Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 92 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

I am so sorry to hear about the ordeal you have had to go through but you sure sound like a strong wonderful women and I wish you the very best, it is amazing how much this place helps. I have had the greatest support in my life from this amazing website and the sisters here. I like you have not been on here as much as prior to surgery and prior to the cancer diagnosis. I am back at work full time and in school full time too. I am trying to come on here periodically so I might be able to help someone going through what i was once dealing with. Thanks for your update and everyone elses and thank yo all my fellow January 7th princesses Wow look how far we have come. Now sisters through the same surgery date as well as the reasons bringing us too the surgery in the first place. Thanks to everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 12:38 PM

Dear Shelley:

I've also been checking less frequently and am sorry that we've not been able to be more in touch throughout your ordeal. Please know that our thoughts are with you. You sound like a strong, grounded woman, and I know that you'll be OK, even better than before. Wishing you all the best and a listening ear any time you feel like it.

Best wishes, Sarah
Unread 04-07-2008, 11:16 AM

I just cleaned my bathroom today. First time for total overhaul, since my surgery. The shower was gross. But I am totally wiped out. I had to leave the shower walls because I just couldn't do anymore. I can already feel the swellybelly coming on. I have had a real problem with that. I can do very little strenuous activity without the swelling. I cannot breathe when it happens because it goes way up into my rib cage. My abdomen feels so heavy and there is pain sometimes. I also feel like my ovaries are about to burst. I have a CAT scan scheduled for the 15th just to see what is going on, if anything. I also have to see a uro-gyn. because for the last month I have had a very difficult time "holding it" when my bladder is full. My doc seems to think it is a result of the surgery. It may mean another surgery. I hate to even entertain the idea. I just want to feel good again. I am so glad that I do not have a full time job to deal with because I couldn't do it. "All" I had was a TVH. Shouldn't have been this difficult. I had a friend that I go to church with that had a TAH/BSO just two weeks ago and she is already back doing things that I still am not back to doing. I feel like people are looking at her and judging me. That probably isn't true but just my own dissappointment with how I am doing. I sound and feel like a whiny baby and I know that doesn't help the situation.

Thanks for letting me vent. I am so glad the rest of you are getting on with your lives.

Shelley, I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. My prayers are with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2008, 11:48 AM

Dear Purplefreak,
Thanks for sharing w/ us I'm sorry you are having such a hard time, but don't let others' judgments get you down. I'll be praying for you and for your doctors, so that your health issues will be solved. Keep posting so we can share your progress!
Unread 04-07-2008, 12:59 PM

HI Purplefreak, my surgery TAH was 4 days prior to yours. I too still suffer from swelly belly....at least I hope its swelling and not fat LOL I am not overweight although I have gained 5 lbs since surgery.

My bladder is also still not quite right and after I pee I get a tricklet that comes. I think I presently may have a bladder infection although I am not sure. Started intimacy at 8 weeks out but protected with a condom (just thought it would be better for me inside) and this past weekend was the first time without one and now I think my bladder is infected.

If it isn't one thing its another.....I just don't want to go on antibiotics as then poor hubby as I will then most likely get a yeast infection.

Geez

Other than that my energy level is fantastic and I feel better than I have in years with my hemo count normal for the first time since forever.
Unread 04-07-2008, 01:16 PM

Hi Purplefreak
remember everyone is individual and we all heal differently. You need to listen to your body, if you are not ready to do something delay it. You will return to full recovery eventually so long as you keep on trying.
when you have TVH surgery they take the uterus out through the vagina which can irritate the bladder pretty wildly which can explain some of the urinary stuff. I have some of that still here and there, I had LAVTHBSO surgery in Mid January, takes a while to pop back, but get the rest you need so that you will.
hope things improve real soon
Unread 04-07-2008, 03:47 PM

Purplefreak- I'm with you. My energy and belly are not quite well yet. Matter of fact, a new pain has started on my right side, shoots down my leg. Worse when I"m sitting. I keep thinking- my age has a lot to do with not bouncing back so well. Can't imagine what it is...everything is gone!
Unread 04-07-2008, 08:12 PM

Thanks ladies for the words of encouragement. I know and agree with all that you say. I guess I had too many things hit me this week that just kind of overwhelmed me. I will be okay. Thanks for letting me vent. I am usually the one everyone comes to with their problems because I am a good listener. But there is no one for me to go to when I have a problem. You ladies are a blessing to me. Please stay in touch because those of us who are still struggling need any little glimmer of hope we can get.
Unread 04-07-2008, 08:52 PM

Sara and Puplefreak thanks for your words of encouragement and prayers.
Purplefreak every step forward is just that, I am glad that you were able to share with us how you were really feeling. You have always been a source of encouragment on this strand and I hope that you feel the arms of your cyber sisters giving you hugs because you deserve them. I to over did things getting our home together to have up for sale by this Saturday, I went to bed with the biggest swelly belly ever last night and my vagina ached no really it ached it felt bruised .... it could possibly be all the painting and the lifting ..... I just need to slow it way down for a few days. I honestly think the energy and strength I feel is God helping me get out of a very unsafe enviroment. I will keep you in my prayers and pray for your strength to return as God sees fit. It amazes me how much he has changed me and strengthened me through this experience and most of all how much I need other people and to talk and share how I am feeling. I am very proud of you. I promise to stay in touch.
shelly
Unread 04-08-2008, 08:17 PM

I am experiencing a burning sensation in my incision area along with exteme hot flashes and fatigue. I have to remember the healing takes place INSIDE OUT...this is a process where we have to be patient. We all have to believe that if God brought us to it, he'll bring us through it. Peace and blessings

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register