Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 78 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 02-19-2008, 09:37 AM
rash decision

Rash decision made

So I quit my job sunday night..I could not take the abuse I was getting from my Dr that I work under any more..(I am a vet tech)..he decided to tell me that its all my fault that the insurance went up that he has to pay for us..p.s. he pays our insurance for us...I said "isnt that what its there for" "for us to use when we need it" he said yes but you have used it alot since you had to have surgery and all your emergency care.
that was his first strike..Ok he kept telling me that my pain was in my head. ..than I was suppose to work only 6hrs every day last week..I was stuck there monday for 10hrs, tues for 12 1/2 hrs, off wed. thurs and fri 7 1/2, sat my other day off went in for 5 1/2, then sun 7 hrs..and he comes up with that I am not pulling my weight and thats a complaint from the whole staff..Ok am I not on light duty? Am I not suppose to work all those hours and did?? I brought that up and he still was being a jerk..The funny thing is being the manager I am in charge of making sure the business is running good and we make a certain amount of money every day, my first week back was last week and we exceded all our goals..so the numbers say I was exceeding my goals...So I stood up for my self and quit..

So yesterday I relaxed and it felt good, no sweely belly last night..its amazing what happens to your body when the stress is gone and you dont over due it..

I hope everyone is doing good..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Good for you Vetnurse!!!! That is harasment they way he was treating you and guilting you about your medical costs. Unfortunately it happens. My husband has been blamed by other co-workers of running up our health care costs, first time after our 2 DD was born early and suffered a brain hemorrage at birth and was rushed to the neared NICU were she spent the first 10 days of her life. That bill just for the NICU (not the labor and delivery) was $45,000. The following year I was found to have thyroid cancer and had it removed which was about $25,000. Then two years later I had gastric bypass which ended up being over $40,000 too since I had to had a couple other procedures in the three months after that surgery. Now the hyster - bills are just starting to come in but it looks like it will be somewhere between $20 & $23,000.

Like we plan for these things to happen!!! Boy do we need some kind of health care reform but we also need people, especially employeers to be more compassionate. People generally don't decide to have major surgeries to "milk the company"!!

I am so sorry that you had to work last week in that enviornment and I pray that the stress of all that extra work and deciding to quite doesn't have a negative impact on your recovery. You and your health come first - you did the right thing. Hang in there:-)

Jenny
Unread 02-19-2008, 01:55 PM

hooray for you Vetnurse!

Relax and recover fully and somewhere out there in the future is a better environment where you will be successful and thrive!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2008, 02:30 PM

Dear All,
I so enjoy reading all of your updates. I hope that you are better soon, Sarah. Vetnurse, good for you for standing up for yourself!
Today is my 6-wk anniversary, and I'm pretty much back to normal. I'm a little apprehensive about sex, but my DH is very patient and does not want to do anything to cause me pain. Outer play so far has been good!
Thanks to all of you for sharing. It is so great to have you to discuss issues that no one else understands!
Have a great day. I will miss my hystersisters fix when we are all back to our daily routines.
Unread 02-19-2008, 02:38 PM

Hi Vet nurse,
wow sounds like you put up with a lot of crap before and after your surgery. That Doc is lucky you arent sueing him. Things always happen for a reason, you will find something better, and in the meantime can rest some more. Good luck to you.
Unread 02-19-2008, 03:10 PM

Vetnurse way to go! I hope that you are ready to find a job when you are ready that you will feel appreciated. I am greatful that I work for such a large company mainly employed by women, I have been nothing but supported by my boss. I keep sending her updates and thank yous. It hasn't always been that way, I made a job change almost 2 years ago I have the same job level bu went from working 50+ hours to just 40. Good Luck!

I decided today I had a great deal of energy so I would reorganize the kitchen and clean all the appliances. And now I understand the pain above the belly button some of you have spoken about. Time to rest until dinner time. Now that I know what we have in the cabinets and frig dinner should be easier tonight.

Take care!
S
Unread 02-19-2008, 03:19 PM

Thanks everyone for your support and kind words. I did get another job, found out today, I will be working at a emergency vet hospital, getting paid a little extra and not as much responsibility I get to start on thurs, and they are so understanding of my restrictions...:O) everything happens for a reason..:O)
Unread 02-19-2008, 03:54 PM

Hey Vetnurse,

You might want to put a call into your State of Nevada EEOC and see what they say about your situation. There's no obligation to sue, and they provide their services for free, so it might be worth your time just to check it out. There are pretty strict laws surrounding harrassment/discrimination/FMLA issues and it sounds to me like your boss may have crossed the line.

In any case, I'm glad you've been able to alleviate some stress!
Unread 02-19-2008, 05:06 PM

I will thank you so much for the info..I appreciate it..
Unread 02-19-2008, 05:50 PM

Oh Vetnurse! Praise God!!!!!! Maybe one reason the Lord let things get so bad at the old job was because He had something better waiting in the wings. At any rate, congratulations, and best wishes at your new position!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register