Ok when does the insomnia go away? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ok when does the insomnia go away? Ok when does the insomnia go away?

Unread 01-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Ok when does the insomnia go away?

I feel the same way...I went back to work this week so I have been extremely tired and I can not sleep. I took Tylenol PM last Sunday because I knew I had to have a good night sleep the night of going back to work. I did not take it Monday night and I did not fall to sleep until around 2a and had to get up at 5a, so I took one each night until last night and I could not fall asleep. I hate taking sleep aids but I don't have a choice. I was doin okay until this week. I go to my 6 wk checkup Friday and I will see if my doctor has any suggestion.

If anyone has any suggestions...let us know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2008, 04:16 PM

Its funny isn't it how we are all in the same boat. I was thinking when I go back to work the first week going half days. I don't see how else I can work. Unless I worked midnights! That would be easier! I have tried hot showers before bed, tea, a little bit of the treadmill, changing the sheets, reading and snuggling with my husband. Other than the tylenol pm....Nothing has helped.
Unread 01-12-2008, 05:15 PM

It's been 3 months since my surgery and I still have trouble sleeping at night. The doctor told me to make sure I don't take naps during the day (I never did). He also told me to get into bed when I am ready to go to sleep , in other words, don't watch TV or read in bed. Well around the holidays that helped but now it is back to falling alseep for 2 hours then waking up and being awake for 4 hours before I fall asleep again, not very condusive to leading a normal life. I hav used ambien but it doesn't always work, I may need an adjustment to my estrogen, next appointment I will ask.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2008, 11:56 AM

Going back to work at 5 weeks did the trick for me. The night before I went back I was up until around 3:00. Then after teaching all day, I was wiped out. I've been able to sleep okay since then.

I am finding that since surgery, HRT or for whatever reason, it is easier to wake up in the mornings. Has anyone else experienced this? I used to hate mornings and had a hard time getting up. I never felt rested. Now, I am up and at 'em!
Unread 01-13-2008, 12:15 PM

i had a lsh on 1/11. barely slept at all the first night but hospital was noisy and the nurse came every 2 hours and woke me for vitals. i am terrified to get in my bed so i slept in the recliner. i slept most of the night but lightly... is the insomnia something that happens if you keep ovaries as well?
Unread 01-13-2008, 05:51 PM

I am a little over 3 weeks out. I can't stand the insomnia. I went to post op and complained to GYN. I take 10 mg of ambien. I notice if I take it every night it doesn't work wonderfully. I will take it 3-4 nights, them take advil pm, then ambien. I am still only sleeping for about 4-5 hours though, but I can fall asleep. Sometimes i am tired during the day and wish I could fall asleep, but can't.
I go back to work on the 20th. I have off the 21st, then back to work on the 22nd. I am hoping I will be rested enough. I teach 4-5 year olds.
Unread 01-13-2008, 09:14 PM

I'm 3 months post opt and I still have thaty problem. Some nights I go to sleep then I'll wake up about 1am and won't fall back to sleep til about 4. I started back to work and it didn't change. Then there are the night where I lay in bed and don't fall asleep until 1 sometimes 2 am. And no matter what time I fall asleep I only sleep four hours at a time! I am really going crazy with this. I'm calling my doctor about it because I can't keep going at this pace.

Unread 01-14-2008, 05:56 AM

Ok, well after reading these post at least I know I am not alone. I am 10 days post of TAH/BSO and I was thinking it ws becasue I had not started the HRT yet as I was still researching the type DR wanted me to take first. Put this was the third night in a row of no sleep (well at least the last two I had gotten to sleep around 5 for about 3 or 4 hours) I am not sleeping a wink during the days either. I managed to fall asleep at 2 am and work up wide awake at 3 so I stumbled across this website adn now this post. Figure at this point I will just remain up as the kids get up in 10 min for school. Then maybe when kids and dh are one I will sleep a little. I jsut took my first HRT thinking maybe that will help though it sounds like some of you are on it......as for taking a sleep aid I had Gastric Bypass 7 months ago and have to be careful what I take......but this has got to stop. I need to sleep! I know my body needs sleep to heal. I have been resting but not for long and then I have to walk around. But reading posts from those of you 5-6 wks or more with the continuation of this problem does not sound good.

I guess I will call the dr this am and ask for something.....maybe try something (after chekcing with my GB surgeon).

I do not want to sleep today for fear I will not sleep tonight but in 72 hours I have slept maybe 5 hours tops. I am so tired but my body will not shut off!!
Unread 01-14-2008, 09:30 AM

I had my TAH on 12/26/07 and kept my ovaries. I am in the same boat. I feel tired, I go to bed, I lay there for hours. I am getting maybe 3 hours per night. I have not taken anything to help sleep, but I called the doc this am and left a message. I am tired and yawn all day; I don't nap because I want to sleep at night.

Unread 01-14-2008, 12:43 PM

Well I slept a few hours this am but did nto allow myself to sleep long. Tonight I will try taking something to see if that helps. This too I am sure will pass.....just hoping it is soon! At least I know it was not due to the descision on the ovaries!

Hugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register