Lupron..when does it | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Endometriosis Support

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lupron..when does it Lupron..when does it

Unread 01-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Lupron..when does it

kick in? I got the shot 5 days ago and I really do not feel any different.

I feel like I do with PMS but I was suppose to start my period on friday anyway.

The Dr told me the first 10 days could be bad..but I really do not feel any effects.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Lupron..when does it

Reyne:

No adverse symptoms is a great report!!! Good for you! Not everyone has bad side effects from Lupron. We tend to hear more from those who experience bad effects than we hear from those who are just fine. That's human nature.

I was on a similar med, Synarel, and the side effects were tolerable and those that were not so fun were easily addressed by my physician.

I'm encouraged. Do keep us posted on how you are, we care and hey, we can always use good news

Unread 01-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Lupron..when does it

My surgeon had me wait 3 weeks to get my first shot of Lupron, because he wanted me to get it at the end of my cycle (at around day 25 or 26, I believe). That way, when the Lupron surge hits, you'll be starting your period and you will minimize the effects of the estrogen surge. It sounds like, since you are expecting your period very soon, that you got it done at a favorable time! I should tell you not to worry if your cycle lasts longer than usual and/or is heavier than usual, as that is not uncommon after getting Lupron. However, hopefully it'll be your last one while you are on Lupron.

I did not have bad symptoms at all for the first month. It felt wonderful not to have the endo pain that I had had.

Brenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Lupron..when does it

The lupron was just a last effort...they could not figure out what is wrong with me. I just really want this to work and not cause more pain..I have been thru so much I feel like a lab rat.

I just read all these horror stories about Lupron. I put this shot off for a year.

Thanks for your replies..it really helps me not feel so lost and alone.
Unread 01-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Lupron..when does it

Reyne:

You are not alone. We are happy to support you however we best can!

Some women do have bad side effects. I won't minimize that.

On the other hand, not all women who take Lupron have a bad experience.

Some experience something in between nothing and bad that is quite tolerable especially if that woman was in a great deal of pain, as many of us find ourselves due to endo.

I that you are one of the lucky ones. So far, so good!
Unread 01-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Lupron..when does it

Hang in there. I got my 2nd shot today. The first 3 weeks after my first shot was rough, actually it was probably day 3 or 4 when that started. Then at week 4 the pain went away. i did notice right before this shot pain started flaring up but am in the hope that will subside by tomorrow or Wed. Be glad you arent having side effects. But I do believe that getting it at the time you did probably helped to minimize your effects. You should know within aweek or so if it is going to work. Good luck.
Unread 01-08-2008, 07:36 AM
Lupron..when does it

Thanks ladies for the nice replies and support!

I just could not accept that this pain is caused from endo. I have all the sympathy in the world for you women who have been dealing with this for most of your teen and adult life.

Well I hope I am a positive story for the use of Lupron...time will tell. I tried to cut back on my pain meds...I was a littel premature. But the pain has not increased.
Unread 01-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Lupron..when does it

good luck! its great that you are having no problems, i did mine years ago for 3 months, the worst i had was hot flashes and mood swings, make sure you are taking a calcium supplement while you are on the lupron, good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register