Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 89 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 03-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefreak
Well, I was finally able to make it to both the morning and the evening service at church today. I think that is the first time since my surgery. I feel really renewed in spirit. AND I was able to wear pantyhose to both services without too much swelly belly. Now THAT's progress!!!
I also had one lady bring me some pants to be altered and about 3 others asked if I was ready to get back into "business". Guess that means I'd better get the old sewing machine out. I haven't had any interest in sewing (or much of anything else) at all but now I think I'm actually looking forward to doing something productive.
I hope the rest of you have a blessed week.
I'm glad that you had a good day at church. I did Sunday School and 11:00 Worship. It was great to get back into the swing of things. We didn't have an afternoon service, so I was able to come home.

This week will be a bit of a challenge because we have service Wednesday - Friday. I have a resurrection Egg Hunt on Saturday and 2 services on Sunday. That on top of my regular job and we'll see just how far I really have come in my recovery.

Blessings on each of you ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 06:13 AM

Hi Ladies!

Well, here we are...10 weeks post-op. Six weeks ago, I didn't think I would ever feel "normal" again, now it seems a distant memory!

It is nice and comforting to know I will never have to worry about abnormal pap smears again!

I'm home today studying for a mid-term. I received my grade for my book review I wrote in early February...a 99 and I was riding high on hydrocodone when I wrote it! I think I need a refill for my mid-term!!

Glad to see everyone is progressing and back to their normal routines. This website, and all of you, have been a big blessing through these last 10 weeks!

Charlotte
Unread 03-18-2008, 06:32 AM

Hi Charlotte

Congrats on your book review. Good luck on your mid-term.

It is amazing how far we've come. It's wonderful to have made so many friends that can identify with what we've gone through.

Blessings on you for continued good health!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 07:01 AM

HRHrey,

Thank you! Your posts have been inspirational to me! I am in seminary. It's wonderful to communicate to my sister..both on this website and in Christ!

Charlotte
Unread 03-18-2008, 11:18 AM

Hurray! Finally I feel energy and happiness. Its been so long I almost forgot what they were like. Now I have to figure out what I want to do with myself. I was sick for so long, life inspiration went out the window with my ovaries. But I'll figure something out. Hurray for us!!
Unread 03-18-2008, 11:51 AM

Vinrl--you sound so happy it fills me with joy, too! I agree--this will be a happy new chapter for many of us!

I am back at work cleaning houses, working with the kids in Sunday School and singing in the choir, and I feel better than I have in YEARS! I donated blood last Friday at the Red Cross, and my iron level was higher than it had been in recent memory. (Due, I'm sure, to not having those heavy periods every month.)

I have been a little more emotional lately than usual and am experiencing mild hot flashes. Still, I wouldn't trade these minor side effects to go back to heavy bleeding and worry over potentially diseased organs that I don't need anymore. I am so thankful and will never look back!
Unread 03-18-2008, 05:07 PM

Now that your recovery is over 8 weeks, your thread has been moved to the DATE CLUBS forum where you may continue your friendships.

Please remember to post questions about your recovery in the post-op forum!

Also, please remember to visit the pre-op forum and post-op forum and answer questions for our other members. They will love to hear from you and appreciate your support and replies.

Hugs to each of you for continues good recovery!
Unread 03-18-2008, 08:02 PM
lingering spotting

Hello to all of my healthy sisters, it's so good to be in the company of everyone feeling so much better these days. One question, is there anyone else still with some lingering spotting? I did have one silver nitrate treatment a few weeks ago, and I was supposed to go back if it didn't stop in a week. Well I keep thinking it's stopped but it keeps just teasing me with just a tiny bit of spotting but it just hasn't quite stopped yet, just wondering if it will probably eventually stop or I should just bite the bullet and call and get it over with. Otherwise I feel pretty normal, energy-wise that is, still have some soreness of tummy, like I couldn't do a sit-up, I am assuming that's to be expected. Now I just need to lose the 5 or so lbs that I put on so I can get back into my pants!

Take care everyone!
Unread 03-19-2008, 07:00 AM

I am 10 weeks out from my surgery now. Things are going ok but are not quite good enough. Still have numb belly and pain in the incision. Can't sleep at night for the night sweats. Im thinking that I need a higher millogram of hormones. The hot flashes are getting worse during the day and I sure would like to have them taken care of before summer gets here. Well I will go for now just though I would give an update.
Unread 03-19-2008, 01:59 PM

cmg1981- what are you taking for hrt?

saltydawgs- although my hyst was a long time ago, I remember something going on for awhile. But then again, I was over doing it (with three young children). I would do like they said and go back if its not better in a week.

Hugzzzzzzz to us all!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register