Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 95 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 05-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgreenarch
Hi, all:

Vinrl mentioned that she has been having a pain that travels down her leg. I've been having the same thing since the surgery and didn't think anyone else had something like this! I feel like an old lady sometimes with this. When I've been sitting for any length of time, my right hip is sore and then I have this pain that shoots down my leg when I get up until I walk it off. I thought this was maybe connected to the spinal anaesthesia that I had but maybe not. My husband thinks it's sciatica pain. It's not a big deal since it goes away by itself, but it is annoying.

The other thing that's hanging around is the inability yet to poop normally. I'm still needing miralax. I had the retrocele repair as well as a TAH and can't risk a repeat of that bout with constipation and hard stools, but do wish I could do without the miralax. Anybody else still having this problem.

We're preparing for Passover here in Israel which means spring cleaning and lots of cooking. I overdid it a bit with the lifting and paid for it with a very sore belly and pains where the incisions are. Oh well. Looking forward to the holiday anyway and will be thankful for overall good health for all of us.

Thanks, Sarah
I can attest to the hip pain. I posted about this a while back. It is awful. I want to get some joint juice but it is soooo expensive! I wonder if it is just coincidence or related to the hysterectomy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHrey
Hey there sisters

I think that I posted a couple of weeks ago that I thought I had another UTI - which as it turns out, I did not.

My (Urologist) also wanted me to have an ultrasound because he thought I might have kidney stones.

WELL .... it turns out that I do not have kidney stones. BUT the ultrasound reveals some scar tissue. So asks if I have had a kidney infection before. The answer is no. So, we don't know where the scarring came from. I do, however, have 2 cysts on my kidney. The plan is to monitor them for 90 days. Oh, and did I mention that they had trouble "finding" my right kidney during the ultrasound? It is "rotated" - whatever that means.

Apparently there is some "minor" surgery that I may have to have. That's the story of my kidney. The fun never stops. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm at a loss. I'm gonna do some research, but figured I'd start with my sisters first.

All-in-all, I really am doing well. I've kept the 40lbs off. I am getting my energy back (as long as I don't go completely back to my old life), and I have started to - my gym membership is finally getting some use.
Renee - I am having some bladder/urine issues as well. They thought I had kidney stones for a while but have ruled that out. I have had a trace amount of blood in my urine for over a year now but since surgery, it has increased. I have had a UTI which has postponed my cystoscopy.

I sure hope they are able to find out what is ailing you. I dread the cystoscopy but I dread the waiting even more...

It is kinda like waiting for the hysterectomy...it was the hardest part.
Unread 05-20-2008, 08:27 PM

Hiya Sisters!

It has been a while since I have posted an update. I rarely find a moment to get online at home and do not get to read and post as often as I would like.

I cannot believe that it has already been 18.5 weeks! I really feel good. I sometimes forget that I had this surgery. I got a reminder today at the doctor when I saw that my insensitive PCP submitted a referral for me that was a duplicate of my last one with a different date. It was a diagnosis of endo/adeno of the uterus. I asked the nurse if that referral would work, seeing as I do not have a uterus any longer...haha

I have been having some bladder concerns as of late. They thought I had kidney stones for a little while but it turns out that I just had the worst UTI I have ever had in my life. This all happened just before I was scheduled for a cystoscopy. It has been postponed until all signs of infection are gone. Has anyone else had this procedure? I am having it for blood in the urine for over a year and a significant increase over the past couple of months.

I have not been able to shake the extra couple of pounds that came on after surgery but I am making a valiant effort now. Hubby is taking me to Puerto Rico in July so I feel I have no choice - which is good!

I want to thank you all again for helping through what felt like the end of the world at times. Turns out that it was not so bad and may have been the best decision I have made for myself and my family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2008, 07:12 AM
Hi

I hope everyone is healing wonderfully....I'm doing great. I just had a question if anyone could answer I would really apreciate it......Jan 14 was my LSH date....I have had no bleeding up until the end of April for 3 days a mimi period i'm assuming that is what the doc said. Ok I was alittle upset to see blood but it was very little so that was it. I went to the doctor for a 4 month recheck, this was about 4 weeks after the mini period I was not bleeding at the doctors office I just told him about it so he says "Lets treat your cervic's with silver nytrate" which I have heard other ladies on here speak off well he does the treatment and i'm fine. no bleeding that day. The next day, after treatment, I start to spot again and have been off and on ever since. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm feeling very nervoius about this...i'v been doing really well. I'm sorry it's sooo long I wanted my "sisters" opinion about what you ladys think. Thank you. Denise.
Unread 05-21-2008, 07:42 AM

Hi Becky, I too am on antibiotics for my 2nd UTI infection.....spotted a bit with this one as well. Gyno said that this can be common from the cath post hysterectomy.

Denise, have you had a urine test for infection?

I also am still having difficulty with BM and have to ensure I take a lot of fibre and water and sometimes after 3 or 4 days have to have some help.

Other than these two things I feel great as far as energy goes but still feel I am healing.. tummy is still tender to touch in some areas and still a bit swelly.

Sending lots of healing thoughts.
Unread 05-21-2008, 07:47 AM
Hi

Yes, I had the urine test when I went to the doctor on Friday. I just called the doc's office and they said the nurse will get back to me. I was under the imprestion that silver nytrate made you stop bleeding did not cause staining/bleeding i'm just frustrated i guess. Denise.
Unread 06-03-2008, 04:15 PM

Well, here it is week 20 (I think) post-op. I actually wore heels to work today...big progress for me!

Since my surgery, the left part of my upper leg/groin area has been totally numb. I had "spurts" of pain in that area last weekend and the numbness has slightly subsided, but not totally. Has anyone else experienced something like that? I guess it is finally healing.

I've been taking our 7 month chocolate lab "puppy" (about 40 lbs.!) for walks in the morning before I head to work. I have learned that it is not a problem to jog...it's either that or literally be dragged because he sees a squirrel!

Just wondering....has anyone noticed a more "urgent" feeling if you have to go to the bathroom than before the surgery?

Charlotte
Unread 06-03-2008, 06:52 PM

I notice I get sore (right side) with different shoes. I got some insoles and it helps. The high heels I only wear occasionally because of this.
The bladder thing- I didn't realise just how uncomfortable I was till I recently changed ERT. What a relief! My whole body went, "whew!".
Good excersise with the puppy isn't it? Nothing cheers me up like my dogs.
Unread 06-29-2008, 01:10 AM

previous s.klay

i have not been around for a while and changed my screen name as I did go through with my divorce. I do have to say that my ob gave me a back bone on jan 10, 2008. Although a divorce while healing from major surgery is not advised I am doing better. In the last few weeks swelly belly has been back and I feel a whole size larger at times considering the weight loss I have experienced in the last few months I am troubled by this. my stomach area literally aches when I go up stairs. and sleeping on my stomach is out of the question. Second I am enjoying my very own private summers about 3 times a day. My dr changed my patch to .075 I do not do a good job remembering to switch so i used a dry erace marker and wrote L (for left) = sunday and R (for Right) = wednesday on my bathroom mirror. Been back to the ob 2 for my car accidnet in february and 1 time for the soreness and hot flashes. I need to look into some threads on HRT. Hope you all continue to keep healing and strengthening I will check back more often. Doc assures me its nothing to worry about I am just disheartened my figure is changing so much and I had lost weight after the surgery and now I am heavier than before?
anyone else?????????????

shelly
TAH BIO no ovaries -HRT
tumor on left ovary
shelly
Unread 06-29-2008, 07:17 AM

Oh Shelly, I'm so sorry for all that you've been through. I hope you are peaceful more and more.

I'm doing great, ladies. I am liberated and free. I wonder how all of you are doing, and I hope this update fills everyone's mailboxes and they will come on and say hi!

I have some perimenopausal issues as I did keep my ovaries and cervix, but had been starting on that road prior to my surgery. Shelly, try power-surge.com it is the best place for perimenopause and menopause and plethora of information. Easy to navigate, and so many friends to meet in your same place.

Well, I am off for church. I do think of you all, and I'm so happy I had you as hyster sisters as I went through my surgery, before and after. I am blessed by you all.

Peace and Love,
Brinks

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register