Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 88 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 03-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Hi Ladies!

It's a spring-like day here in No Ill. So wonderful.

I feel great, working all the time, I'm healed and it's amazing.

Hope you all are doing good.

Peace and Love,
Brinks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2008, 06:17 PM

Hi!

Ranee - keep at it. I am in my 9th week post op and 3rd week back to work. You'll be ok. Just go to bed early when your body demands it. You might just need to ease back into your ministry stuff slower if work is taking most of your time.

This week I feel pretty good, and even that nagging pain that I still had on Sunday was mysteriously gone by Monday morning. That little pain we still have when we cough or strain the wrong way....

kim
Unread 03-12-2008, 07:10 PM

Thanks sisters!!!

It's always good to get a pep talk from those who have gone down this road. The one thing that I am good at is sleeping when I need to. I have been easing back into my ministry over the last 2 weeks and today I took a nap when I got home.

I'm taking it a day at a time and I told my kids at church that if I fail to do something it won't be because I am not interested, but that my body may not be able. They seem to just be happy that I'm back - so for that I am thankful and hopeful.

Continued Blessings on you ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 10:17 PM

It has been a week of ups and downs for me. More downs than up, I'm afraid. I finally started feeling better after that yucky virus I got and Dh was feeling better too. Tuesday night was our "first time" since way before my surgery. Unfortunately it did not go well. I ended up in tears. I think it was more mental than anything. Maybe expecting too much too soon. Anyway, it really left me feeling very down. I'm sure it will be better with "practice" but I feel like I've lost something precious. That was always a very fantastic part of our 34 yr marriage and the thought of it not being as good is why I put this surgery off for so long. I'm almost afraid to try again for fear of being disappointed or disappointing DH.

Anyway, I have been able to get out several times this week so that has helped my mental state considerably. The only trouble with that is the more I do the more the ole belly swells. I did some shopping today and some stuff around the house and I guess it was just too much. I look about 8 mths pregnant tonight and feel like I'm about to bust. After 9 weeks I was hoping I would at least not swell quite as much.

Glad to hear that the rest of you are doing so well. Sorry to be a spoil sport.
Unread 03-14-2008, 02:15 AM

Dear Purple Freak and everyone else:

I have to agree with you a bit, Purple Freak, although don't despair just yet. DH and I had a good reunion last weekend (which I wrote to you about as one of my upbeat messages.) My problem now is that since we've had sex I am back to having my old bladder problems again. One of the main reasons I had the surgery (TAH with retocele repair) was that the mammoth fibroid was resting on my bladder causing nonstop bladder pressure. Almost immediately post-op it was gone. For the first time in many years I was able to go hours, not minutes, between bathroom stops. I was sleeping for more than an hour at a time at night (a good explanation for my constant exhaustion over the years) and was able to take long car rides. In summary, really a life changing event.

Since we had sex, the bladder frequency and urgency is back. The sex was fine, even very nice without birth control and my plunging uterus. But now I'm walking around feeling like I may even have a urinary infection although I'm too lazy to go get tested. I used to think this often pre op but the tests would come back negative. The pressure just feels like an infection.

Also still quite swollen some eves, but that I'd be Ok with as I know it'll pass eventually.

Any advice or feedback on this would be so appreciated.

Good wkend everyone,
Sarah
Unread 03-14-2008, 05:41 AM

Purple Freak, don't dispair. Things will improve. My body functions perfectly, but "letting myself completely go" was another. I was focusing on my body and not the sensations. Go forth and fornicate, my friend. You'll see that it's better.

Sarah, go see your doc, it sounds exactly like a UTI, with your recent surgery, it's not a good idea to play around with a bug in your urinary tract.

My belly swells a bit, but I'm not sure if it's what I'm eating or still from surgery???

I have one very exciting tidbit before I close. Last week I bought 90 dollars worth of new panties! Nice, pretty (full coverage, pulleeesssee) panties. Some with lace, some bright colors, some pastels. Oh, so pretty and so clean and fresh.

Out with the old, in with the new. True liberation from all that bleeding.

Peace and Love to you,
Brinks
Unread 03-14-2008, 07:40 AM

I'm at the end of week 8 post-op, been back to work 3 weeks, this past week a full 36 hours. My belly is swollen every evening when I get home. I am positive now, for myself, it is still surgery related. BUT, the scale tells me also, time to tighten up on the "feel good" eating!! argh!!
Unread 03-14-2008, 08:35 AM

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement and for sharing your problems. I'm sorry that you are having them but I was beginning to think that there was something wrong with me for not being farther along in the process than I am.

I think this week must have been about time for my cycle to begin again which could contribute to me being so sensitive about everything. It's hard for me to tell, though, as far as my cycle since I hadn't had one for almost 4 months pre-op. And my hormones have been rather wacky ever since. Anyway, I know things will work out okay for me and DH.

Sarah, I had problems pre-op with my bladder, too, because of uterine prolapse. The doc said my cervix was smashed against my bladder so that is why I had to go constantly. Post-op I haven't had that problem at all. It has been so nice. BUT since I had this virus and was doing a lot of sneezing and coughing I have had a different problem. Everytime I cough or sneeze I wet my pants. Not just a little bit either. It's embarrassing and I have to wear pads all the time just in case. I was really hoping to be able to go shopping for new panties too but that will have to wait awhile. I'm hoping this is just because all my muscles are weak right now from taking it easy for so long and that doing kegel exercises will help. Now that my cough is about all gone I hope it will clear up quickly.

afrenchfry- I can feel my belly swell when I am doing any kind of physical activity and it goes down by morning so I don't think it has to do with weight gain. Although I'm sure that doesn't help the situation any. But according to my scales I haven't gained any weight. I do notice that certain things I eat contributes to the swell. I've gone back to the Miralax to help in that department. Maybe it will help with the swelling, too. I need to take it for diverticulosis anyway. I just hate taking it every night because I have to drink it with juice or something to get it down.

DH and I were talking last night about some trips we have planned in the near future. I told him it is so nice not to have to worry about what "time of the month" it is when we plan this far ahead. In the past, it never failed, if we went to visit one of our daughters I would either start the day we left or while we were there visiting. I will have more room in my suitcase now because I won't have to pack those great big overnight pads. At least now all I have to worry about are pantyliners. Maybe by the middle of May when we take our next trip I won't even need those. I can dream anyway....
Unread 03-14-2008, 08:03 PM

Brinks--great idea! I think I will head to Victoria's Secret and get some fresh new undies. It's SO nice not having to worry about ruining them with unexpected and irregular bleeding from heavy periods.

Purplefreak, I think you are right on the money saying that a lot of sexual pleasure has to do with what's "mental." I was worried about it hurting when DH and I got back into it, especially since my procedure was vaginal. But once I got past that, it was great. We put a lot of pressure on ourselves to immediately be right back to where we were pre-op, and sometimes it just takes a little longer. Go easy on yourself. You'll get your groove back.

And I hear you...we are taking a trip over spring break, and this will be the first time in ages that I don't have to worry what time of the month it will be. We travel a lot, and invariably, I would always be bleeding heavily right on the days we traveled...such a pain...worrying where the rest areas were, making sure I had a sufficient supply of tampons/pads...ugh! I am SOOOOO glad to have that in the past!
Unread 03-16-2008, 05:20 PM

Well, I was finally able to make it to both the morning and the evening service at church today. I think that is the first time since my surgery. I feel really renewed in spirit. AND I was able to wear pantyhose to both services without too much swelly belly. Now THAT's progress!!!
I also had one lady bring me some pants to be altered and about 3 others asked if I was ready to get back into "business". Guess that means I'd better get the old sewing machine out. I haven't had any interest in sewing (or much of anything else) at all but now I think I'm actually looking forward to doing something productive.
I hope the rest of you have a blessed week.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register