Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 72 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 02-14-2008, 06:15 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Good Morning Sisters....

s.klay - I am sorry for your insomnia. I think that insomnia is so complex with many possible intertwined causes. I don't smoke and don't drink, except for a glass of wine like every 6 months and sleep is my FAVORITE vice.
Recently since the hyst, I found out the following:
1) Couldn't take a nap at all during the day or else it will affect my night sleep. I am ready to drop off at 8 pm, but usually make it until 9:30 - 10:00pm.

2) I have been craving milk with Ovaltine or Silk chocolate Soy milk. I usually do not eat after 8 pm, but if we ate dinner at 5:30 - 6:00, I am a little hungry. The milk satisfies my tummy enough to go to sleep. I read on this site that malted Ovaltine actually contains something to help sleep after I had already been satisfying my cravings. Also Soy products are supposed to help with menopausal symptoms.

3) Worries and anxiety.....12 years ago I was dealing with the death of my parents and would fall into bed and sleep for maybe 3 hours and then be awake the rest of the night with the "demons of thought", I'd call them. You feel SO lonely in a house full of people. Fast forward to now....I have restarted myself to journaling every day. I won't go into my faith journey as this is not the correct forum for that, but I have found that it has helped me immensely, so that I can love those around me better and don't subconciously blame them for not meeting my emotional needs. You may want to just start journalling every evening to get those thoughts out of you. You may not even be aware that you have stuff nagging at you, but once you start writing, you'd be amazed. Some days will be just a paragraph, other days could be pages and pages. any notebook will do, it doesn't have to be fancy. In this busy world, very few of us have a person that is totally available to listen to us pour out our guts. The journal is there 24x7 365 days a year.

I hope this helps you with some drug free options.

hiberbear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2008, 06:31 AM

Hi Sarah!

Our DHs sure can say something goofy once in a while can't they? I know that I can certainly put my foot in my mouth too!

I think your DH didn't mean to hurt you, nor imply that we are all less than the women we still are. My DH and I have been married nearly 23 years and we were done having children (1 DD 16 yo), but he was grieving the fact we wouldn't be having more than I was! this week, he's decided that my scar freaks him out, just when I am anticipating the all clear from the doc today!

Communication is a two way street, but sometimes we head down different street blocks and have to make some turns to connect again. Although it caused you many tears, it is probably a good thing all those things you'd been shelving away have been dealt with. We are entitled to have meltdowns once in a while, we wouldn't be human without them.

Sarah - today is Valentine's day, the day for love. Give him a big hug and a kiss and tell him that the pain of not being near him (emotionally and physically) is more than the pain of a wrongly uttered word.

hiberbear
Unread 02-14-2008, 07:51 AM
Great HS thread Link

Ladies,

Sorry to be so wordy today, but I found a great thread from sisters last year dealing with now re-defining yourself.
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...4&page=1&pp=10
(its in the memorable messages section called post-op confession.)
Hope you enjoy it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2008, 08:18 AM

Good morning sisters
Here's one to make you giggle.

DH and DD were up and out early this am.

On the kitchen counter I found a balloon and flowers ...I thought they were for me until my DD texted me from highschool to announce that her boyfriend had left them early at our house this morning for her !

I crawled back into bed.....might go for a power walk later when it gets warmer...ahhhhhhhh!
Unread 02-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Happy Valentine's day to all you lovely ladies.

Good morning ladies. Hope this finds you all doing well. The snow finally stopped thank goodness now they can get the roads cleared before it hits again I'm sure. I came home from Walmart last night to be informed by DS that he is leaving Sat. for 3 months. I think he needs to just get a job and his ged and do something with his life. I think only way to get him motivated would be tough love but dh doesn't agree. He has always spoiled him(he's a jr.)and lets him get away with anything. Granted he's never been in serious trouble just with not going to school until he quit we kept getting fined. He doesn't leave the house except when he goes to his brothers. Just sits on the pc and sleeps and eats. DH took a vacation day today so I think we might go to lunch today while little ones are at school. It shouldn't be as packed then as it will be tonight. I am so tired today but only slept 4 hours last night. Hopefully kids go to bed early tonight. Thanks for letting me vent again you ladies are the best. Have a great day.
Hugs,
Sherrie
Unread 02-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Happy Valentines Day!!!

Good Morning ladies!!

Just wanted to wish all of us a Happy Valentines Day!! I have my post op check up this afternoon and am a little bit anxious. I haven't been feeling too bad the past few days, but had a couple of episodes of lower back pain yesterday and the day B4. Had to break down and take an Anaprox after not having to take one for a whole week I hope my Doc says its Ok to have fun with DH tonight (if you know what I mean) BUT I am nervous about doing it (dont want to have to ruin it if I end up in pain) Oh well, guess we'll see. I am sure my fellow Sisters are having the same type of anxieties. Any comments?

Hysterscared35 : Where are You??
. I replied to a couple of your posts and I haven't seen you post in a while. Hope all is okay.

I hope we all can try to enjoy this Valentines Day as best as possible, and even though alot of us I'm sure are uncertain about "sex" today, maybe we will have to use our imaginations and think of other ways to celebrate and be romantic.
(if we can remind our DH's what romance is -LOL)

Anyways will close for now. Have to get ready to go to Doctor. Wish me luck!!!!!

Donna
Unread 02-14-2008, 09:24 AM

Happy Valentines Day Ladies!

This Valentines Day is different than any other I've had. My DH left this morning on a trip with the office he works for. This trip is sponsored by the Georgia Dental Association which includes classes all employees must take. He will board a Royal Carribean Criuse Line this afternoon to sail to Cozumel, Mexico. He will be back home Monday night, but sure I sure wish I was with him...why Valentines Day, of all days?

I was 5 weeks post-op this past Tuesday and have had a string of good days...until today, but I think it's more emotional than physical.

Oh well...can't wait until Monday!

Charlotte
Unread 02-14-2008, 09:41 AM

Hi sarah,
Your husband made a mistake, he hurt your feelings deeply, and it is not a crime to express your reaction to it. Let him know that he hurt you deeply so you can forgive him, because if you cant, a bitter root will form and you will suffer. Men don't do well with these things, they want to fix everything right away, they cannot relate to what we experience with these life altering decisions. If they had to routinely face removal of their testicles/penis, I think things would be differnet.
what does snorfled mean anyway?
Unread 02-14-2008, 11:09 AM

Sarah;

Your DH sounds like a great guy, but a typical one. I agree with Louie 64- men don't usually understand the enormity of this change in our lives. Our uteruses are something they can't really relate to, since they have no similar organ. He was probably just trying to lighten the mood, and really really messed up. I vote for givng him a break. Bet he'll never use that word again! (by the way, what does it mean?)

Dee37- hang in there with DS. I also have a DS who doesn't always make the best decisions. Sometimes you have to let them fall down so they can grow up.

They're only human, and mere men, at that.

Babay and Hiberbear- I mentioned sex the other day, and DH pretended not to hear me (he's deaf in one ear anyway, and I think he uses it to his advantage) I think the whole idea is making him a little nervous at this point.

A wonderful Valentines Day to everyone, even if it's platonic!!
Unread 02-14-2008, 12:33 PM

Sarah and Kim thank you for the advice I slept the best since my surgery with a little help from my Advil PM. Kim all 3 of your points were awesome especially the ovaltine, chocolate milk at bedtime I may even be able to get my DS to prepare it! Also I was given a beautiful journal from a friend when for during my recovery and I have been writting in it. I do have Anxiety about returning to work and to all my daily responsibilities. I have always been the go getter the bread winner the conflict resolver the ...... and being home has been awesome each day I have taken care of myself I have learned to ask for help and have done things that I enjoy doing in some ways surgery calmed the wild beast that was once dwelling in me. I guess I do have a lot to write.
Has anyone traveled since surgery I am going on a church retreat weekend and the car ride is a little over 3 hours. Any suggestions on staying comfortable.
Sarah I hope all is getting resolved at home, my DH and I had been drifting for years, and I know its because I havent spoken my mind for years, or said how I feel. And as we go through the healing in our marriage I speak my mind we even argu then we heal.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register