post op internal | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post op internal post op internal

Unread 01-07-2008, 08:58 PM
post op internal

ok.... I go for my 5 week check up and I am going to have an internal exam I'm not very good at those to begin with.

I had tah/bso, can someone please let me know what takes place and how it went? Don't worry about scaring me... I'm beyond that and want to just skip it, but I need my note that I can go back on Monday.

thanks sorry to ask, but I really need to know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2008, 09:09 PM
post op internal

Aww... sorry this is weighing heavily on your mind. I think most of us have had those same worries. After going through surgery, the last thing you want is someone poking around down there.

I can honestly say, though, that mine wasn't bad at all. She took a good long look at things and did some poking and prodding to the point where I felt some pressure, but it wasn't at all what I would consider painful, and it certainly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Good luck
Unread 01-07-2008, 09:13 PM
post op internal

My post op appt went fairly smoothly. My dr. was very gentle and I did not experience any pain, just some pressure. I also had to have some silver nitrate put on a "skin tag" as he called it. He said it was just a piece of slow healing skin, and even tho it would heal fine, he still wanted to put the silver nitrate on it to help it along. It really did not feel too bad and I was crampy for about a day, but nothing that needed any type of meds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2008, 09:47 PM
post op internal

I just had my surgery on December 26 and was wondering the same thing.
Unread 01-07-2008, 11:51 PM
post op internal

a new life, thanks so much for your response. I was really nervous about even asking this question and quite embarrassed.

cruisin, oh my gosh you are a brave soul. I sure hope I don't have to have that done. But I'm really glad you mentioned it, so now at the very least I'll be prepared.

tweety, I'm so glad I am not the only one wonder.
Unread 01-08-2008, 02:58 AM
post op internal

Hi itsme,

Truly it's not that bad at all. I actually had one at 2 weeks, 4 weeks and 8 weeks. The one at 2 weeks was a killer due to an infection the others just the pressure. I also had to have silver nitrate treatment at 8 weeks and I was also crampy. So stop stressing yourself out!

Take care..........Karen
Unread 01-08-2008, 05:38 AM
post op internal

Karen,

Oh my goodness, I would have freaked if I had that many internals uggghhh...

Thanks so much! I'm glad you made it through and thanks for sharing your story. I am really trying hard not to stress.
Unread 01-08-2008, 08:44 AM
post op internal

I had my internal check yesterday. It was exactly like a regular pelvic without the palpitating to check the ovaries.

It was quick, easy and painless.
Unread 01-08-2008, 12:36 PM
post op internal

I went for my 2 week post op last week. He didn't do an internal exam. I have to go back in another month. Do you think he will do one then?
Unread 01-08-2008, 12:48 PM
post op internal

Hi Jill,

Usually they do an internal to check if the vaginal cuff has healed and if the stitches have dissolved. Truly don't waste your time panicking about it.

Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register