Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 - Page 97 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Unread 11-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 07-Jan 14,2008

Lots of posts to catch up on lol. Figured I would stop in and say a friendly hello to all my sisters who helped me through so much. Love you guys and hope you are all well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2008, 03:11 PM

This has been a crazy year, found out had uterine cancer had full hyster removal, did that in Jan and this site was great and all that responded were too. Went through all the changes got thru cancer gone. Thanks to God! Now I am moving to TN job relocation. Thanks to God have job. I am looking forward to this new beginning. For all of you --- Know that God is always there.
Unread 11-06-2008, 11:19 PM

I am doing really well. I've gained a good bit of weight though - about 30 pounds post-op, on top of my already 100+ pounds extra. I looked into the Lap-Band surgery, but my insurance will not pay for it, even if medically necessary (and for me it is). It's still an option, though.

I am showing some signs of PMS though - which normally would not happen since I had my ovaries removed. I googled ovarian regrowth postop (or words to that effect), and found something called "ovarian remnant syndrome." (There are some discussions on this site about it too.) I have an appt with my GYN to discuss ways to diagnose/treat it. Surgical removal of any remaining tissue is the best way to do it ... but my deductible renews on Jan. 1. Since we've already met it for this year - if I have to have surgery again I want to do it before the end of the year. So much for my anniversary (Dec. 17) and the holidays!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2008, 07:51 AM

Hi Girlies! Oh, it's so fun to be able to touch base again. I tried to figure it out one day this past summer at one of our anniversary dates, but couldn't find it on the site.

We are fine here in No. IL. Weather has been beautiful. I am in full swing, crazy overtime at the chocolate shop and it's amazing not to be bleeding 3 weeks of the month.

Last year at this time I was being prodded, and ultrasounded and biospied, and second opinioned and on the pill, ugh, so this year is much better.

We have suffered some losses of grandparents, step-mom, and my own mom has been put in a nursing home, a couple brother in laws diagnosed with melanoma and the other with prostate cancer. So, any prayers for us (the Lord knows everyone's names) would be greatly appreciated.

This is the time in our lives when we see how the lives of those we love live out themselves, we've been prepared for it by the challenges we've faced up till now. Sorrow is so compelling and is crucial, but memories are like tulips and daffodils in winter, and are the promise of the world to come.

And that's my thought for the day. We are well, we are hopeful.

I hope this finds you well and everyone is able to drop a line or two.

Sure did have a great time on this site. What a godsend!

Peace and Love,
Brinks
Unread 11-10-2008, 04:02 PM

Good to hear from you all.
It's not quite a year yet. But it has been a horrible time for me. I am still down to 107 pounds and can't get much strgenth back. Seems I have thyroid problems and just now getting to a proper doc. I had suspected the estrogen and my thyroid meds needed adjusting but all they would look at was lab results. Well, the results are better seen on the growth in my throat. Goiter and painful cysts. From not proper increasing the thyroid meds when begining estrogen. What a mess. I'm still lost, mentally. And I hope this new doc is able to help me because I'm at the end of my rope.
Its good to hear others are doing well.
Unread 11-13-2008, 08:12 PM

So good to see all of you on here again. I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who was still having problems. It has been a difficult 10 months for me, too. I went back to the gyn because of the eternal swelly belly. She sent me for a ct scan. I ended up with referrals to 3 different doctors because of the results. I had to see a cardiologists and he sent me for a stress test. Thankfully that came out okay. Then I saw another gyn for a possible cyst on my right ovary. He said it didn't appear to be anything to be concerned about right now but we are keeping an eye on it. He also said that the pulling and discomfort I have had there could be due to my ovary dropping and adhereing to something or it could also be due to the way my vagina was tacked up. He said it "lists" to the right somewhat. But he also said the only way to make sure about everything is to go in laproscopically and check it all out. We decided it isn't bothering me enough right now to do that!!
My last referral was to the gastrointerologist. She was my life saver! She did tests to see what could be causing the continued swelly belly, all of which came out normal. So she recommended that I try a new probiotic called Align. It comes in capsule form and she said all of her doctor friends swear by it. I tried it and I could tell a difference the first day. I have to take it every day. It is not a prescription and the only place I can find it right now is through Walgreens and they have to order it. And it is expensive. But it has made such a difference that it is worth every penny. Besides, I was going through 4 boxes of gasX a month and now, I don't take any of it. So that saves me almost as much as I would spend on the Align. Before taking this, I couldn't walk very much at all without swelling up like a balloon. Now I am walking a mile almost every day with no problem. (I have only been taking it for 3 weeks) I am feeling so much better these days that I can almost say that I am glad I went through this.
My one major complaint that I have left is that I still have pain in my tailbone. I thought maybe I cracked it or something during surgery because I didn't have that problem before. But the xrays showed no cracks or bruising. It DID show that I have arthritis there. So being on the operating table for 2 hours must have caused that to flare up. It has been a major pain and I can't seem to get rid of it because I still have to sit on it! Part of the problem is that I am so sensitive to medications that I can't take much of anything to get rid of the inflamation. But, I am working on it. Overall I am feeling pretty good. I can at least see a light at the end of the tunnel. It took forever for things in the bedroom department to come together but PTL, that is now awesome once again. It has been quite a journey. I have learned a lot about myself. I have learned who I can count on when I am down. And I wouldn't trade my DH for anyone. He has been so kind and patient with me. I don't know what I would have done without my sisters here. You have all be a Godsend! I wish you all blessings many times over.
Unread 12-06-2008, 01:38 PM

Hi, All.

It's been a long time since I've checked the site. I (we) are coming up on a year and I remember this time last year and what a complete mental wreck I was. I was thinking that I should write to all those women in the same boat, awaiting surgery to tell them to hang in. In retrospect, the anticipation and fear of the unknown was probably the worst part.

I think I can finally say that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I had a hard road with many setbacks and complications, more as a result of the rectocele repair than the abdominal hysterectomy. I am still going to physical therapy to strengthen the pelvic floor, which is definitely weaker following surgery. I pee when I laugh, cough or sneeze. A bad bout of bronchitis recently made me feel like I needed diapers. But in truth, it wasn't so great pre op. They tell me that PT can help anyone, even old ladies and that if I don't do the silly exercises, I'm headed for more surgery eventually. So I'm trying to do my homework.

Overall, I'm glad I did the surgery although there were many moments in the past year when I didn't feel this way. I am no longer having interminable bladder pressure, getting up to pee 5x a night. I don't have horrid heavy periods every 19 days which I only now realize took enormous mental and physical tolls. Sex is whenever we want it and it's fun, though occasionally a bit painful deep inside. Swelly belly was solved by swimming, the best stomach tightener in the world. I've always loved swimming, but it is suddenly the only excercise that feels right and good. I swim a kilometer a day and that has made the biggest difference.

I kept my ovaries so it's a bit weird to have PMS and no periods. I never know if the moodiness (an understatement) is related to hormones or not as there's no blood to show what time of the month it is. PMS alone is bad enough without having to also nearly bleed to death. We joke about this and I'm trying to see if my homicidal rages are occuring on any sort of a regular schedule.

I recommended the site recently to a new pre op friend. Thanks to all of you for standing by me through some very rough times. Stay in touch,

Sarah
Jan 13 2008
TAH, Kept ovaries
Rectocele repair
Unread 01-08-2009, 03:58 PM

Greeting to all of my Hystersisters who had a hysterectomy this week 2008!

I hope that all of you have celebrated this date with happiness and thankfulness.
I am thankful for all of you. When I joined this site last December, I had no idea what was ahead for me because of my diagnosis. (cancer) Through my recovery, I came to appreciate my new friends on the site. You gave me much encouragement when I was wondering if I could ever poop or sleep normally again! Also, thanks to Sarah (sgreenarch) for suggesting dramamine for my sleepnessless. I still use it when I need a good night's sleep.

Best wishes to all of you for 2009. Please post to let us know how you are and how things in your life are going.
Unread 01-08-2009, 04:19 PM

Hello!

My surgery was one year ago today! It is hard to believe...the year virtually flew by!

I'm still on Estrogen (1/2 pill a day). The only new thing that has cropped up since the surgery is high cholesterol. My level was 192 in October. I was put on Zocor and my level is now 132.

The area of numbness in my left thigh that happened after the hysterectomy is still numb, only in a smaller area. I have learned that lifting anything too heavy is out of the question. Other than that, all is well!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Charlotte
Unread 01-09-2009, 07:47 PM

Hi Ladies!
I am celebrating my one year surgery anniversary today and thought I'd check in to say "Happy Anniversary" to all of us! It was nice to spend Christmas not worried about having surgery and preparing my family and students (and sub) for my surgery and recovery. This site and you all were a godsend during that time. I'm glad to have had others to go through it with. Best wishes for a healthy, happy 2009!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register