Let's Laugh--- I went "topless" today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Let's Laugh--- I went "topless" today Let's Laugh--- I went "topless" today

Unread 01-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Let's Laugh--- I went "topless" today

First of all, I'm almost 61. Mental picture of me going topless is not a pretty sight. If I tried to shoot myself under my left breast, I'd end up with a broken knee. (Old joke, still funny to me.)

Actual scenario, I drove my classic, '88 red Mercedes 560SL (two seater, sexy convertible sport car for those of you who may not be into classic cars) to my canasta game with the top DOWN. It was about 80 here and just picture perfect so I then decided to drive it to the post office too. Mother Nature must be going through the change too--- she is sure messed up. For goodness sake, it is January 8th, isn't it?

Having your hair blowing in the wind (even if it is graying and needs a touch up color job) is a wonderful way to forget your troubles. I turned up my Patsy Cline CD and sang along because there was no one to hear my monotone but me. I thought I sounded pretty good--- being tone deaf too has its advantages.

Let's hear some happy things on this thread.

Anyone throwing a farewell party for their uterus? Heck, there is always a reason for cake and ice cream, right?

Downyocean, trying hard to shake the blues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2008, 03:45 PM

I love your wonderful attitude - you remind me of my mom (who's been gone 3 years now).
I would love to join you for cake and ice cream but I guess cyber cake will have to do!
Hugs to you and all the best!
Tracy
Unread 01-08-2008, 04:20 PM

You definately brought a smile to my face and a little warmth in my heart! I would love to be driving a convertible right now with the sun and wind on my face! I live about 3 hours from Toronto, it was between 8-10 degrees Celcius, Foggy and raining today which is very mild for this time of year, normally well below 0. Last night we even had thunder storm!! I told my four year old DD that Mother Nature was confused because this is spring weather, after explaining who mother nature was, she asked me if MN was a boy....I said no honey...Mother Nature.....she said "Oh...well your a mother...I said yes but I can't control the weather....
Anyway sorry about that I just thought it was cute. Something else funny happened by oldest DD (12) was telling her friend that I was having surgery, and told her I was having a Vasectomy!!!!!!!! That childs parents must be really confused now!LOL!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2008, 05:06 PM

One order of teekayjay's cyber cake and ice cream for Nanou's vasectomy!!!

I am honored that I remind you of your mom, teekayjay.

Downyocean but you can call me Kay
Unread 01-08-2008, 05:06 PM

Here's to ya!
Unread 01-08-2008, 05:13 PM

Well I thought this was funny ,but maybe you needed to be here...My 19 yo son came into my room during a cranky moment and he said are you PMSing it sounds like you have PMS, I said, I am not PMSing I do not have PMS I will never have PMS again, this is menopause and I will most likely sound like this for the rest of my life so get use to it!!!!He turned and ran out of my room!!!!!
Unread 01-08-2008, 05:37 PM

I can relate to the classic cars and the Patsy Cline, I'm sorry to say I have nothing really good to offer .......

I do have to say tho I really enjoyed all the rest of the posts also!!!!!!!

Thanks everybody, it's always nice to have a good laugh!!!

There's never enough of that....
Unread 01-08-2008, 06:39 PM

Hello Ladies,
I will have to say each of you brought a smile to my face.
To feel the sun on your face driving topless...wow you go girl!
It rained here all day... then snow...then rain....mother nature is cranky!
I am still laughing about the 19yr old.....lol......
We are having a "Good Bye Uterus Party" Friday at work.
I work with three other ladies...Anything for a food day!
(Plus the Packers Play Off Game this weekend)
I know we will all do well on our hyster journey....
Best wishes and prayers for all of us!

L
Unread 01-08-2008, 06:47 PM

Hey Kay, you sound great! Way to go! Ya know.. I never had a proper "farewell uterus" party, so I'd LOVE to join in!

A little celebration with friends sounds awesome!

Who couldn't use some chocolate , a few laughs, , and a toast to all of us!!

Let's party!

My fun, happy news is that I'm leaving for a cruise on Saturday and I FEEL GREAT for the first time in YEARS. When I last cruised (9 months ago), I felt like crap, had no energy, and was bleeding the entire time I was gone. NOW, I have a_new_life! I hope this inspires all of you ladies in waiting. Your turn is coming, and it's gonna be GREAT!
Unread 01-08-2008, 07:02 PM

Thanks downeyocean I needed that perfect timing.....I'm still grining suzyq that is too funny my 15yo done the same thing

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register