TAH return to work? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH return to work? TAH return to work?

Unread 01-08-2008, 01:52 PM
TAH return to work?

I've had tah/bso Dec 6th. My work is pressuring me to return this Thursday, I'm going back Jan 14th, my doctor said NO earlier. That will make me 5 weeks going back.

Do you mind sharing when you are going back?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2008, 08:16 AM
TAH return to work?

I just went back to work yesterday. I was exhausted!
Unread 01-15-2008, 04:36 PM
TAH return to work?

jill,
did you have tah/bso. And how long did you take off?

Just curious, with my emergency c-section i was off 9 weeks! I think going back after 5 for this is early. But i have to go back. This surgery was much worse than my c-sections, for sure.

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2008, 06:38 PM
TAH return to work?

I also went back Jan 14th. about week 6. I tried to do a full day on the 14th, was exhausted. Today I did 5 hrs. I am hoping it gets better.
Unread 01-19-2008, 09:49 AM
TAH return to work?

Itsme01,
I had a TAH but they left my ovaries. Went back to work 4 weeks post op. It was extremely hard, I don't recommend it to anyone but I made it through the first week back. I am really tired today and plan to take it easy. Good luck to anyone facing this.
Unread 01-21-2008, 05:43 PM
TAH return to work?

uggh.. this is my second 11 hour day... too long! and my second week back.

Well, take care, I hope you all are doing well.
Unread 01-24-2008, 08:50 PM
TAH return to work?

I had a TAH/BSO and my doctor gave me 8 weeks. My short term disability company was calling me every week after the 5th week asking me when I was going back to work.

I couldn't have returned to work at 6 weeks and I glad I didn't. After I went back to work, (I work from home) I was setting the alarm and taking a nap at noon-time and I got back in bed by 6:00 pm.

It does get better, but it was tough at first for me.

Best of luck and try not to feel guilty about your employer trying to pressure you. I also think that if it were my boss, you can beat he/she would take all the time that they need...
Unread 01-24-2008, 11:37 PM
TAH return to work?

I was told 6 - 8 weeks. At six, I was released to resume all activities including work but felt I needed a couple of more weeks to be emotionally ready to return to the real world. My dr gave me two more weeks off and I returned then to two weeks of half days. I needed those half days because by mid-day, I was tired and needed a nap.

Don't rush back until you are ready. If you need more time, ask your doctor for another week or two or more. Ask to return to half days at first if possible to ease back into your routine.

You have had a major surgery and you have to go at your own pace.
Unread 01-25-2008, 07:33 AM
TAH return to work?

I am also getting calls from my employer about when I am coming back to work. I had a TAH and kept the ovaries on 1/9/08. (2 weeks ago!) I also had a lot of adhesions, adhering the bladder to the uterus. I am starting to feel better, but still have pulling pain and discomfort in the lower abdomen and groin area. I also get uncomfortable when I sit too long.

I work from home and I can't imagine sitting for 8-10 hours at a desk. I feel pretty good in the morning, but as the afternoon comes, I start to feel tired and sore. I plan on waiting until the 4 week check-up before going back to work. This has been a bigger deal than I anticipated. Before the surgery, I thought that it would be similar to my 2 c-sections, but it is much more than that!

Anyone else out there have a similar situation?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register