Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 96 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 06-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Hi there!

Good to hear from my "sisters". I am glad I was able to go through the hyst with all of you. I feel so much better physically, but yeah that belly thing is not so nice. I want to lose weight (had some belly going pre-hyst too). I wondered the other day while going through a personal summer, if all the fat in the body couldn't just melt and end up at my feet, then I could drain my heels and be done. Isn't it all just like butter in my body? LOL.

I am going back to my regular gyn for suggestions for lack of desire and lubrication since I am on no HRT. I decided that my oncologist gyn is only concerned about keeping me cancer free and not my love life. My DH has been patient, he claims he'd rather have me alive than have sex, but I also want to keep him happy, so I am exploring my options.

Shelly - it sound like you have been through so much, but there are bigger and better things awaiting you if you keep looking forward and not agonizing over the past. Keep your rearview mirror smaller than your windshield. Keep positive people in your life and do not be afraid to disconnect (or at least lessen) the ties with the negative people.

warm regards,

hiberbear (kim)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2008, 08:09 AM

Looks like no one has posted on here for several weeks. That has to be a good sign!

I have posted on several occasions about my upper left thigh being numb since surgery. I have since learned that when I have pain in and around that area, more of the numbness is subsiding and more feeling is coming back. I though I might have had permanent nerve damage because it was numb for so long.

On another note, I have found since the surgery, I have found myself wanting to slow down a bit and take a new direction. I've been a paralegal for close to 20 years in a criminal defense law firm. I resigned that job and now work as a ministry assistant in a local church. I took a cut in pay and hours. At first I thought I had made the wrong decision. The pace of my new job is so much slower and I didn't know how to slow down!

I've been at my new job for close to 2 months and I'm adjusting (and beginning to love) the slower pace! In fact it's so slow, I'm planning on taking a full load this semester in graduate school.

My former boss (attorney) called me last week at the church and asked if I would come back to work for him. He "padded" the deal nicely....money is no object and I have a say in who is hired and fired. I told him I would think about it. Well, it has been several days and I have prayed and thought about it, and I'm going to have to decline his offer. I'll be 50 years old next month and life is just to short to be in a constant, stressful job! More money or not, it's just not worth it!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Charlotte
Unread 07-14-2008, 08:15 AM

Ahhhh...I've slowed down way too much. After reading my post, I must state I will be 50 years old next year...not next month. It will be here sooner than I'm ready for though!

Charlotte
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2008, 08:30 AM

I haven't slowed down with work, I ended up getting a job when I started to feel better and because my soon to be x lost his, however on my days off I do not take on a bunch of errands and go wild, I take it easy. I had the numbing feeling too and kept thinking in the beginning that it was that symptom that everyone talks about I think it is called lympdemeia but it went away and now the only time i have some weird feelings is when I do too much or i am so tired. I all in all feel pretty darn good and have kept the wt that I lost off and work out now most every night. I really like my job but now I have to deal with packing and moving on with my own life. One thing that this whole experience has taught me is that life is too short and staying in a crappy situation is not worth it. Me and my soon to be x have not gotten a long for a while and he has not really been there for me as much as one would need a spouse in times of need. I can't keep being treated so poorly and my daughter needs to feel secure and happy and with the way my relationship was going I was feeling very hurt and resentful and take it out on her and she does not deserve that and the only way to fix that is to move on. I wish everyone the best and continued recovery and peace and happiness and to anyone that might be in the same sort of situation as me it is better to move on and find your own happiness then stay in a bad situation
Unread 07-14-2008, 09:30 AM

blondraider,

I couldn't agree with you more, whether in a personal relationship or employment relationship. I left a miserable, violent 20 year marriage back in 2000. I remarried in 2004. Wish I would have met my current husband 30 years ago!

Good luck on your new journey. Speaking from experience, you will be happier, as will your daughter. It WILL be worth it!

Charlotte
Unread 07-14-2008, 09:37 AM

Charlotte - That was a huge decision to make concerning your job change. That took a lot of courage. I agree, though, that life is way too short to live so stressed that you can't enjoy it. Too bad it sometimes takes something like major surgery to help us realize what is important in life. But we are stubborn creatures sometimes. I applaud your decision and hope that it brings peace and joy to your life. Even if it is only for a "season" it will be a refreshing change for you.

Glad to hear that you are getting more feeling back in your thigh. I hope it will all return soon. I have had a difficult time in the intimacy department but it finally is starting to come back, too. Thankfully, the desire is there, I just can't seem to achieve the "goal". Guess some of us are just slow healers.

Blondraider - so sorry to hear that you are having to go through such a drastic life change at the same time as you are working through your healing time. Sounds like you are handling it well, though. Hurray for you keeping off the weight that you lost. Wish I could say the same thing. I am just now getting back into walking everyday. I do feel much better since I started doing that. I still struggle with mood swings but my night sweats are all most completely gone (knock on wood !!!) so I am sleeping better.
I don't work outside the home. As much as I love that, sometimes I think I may have healed faster if I had something like that to sort of push me ahead. Then other days when I am so wiped out from lack of energy I praise the Lord that I don't have to worry about that.
So glad to hear from you ladies about your progress. I pray for continued healing and blessings on all of us.
Unread 07-14-2008, 05:00 PM

Thanks very much, words encouragement helped me through the cancer and will help me through my next journey. I am a fighter and I just know I don't want to be unhappy any more. I am so glad you are able to sleep better cause it sure sucks when you want to sleep and can't I had few issues with menopaus but they were all slight and now I am on premarin and there are none at all. Good luck to you and don't worry about taking it slow I got pushed in to work faster then I would have liked but what can you do? Thanks for you nice words
Unread 07-17-2008, 09:59 AM

Hi Everyone
Gladitsover, what courage you have, you cannot go wrong following the Lord's direction in prayer and sometimes less is more. Good move, very brave, dont know if I could do it.
Blondraider sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope a new chapter of goodness will come to you.
purple freak. good to see that you are still posting.
All of these posts helped me when I was post op
I will be 6 months post op next Wednesday. I am doing very well. I am very glad that I did this.
stay in touch
Nina
Unread 07-17-2008, 03:53 PM

Louie64!

Thank you for the encouraging post. It means alot!

Charlotte
Unread 07-19-2008, 05:23 AM

Hey there sisters

I can't believe that it has been 6 months already. It's been a while since I have posted, but am glad to know that even with set-backs, we seem to be a victorious group of ladies.

Charlotte - you are my hero. I would love to be able to do full-time ministry, but right now - I (nor my church) can afford it. I have been praying for an opportunity to leave my job and serve full-time at the church. For now, I make myself content with spreading the love of JESUS on my full-time job.

Shelly - while I have never been married, I applaud your decision to do what is best for you. I'm sure that you have inspired many to take control of their lives.

I'm still battling my bladder issues. I have been dealing with my blood pressure post-op and the put me on lasix - talk about a workout for the bladder I may have to have surgery to resolve the leaking issue, but for now - I am quite content living with it. It's amazing how I am able to take a and just keep on going. Pre-op, this would have made me crazy.

I am trying to slow down. I still do to much, but I have substituted some activities that I used to do for others with some selfish things for me.

Continued blessings on you ...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register