Pain on emptying bladder, anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain on emptying bladder, anyone? Pain on emptying bladder, anyone?

Unread 01-08-2008, 04:05 PM
bladder

today is the 12th day!i can see why they want me to take 2 months off work!has anyone had pain emptying theyre bladder??thinking i could have a bladder infection??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Pain on emptying bladder, anyone?

Hi gmakitty If you think you may have a bladder infection, I would definitely give your DR a call - it needs to be checked out.

Let us know what you find out, OK?
s,
-Linda
Unread 01-09-2008, 07:25 AM

I agree with surferbabe, If you think you have a bladder infection go see your doctor. However, I experienced the pain after emptying my bladder. Did you have a TVH or TAH? I had a TAH and my Dr. suggested the pain was due to the muscles healing. I am almost 8 months out and am still recovering. So, don't be discourage take each day at a time and don't push your self to hard (you'll regret it if you do). Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakitty
today is the 12th day!i can see why they want me to take 2 months off work!has anyone had pain emptying theyre bladder??thinking i could have a bladder infection??
I had it feeling like someone was grabbing my bladder and stabbing it or squeezing it.. so I went to the doctor and am getting urine tested for urinary tract infection.. in the meantime am on antibiotics.. I'd go call the doctor and go see him/her about it. Dont worry about calling the doc about things that seem out of place/just wrong. Or just to ask a question if something does not seem right. I often ask here and call the doc to ask also.
Unread 01-09-2008, 12:03 PM

I have the same burning feeling, but after years of suffering from UTIs, this feels different. I have chalked it up to the healing process although am planning to mention it to my Dr at my visit next week just in case.
Unread 01-09-2008, 02:49 PM

I am 5 weeks post-op (TAH/no ovaries) and I had pain emptying my bladder the first four weeks. I did have my doctor check for UTI in week 2 - it was negative. He said my bladder had been traumatized by the use of the cathedar and fact that it was moved during the surgery. In the past week, it's been much easier to empty my bladder and the pain seems to be gone - fingers crossed that it's gone for good!
Unread 01-09-2008, 04:25 PM

I had that really bad the first 4 weeks and now I am still getting it occasionally. I chalk it up to healing as well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register