and we've never had a fight that lasted overnight. I don't want to do damage to a good marriage, but I don't know how to get past this. Anyone else having any of this? Sorry to burden you all or vent, but I am wondering if maybe I over reacted. (Don't want to be a cliche and think that this is hormonal. I think what he said is offensive even without the added layer of my fluctuating hormones!)

I need some perspective, ladies, and you are all so helpful. Please help me on this one. Sorry if I sound so crazy.
Thanks, Sarah
Unread 02-14-2008, 05:38 AM

Sarah,

I have never heard of the word 'snorfleed' and had to look it up! I can understand why you are so upset with your DH, but it sounds like he realized how much he 'stuck his foot in his mouth' by your response.

All of us have raw emotions in some way or another since our surgeries. (A couple of weeks ago, I found myself crying over a dog food commercial!) I even have periods of wondering "what" exactly I am now...with all organs that made me female having been removed. Deep down inside, I know I am the same person God made, but sometimes that stupid question creeps through my mind.

I have read your posts and it sounds like your DH is a thoughtful, understanding man. I seriously doubt he regrets caring for you these past few weeks. I know you were deeply wounded by that one word, but that's what it is...just a word. With time, I hope you can forgive him and move forward...21 years of marriage is worth holding on to!

By the way, I know what size MY mouth is because MY foot fits in it perfectly!

Take care Sarah and have a great day!

Charlotte

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register