Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 81 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 02-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Hi Ladies!

Boy have I missed everyone...I am so happy that there have been some newer ladies on the thread even after this many weeks.

I am sorry if I don't mention specifics from each of you. I have far less time these days, which breaks my heart. You are all in my thoughts tho, and I pray that a year from now we are all in glowing health.

Getting back to work this week has been quite a challenge, chronic foot pain from an injury last Thankgiving, old sciatic back and hip pain, that thankfully only lasted 3 days, head cold trying to drop into my chest, sneezes and coughs hurt my belly. Meltdown Tuesday morning before leaving for work (stress definitely brings on hot flashes!) weather issues 3 days this week, (school is already closed tomorrow)

I think a big challenge was gaining confidence. I felt so SLOW this week. I would have fired ME! I took 20 - 30 minute for support calls that should have taken 5! As I worked on a project today (instead of support....) I realized that my work keeps me for my quality and not my speed, so I felt better. This lack of hormones sure messes with your head! But other than that and being tired, I have had no other back to work surprises. belly is swelly and I do feel like there are swellings near my leg creases where my ovaries would have been and they are not painful just swollen. When I sneeze or cough the pain is more toward the front, just the right of my vert incision at midpoint.

so I got through Tuesday and didn't realize that it was my 6wk point until toward the end of the day.

I have told 2 people in 4 days about this site. (one was a man, who indicated that his wife might be due a Hyst soon.)

No meds (other than the cold meds today) foot and sciatic is better. I have found too that many people are quite sympathetic and they have never had "cut open" abdominal surgery, but they are quite surprised that I am doing as well as I am. So when you think you are being a baby, its all relative. You really aren't.

Well I'll stop rambling now...

hiberbear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Be careful

I dont know if I was more embarassed or afraid. Today marks my 6 weeks. I have been feeling really good this past week and today I had a full schedule. Coffee with friends, lunch with more friends, DD dentist appointment, hair appoinment....All was going well and then I went to pick up my daughter and I was in a bit of a hurry we had about 3 inches of snow fall this am and I walked right into the Jr high and KA BOOM I fell right on my BUTT.
Its okay to laugh I did after the fact picturing myself .....
So far everything feels alright my back hurts but it does at night, and my pride is still stinging (did I mention I fell in front of the 7th grade study hall). So those sisters with the ice and snow that is still comming please be careful and watch your step.

I learned today to slow down. I also had a near stumble down our stairs. I am going to the doctors tomorrow I dont know if its my HRT but I still feel foggy, dizzy, and I have had almost daily headaches. I have PCOS and HRT is a challenge due to my inciline resistance. So the healing battle seems to have ended and now its time for finding the right HRT. i dont know if I am falling because I am dizzy or just moving to quick.

Jenny I take zoloft and that has helped in the past with the drive but I am not sure about the appetite. Good luck with the exercise.

Purplefreak are you enjoying your dishwasher yet? glad you had such a nice visit with your family

Flub maybe the feeling you are having is due to the nerve endings starting to heal?

Take care ladies and watch your steps.
Shelly
Unread 02-21-2008, 07:42 PM

thanks Shelley.. Never thought about the healing/tingling process...thanks.

Ok sisters here's an update on my dd with the broken hand due to her tumbi
ling ... She will be in a cast for 3 wks... She'll be on the sidelines watching her cheersquad compete! She has a cast to match her uniform!

Continued healing to each of you... You have been a huge support to my healing!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2008, 09:01 PM

s.klay- Sorry to hear about your fall. At least you were able to laugh about it. If your insulin is out of whack that could definitely contribute to your fog, dizziness and headaches. It's hard when you are dealing with several medical conditions to get them all working right. But hopefully with time and patience you'll be feeling better soon.

YES! I have used my dishwasher and I love it. What a blessing.

flub - 3 wks is a long time for your DD to be on the sidelines. I hope it goes quickly for her and she heals well.
I don't have an incision to worry about but I understand about the twinges of pain. I was really worried that I wasn't healing right because of the ones I kept feeling. It was good to hear from my doctor today that all was well. The hard part for me now is to try to keep from jumping too quickly back into my normal routine. My restrictions may have been lifted but I know that I am not ready to just pick up where I left off before surgery.

hiberbear- if school is closed tomorrow then I hope you get a chance to recoup from your busy week. Sounds like you are doing well, though, all things considered.

love and blessings to all of the rest of you!
Unread 02-22-2008, 06:58 AM

How many of you have had granulation that was treated with silver nitrate? Is black/grey discharge normal? Also did the first treatment do the trick or did you have to have it done a second time or cauterized? I am just trying to get a handle on what I have ahead of me. I had alot of cramping last night after my exam. I also ended up with my second migraine this week and ended up taking a migraine pill and went to bed early. I woke this morning (or actually realized in the middle of the night) to a full blown head cold. I thought I was beating it when the sore throat started the beginning of the week. I took extra echnacia and B and C and nothing more came of it until last night. Yuck!!! I was so happy to not have caught anything the kids had the past six weeks and now it catches up with me:-(
Unread 02-22-2008, 07:17 AM

kaylablow - I had the silver nitrate yesterday, too. I had terrible cramping all day and into late last night. I even took several doses of ibuprophen, which for me one usually knocks me out. I've had the gray/black discharge also along with some thicker mucas like stuff. My doctor said I may have some spotting, too. I did a search on former threads about silver nitrate and it looks like all of this is normal. Like everything else, it's different for each person. Some, one application did the trick, others have had it more than once. I think it depends on the size of the granulation. Mine was a really small spot and the doc said once should do it.
I am feeling much better this morning and haven't had much in the way of discharge at all. But the day is just beginning....

We got about a half inch of ice here in the louisville area last night. But temps are up and its raining so the ice should be gone soon. I need to go out for groceries sometime today so hope the rain goes away, too.

I hope everyone has a good day and a relaxing weekend.
Unread 02-22-2008, 07:34 AM

Hi Sisters -

Sorry I have not been posting here. I post real quick in the main lobby but I never have time to keep up here. I feel awful about it. I have missed so much of your recoveries. I think I am going to do some catchup reading this weekend.

I am doing okay. Still not 100% as my doctor says I should be. I still have achiness around the incision, still tire easily, still swell everyday about 3 pm and the emotions kill me but I do have a lot going on right now...you can read more about it on the main...it is titled Overemotional? if you are interested.

Best wishes to all of you! I am off to work. I wonder now why I was in such a hurry to get back at day 17. Regretting that I did not take more time for myself.
Unread 02-22-2008, 08:17 AM
silver nitrate

I had a treatment the 2 days ago, I had suddenly started bleeding just a little bit around the 5 week mark. The treatment was quick, he didn't comment on the appearance, just that it would help it heal, and said the bleeding should stop within a week and if not to call. I didn't feel any discomfort (other than that just caused by being touched by the swab), nor did I have (new) cramping or pain later, and so far the discharge looks the same. I don't know how much he used, he had the nurse hand him a couple of swabs.

Hope everyone here is still doing well, we're in the home stretch now (I think)
Unread 02-22-2008, 08:20 AM

Hello Ladies, It's been a few days since I've posted here too. I had my 6 week check up this past Wednesday and I received the all clear to resume my regular activities --GENTLY. I told that to my DH and yesterday, he was asking me to do things I did before surgery, i.e., bring firewood into the house! Oh yes, I was testy and I DID NOT CARRY FIREWOOD!! I started taking Estradiol yesterday...hopefully that will help my sweats (not hot flashes, just sweats... LOL). Yesterday I also received my order from the HysterSister store, the CHILLO and the SwellyBellyBand. I already LOVE the Swelly Belly band (I've only had it on me for less than 30 minutes). I'm not sure about the ChillO, only because the prep process for it seems a bit complicated (or just overwhelming for my brain at this point). I'll ponder on that one for a few more days before making any final decisions.
Unread 02-22-2008, 11:16 AM

It sounds like many of us are on the mend, I didnt even know about granulation, I had to look it up so I knew what you were experiencing. I hope that those of you that have had to deal with it will be taken care of in one visit.

Last night I couldnt sleep started having some new aches and pains, I read through much of our thread and we have come along way from talking about gas pains and prunes to hot flashes and HRT. It amazes me how much we have been through and I am amazed that 6 weeks is here.

Today I am off the the OB for him to check me over after my fall, I am sure its nothing, but they called this AM and wanted me to at least be checked and after that I meet with my family practice DO ( she will check on my insulin and metfomin scrip) What a way to finish my last week day off work. I hope I am ready for 8 hours on my feet Monday and Tuesday.

I am hopeful that the flu season will go away soon. Sorry to hear some of you still have it in your homes. The flu has seemed to linger in our home since my surgery. I am making a large pot of chicken noodle soup with a lot of garlic, and I am having our home cleaned this weekend, bye bye germs.

Hope you can relax this weekend take in a movie or just pamper yourselves.

Shelly

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register