Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 91 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 03-24-2008, 07:32 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Hi Sherrie and everyone!

Well, it sounds like everyone is on the mend or healed. It's amazing. I remember how scared most of us were just a scant 3 months ago. Hubby and I had to laugh at how I was on this site constantly reading post op notes and such.

What a difference today.

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter. We had family and a lot of laughing and now a wee one in our midst whom we followed around as she toddled her and there. Nothing like the little ones to bring out awe and joy!

Peace and Love to all,
Brinks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 09:06 AM

My DH and I took a short, overnight, trip to Nashville this week. First one since my surgery. I had my TVH due to uterine prolapse. I had to go to the bathroom constantly because of the pressure. We could not drive anywhere for more than an hour (and that was pushing it) without having to stop for me to use the restroom. Well, we drove the whole 3 hour drive NONSTOP!!! I didn't feel the need until we pulled up in front of the hotel. WHOO-HOO!!! I was so excited and so was DH. We do a lot of traveling because both of our daughters and all of my family live out of state. This means faster trips and more time with family. What a blessing.

Now, I just have to work on the problem of wetting my pants when I sneeze!!!! I'm hoping that is just from weak muscles since surgery. I will be calling the doc this afternoon on that.

Hasn't been much chatter lately so I'm sure that means good things are happening and all are healing well.
Blessings to all of my January Sisters!!!
Unread 04-01-2008, 12:39 PM

hello
so glad for you that you are making good progress.
I am too, back to work at full tilt, and feeling great except for sleep deprivation. I can deal with it though. No HRT for me due to risks/history.
Enjoy your time with your daughters and traveling with DH
best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Thumbs up - Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Hi Louie64! and all the other ladies!

I have been drinking a glass of soy milk and it REALLY does help keep the hot flashes at bay. The chocolate variety is so yummy. There is a light variety with less calories, but I am not so concerned about that now since I got back on the treadmill! woo hoo!

If I don't have any soy milk on hand, I have a glass of malted ovaltine (made with skim milk) before going to bed. Carbs are going to help you sleep.

I had an iced tea with dinner out last week and no milk before bed and I had a horrible night. no more caffiene after 3 pm for me! (I usually have just my big travel mug of coffee in the am)

I hope this helps!

hiberbear (kim)
Unread 04-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Question - Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Hi All...

Haven't posted in a long time...being back to work has been alot plus my house sold and I moved but.....horrors.....my cable company messed up my high speed internet and I have been without for three weeks! I can handle a hyst...but no internet?? Sheesh.

Recovery was going well until yesterday. I had some bleeding what felt like bladder spasms and went back to have what we thought was granulation tissue and maybe a UTI treated. Long story short there is a mass the size of a walnut near the cuff of unknown origin. Biopsy yesterday, trans vag ultrasound today. Dr said she has never seen anything like it as it was not there at my 6 week check Feb 20th. She tried to soften the blow yesterday by saying that it would need to be removed under sedation which is a nice way to say more surgery. She also thinks it could be bowel or bladder stuff????

Anyone else run into this? I am petrified I have a cystocele and will need Mr. Foley cath again!

Other than this bump I have felt better than I have in years...still glad I did this.

Hope spring has hit wherever you are! Sure hasn't here....snowed yesterday but now is 60 degrees and raining.. very odd!
Unread 04-01-2008, 07:59 PM

Hi all,
I have posted here and there but not as much as before because I too am back to work and full time student. I do try and go on the cancer forums so if someone is experiencing the same thing as I did then I can hopefully give some rays of hope. I too have checked on the menopause forums just too see what some are experiencing and in I am normal LOL. I have not had that many issues with the symptoms and the ones I do have are very manageable. I am taking the over the counter non estrogen types too see what they do. I have lost 23lbs since surgery and I feel pretty good except for some pain around the top of my incision and some phantom pain. I feel pretty good have not had the courage to try the bedroom stuff :bedjump: I am scared. I thank all of you for your support and help in this time for me and i wish all of you the very best.
Unread 04-02-2008, 12:01 PM

Hi Kim
thanks for the advise, I have heard something about the enzymes in milk and turkey, tryptophan I think, that is supposed to make you tired. I wonder if that is why everyone heads for the couch after a Thanksgiving turkey dinner!!!!!LOL
good to see everyone still posting here and there. work is busy, it is harder to post, but I still plan to do it as I can. This site is great.
thanks again
Unread 04-02-2008, 05:17 PM

Well, here we are at week 12 post-op. It looks like everyone is pretty well back to their normal routines.

I wore heels to the office today, and after about 4 hours, I had so much pain and burning in my lower abdomen, I had to ask DH to bring me a pair of flats! Does anyone else this far out from surgery have problems wearing heels? I hope this is something that is not going to be permanent! Other than the "heel incident" it seems like I never had surgery!
Unread 04-02-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladitsover08
Well, here we are at week 12 post-op. It looks like everyone is pretty well back to their normal routines.

I wore heels to the office today, and after about 4 hours, I had so much pain and burning in my lower abdomen, I had to ask DH to bring me a pair of flats! Does anyone else this far out from surgery have problems wearing heels? I hope this is something that is not going to be permanent! Other than the "heel incident" it seems like I never had surgery!
I am a tennis shoe kinda gal - at work and at play. If I have a meeting, I will change and put the heels on. I wear heels to church. I have not had the problem that you had. I think that on Easter I was out all day in heels - from about 9:00am - 6:00pm - - - and the only problem I had was my feet hurt at the end of the day.

I guess this is another one of those "every one is different" kinda things.

I have been feeling really good. Today was a strange one for me though. No pain or anything like that. I just couldn't get enough to eat!!! Not a good thing because I have really been good about loosing weight.

I that this is not a pattern.
Unread 04-03-2008, 10:19 PM

Hey all
I kind of vanished after my 2/27 car accident. I am now healed from a concussion and back pain. Ahhh so much to heal from but I am amazed at how quickly God can put us back to good health. I know where all my energy has come from and it has to be from the Lord. Not to get all spiritual on you....... The day of my accident I also had decided to file for divorce. Not something I thought I would ever ever ever ever do. I was amazed at how I could pull myself through something like this surgery and I was also given the opportunity to do a lot of soul searching and prayer. I know this will be a long and emotional journey and I also know I should be so tired and weak with all that I have been through. Yet what I am is vivacious, I am up daily going to work for 8 hours on my feet, getting our 4 bedroom 2 story home ready to sell and take care of two teens and a dog. Each day I lie in my bed and I can still feel the swelling and some tenderness and I thank God for his healing hand. I have missed reading these posts and was glad to find this thread again! It sounds like we are all moving forward, we have come so far. I promise to check back on you....I have thought of many of you these past few weeks and was reminded what a source of strength you all have been to me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register