8 mths post op and NOW I bleed - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 mths post op and NOW I bleed 8 mths post op and NOW I bleed

Unread 01-22-2008, 06:15 AM
Good luck!

I amsending you nothing but good wishes.. I am sorry you have to have another surgery but I am happy that there is something that can be done to help with your pain.. good luck and keep us posted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2008, 05:55 AM
8 mths post op and NOW I bleed

My surgery went well, although he did have to remove both ovaries. He said I had the worst cast of Endometriosis he had ever seen. That is what was causing my bladder pain as well. The adhesions were everywhere! I am really not happy about taking HRT, because my mom had 2 strokes on it... but he says he will start me on a low dose and monitor me. Already having severe hot flashes. Did I see something about a Chilly Pillow or something on here?? Anyway, I am in lots of pain for the surgery but I am sure looking forward to being pain free when it's healed. Thanks for all the prayers guys.. they meant so much to me.
Unread 01-24-2008, 06:17 AM

It is great to hear from you! I am sorry your in so much pain.. but at least your optimistic!!
I have a question and this may sound stupid of me.. but didn't they notice your endometriosis 8 months ago when they did your hysto? I ask because I have Endo to and since I was 12 years old. I wondered if Endo could continue after your hysterectomy?? Well GOOD LUCK!! I wish you speedy recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2008, 08:47 AM

hey ash............glad that you're through it, and ready for the next step. wishing you the speediest recovery.........gee.
Unread 01-24-2008, 08:53 AM

Yes, I had Endo when I had my hysterectomy with lots of adhesions. He removed all of it then, but I guess it can come back, well obviously it did on me. It was all over my ovaries, my bladder, my bowels, my appendix... everywhere. He cleaned it all up and says I should have no more problems. But he had cleaned it up when he removed my uterus too... so I guess we will see. I can already tell a difference tho. I was feeling so much "pressure" and severe pain down there and that is gone. The surgery pain is what is bad right now, but thank God for Percocet! Wish I could stop the hot flashes tho
Unread 01-24-2008, 08:54 AM

Oh and I ordered the Chillow from the store... hope it gets here quick!!! If anyone else has gotten one, let me know if it works for you!
Unread 01-24-2008, 10:31 AM

Glad everything went well for you. I'm sorry you had to go through this. I wish you a speedy recovery.
Unread 01-24-2008, 02:41 PM

hey ash, i've read on this forum, people who said that if we massaged our belly after the surgery, it reduces the incidences of adhesions??? i'd read this months after mine, so it was a tad late, but, i still gave it a go ! ! only thing is, i'm not sure what actually constitutes "massage" that would be appropriate etc? maybe someone else would know??? maybe if you started a new thread to ask who knows about it??? and, it might help you not to develop a new lot??? anyway, good luck girl............gee.
Unread 01-24-2008, 03:17 PM
posted in wrong spot..

Sorry! I hope your feeling better!
Unread 01-24-2008, 03:27 PM

My incisions are on my belly... so massage right now would be terribly painful! But I had not heard of that before. I will have to ask around about that.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register