Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 75 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 02-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Kaylabow:

I don't know if anyone else has found this, but I am very comfortable in very loose tummy control pantyhose. I find that they support my belly. I'm still a bit swollen (more at the end of the day) and definitely numb in most places on the skin. I'm still having some pink discharge (probably more due to the retocele repair,) but less each day.

I lost 8 lbs with the surgery but am finding it hard to keep it off now that my appetite is back and I still don't have the OK to excercise. I've always had to excercise to maintain a steady weight and this is a challenge! Soon. No complaints, just trying to keep the calories down.

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Ok for those of you who were thinking of trying sex

Ok....so I sold my house and we decided to celebrate....bottle of wine....no kids......empty house.....when we realized what we were doing we immediately stopped....some bleeding (light) no pain but today my abdomen is very sore.

Now....if you look at my info you can do the math and see I am just over 5 weeks post op....

If you were thinking of sex before clearance....DONT. I am fine but it wasn't worth the worry. Did call my doc and she reassured me that things are ok but I felt like a stupid reckless teenager. Ugh.

Unread 02-16-2008, 03:20 PM

cs03820- Thanks for the warning. Glad you are okay. At least the WANT TO is still there. That's something to celebrate!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Sex

Yep....Actually I have been feeling so good I wasn't even thinking about it...

and for the record....according to him, not a difference, at least not until the panic set in!!!
Unread 02-16-2008, 04:08 PM

cs03820 - I have to admit the drive has come back and it has been gone pretty much since our first DD was born over 11 yrs ago. However - we both have been more than content with outer play. I know I couldn't have made that opps since I am so concerned with my rectocele repair. I even mentioned again last night to DD that it may be a month yet before she clears us for that. He said that was "OK" cuz this was working!!!

I wouldn't get to concerned with the spotting. I seem to get that with almost any BM which is coming from the stool bumping against the healing cuff (similar to what happens in intercourse). I have heard that you could have spotting for up to 2 months once you resume. I am glad that you aren't having serious pain.

A side note that after our "excusion in outer play" last night I had a pain/ache that ran from where I would say my right ovary was down into my rectum. I do believe that the "O" brought it on, perhaps the way I was tensing or holding muscels at the time. I took a tylenol and luckily when I got up about 3 hrs later the pain was gone.

Just like the vacuming and sweeping comments yesterday - you don't realize what muscles were affected until you tweek them the wrong way:-)
Unread 02-16-2008, 06:49 PM

My doctor gave the go ahead at 4 weeks, but said that I should take it slow and stop when I'm uncomfortable. We've tried twice, but it still hurt a bit so stopped. Am hoping things are back to normal in this dept soon. I feel better than I did before surgery in all other respects!
Unread 02-16-2008, 07:07 PM

All I can is my most sincere sympathies to any sister than has had to be cut in the abdominal area. I was really lucky my doctor does hysterectomies vaginally. I didn't know that when I chose to see him. My sweet sister has had 3 c sections and I know it took her quite awhile to get back to normal. I drove dinner over to her every night for 2 weeks. If I had an abdominal incision I would of made the doctor give me a tummy tuck!
Unread 02-16-2008, 08:10 PM

Hello from the Dakotas ! I have not written for a while. All has really been going well. When I saw the Dr., she had told me I was off all restrictions in two more weeks. My two weeks ends next Tuesday.

Well, you are not blessed with five children because you don't enjoy your "private time" with your spouse . So I decided that Friday was really- really -really close to Tuesday. Yes, the "outerplay" was different and interesting. I was just ready to go to the "next level". OKAY, A WORD OF ADVICE -----I AM NOT A DR. NOR DO I PLAY ONE ON T.V. ----AND I AM NOT RECOMMENDING THAT ANYONE ELSE ENGAGE IN SEX EARLIER THAN WHEN THEIR DOCTOR SAYS IT IS O.K.
With all that said, I want to give everyone the encouragement to know it can be WONDERFUL AGAIN!!!!!!!! The compound that my pharmacist makes seems to be doing the job. There was no problem with dryness whatsoever. (Even DH commented on the INCREASED moisture level.) OKAY - I really don't mean to be giving "too much info". I just wanted to be encouraging. My DH says it does not feel any different. I had read on another thread that a towel nearby was a necessity. I now know why. ----- What goes up comes down at a rapid pace due to less space to hang out in.
I did have a little light cramping - did take an advil for the first time in weeks. --------Decided it was worth it and to another advil again this morning (SMILE) -- maybe I will take another advil again later tonight (SMILE). THANK GOODNESS. I was really worried that after all this I would not be able to experience orgasim (sp?) or that my DH would think of me differently. I worried that he would think I did not feel the same "inside". ------- Have faith dear friends, there is life after hysterectomy!!!!!!
Thanks for letting me share.
Unread 02-16-2008, 11:22 PM

Wow. Thanks for all of the encouragement in this department. I've been nervous but too shy to really ask. Great to have all of you.

I've not gotten the OK from the Dr. yet for the all clear. Outerplay for DH is good for both of us but, I must admit that I'm nervous about letting him fool around down there just yet with me. (I've found out in 'solo play' that the "O" is still there. Had to check on my own first! What a relief!)

I've been so moody lately (feels like strong PMS) that I've had trouble being in the mood. I think I also need to break our routine and create the mood. I've been housebound for so long besides being back to work too soon. I do feel like the minute I felt better enough to do anything I rushed back to work, and except for the one night in the black dress that exhausted me, we've not done anything fun, just the two of us. Anyone have any suggestions for getting over that hurdle? DH has been wonderfully patient and would do anything I want.

Sarah
47, TAH and retocele repair, kept ovaries, 1/13/08
Unread 02-17-2008, 05:28 AM
Sex

BonMe...

I feel better knowing I am not the only one here....with 4 kids between us private time is hard to come by!

Dr recommended Advil which is working pretty well. Will definitely buy an economy sized bottle

Everyone Else....
DH was definite that it wasn't any different. Definitely relieved there.

FYI....I waited a whole day to call my Dr because I was embarrased and petrified she would really be angry with me (as well she should have been) She was great when I called and able to relieve my anxiety immediately by asking a few questions and making a couple of suggestions. If you do slip up....don't be afraid to call

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register