High Blood Pressure after Hyster | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

High Blood Pressure after Hyster High Blood Pressure after Hyster

Unread 01-08-2008, 10:11 PM
High Blood Pressure after Hyster

I went for my follow-up today (5 1/2 weeks post-op). My blood pressure 156/95. The doc was surprised, but not overly concerned and said that I should follow-up with my GP in one month.

I kept my ovaries, so the jump in BP has nothing to do with HRT. Has anyone else experienced unexplained high blood pressure following their hyster? I have to wonder if has something to do with the pains meds that I am still taking (ibuprofen and Tylenol). My doc says that it doesn't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2008, 12:32 AM

I sure have!!!!!!! I had my doctor assure and re-assure me that this does happen sometimes. I sure didnt want to show it but until I had my 6wk check-up I was scared to death. I just wanted to know that my body was ok and healing cuz I had a bad fall at 4wks post-op. My bp is usually about 116/65 or so. So when I seen my bp was 165/97 I realized I was stressing myself out. BREATH,rght,lol...... Well , I went home and did alot of "breathing" and took sometime to myself FOR myself and my bp was back to normal the next day. Doc said my ovaries are just alittle unsettled still and I should learn to slow down. Well, that is hard with 5 kids [boys] but I used them with no guilt at that point to relax and get back to normal.. I hope your BP gets better soon.BREATH
Unread 01-09-2008, 11:05 AM

That's good to know that it happens sometimes. I don't think stress is the factor for me. If I were any more rested, I'd be in a coma, LOL! That doesn't mean, however, that I wasn't stressed at my doc's visit. I think my body knew it was back in "that place". As soon as I got into the clinic, my neck started to spasm and I started to sweat, LOL! I can tell, however, that my BP is still a bit high, although I have no way of checking it myself. That's just based on how I feel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2008, 02:27 PM

Hi Guinee,

I had high blood pressure right after surgery. It went up to 172/102. They didn't know why either. I'm normally low like 105/65. They put me on blood pressure meds and after about 3 weeks I weaned off them. My bp would still would go up an down but just this last week it has returned to normal. I do have a bp machine at home. They aren't too expensive to buy. My whole system feels better. I think mine may have been affect by hormones, anxiety, lack of sleep. I'm finally feeling normal so that is why it is probable back to normal. It took about 3 months for me to feel back to myself. I hope the same for you. Give youself some time to heal and I'm sure it will go back to what you were. It really scared me for a while and I thought I was going to be on bp meds. forever. But the didn't happen. Good luck to you. Kathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register