Ok when does the insomnia go away? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ok when does the insomnia go away? Ok when does the insomnia go away?

Unread 01-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Ok when does the insomnia go away?

Ladies:

I am 7 weeks post-op and I could not fall asleep. I'd be up until 3/4am watching TV. Ambien did help, but taking it every other day worked the best for me. I just returned to work this week and I am sleeping like a baby. I believe that once your body starts getting into a regular routine, you will start to sleep better. I would recommend, if at all possible, starting back at work no more than 6 hours a day for the first week or two. I have been "hitting a wall" at about 3pm. I'm sure this is normal and my body will start to adjust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2008, 10:32 AM

After five weeks of insomnia...most nights going to bed at 3-4 in the morning....some nights not going to bed at all .....I did finally decided to try this Melatonin....I hate to try new things. But I have slept the last two nights with no unusual side effects. ( My doctor would only recommened Tylenol pm but I always had a headache the next day and was groggy till noon.)
Unread 01-18-2008, 03:41 AM

Well its 4:40 am still no sleep. i can't wait till the dr appt. on the 21st. i just wan to get a full nights sleep! This computer gets real boring after 1am. no offense Insomniacs,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2008, 06:05 AM

When I first came home I was scared to sleep in my bed too so I did the same slept in the recliner. When I finally did get into my bed I would sleep with a pillow on my tummy, so that just maybe if I tried to roll over I would not & it remined hubby to be careful while sleeping. It will get better soon.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by hysterscared35
i had a lsh on 1/11. barely slept at all the first night but hospital was noisy and the nurse came every 2 hours and woke me for vitals. i am terrified to get in my bed so i slept in the recliner. i slept most of the night but lightly... is the insomnia something that happens if you keep ovaries as well?
Unread 01-18-2008, 07:03 AM

StillKim,

Call your doctor's office and ask to speak to the nurse. They can call something in for you. And that way if tht is nto working o the 21st you can talk to your DR about it. Let me tell you I have sleept everynight now since Monday. I took Ambien mon and tuesday and then wed and thursday I did not take anything and did pretty good. In fact last night I got too sleepy to watch the news and had set my alarm to get up at 6 (have a yearbook deadline at the kids school I am working on) but was just too sleepy so went back to bed until 7:30. I am hoping I continue to sleep on my own but I have the Ambien just in case. However this weekend I will get some Melatonin and am going to try that instead.

HollyJolly, I hope to start trying that tomorrow when I can get someone to go get me some (or I will jsut go myself LOL).

donna
Unread 01-18-2008, 09:44 AM

I saw my doctor this morning for my 6 week check-up. We talked about sleep aids and I have access to Ambien, and Rozerem, and tylenol PM. None of them work very well on me.

She recommended trying Melatonin. I need to get to the health food store anyway so I'll pick some up next time I go.
Unread 01-18-2008, 10:29 AM

Target carries it if you have a Target that is where I got mine. It was over in with vitamins.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Grania
I saw my doctor this morning for my 6 week check-up. We talked about sleep aids and I have access to Ambien, and Rozerem, and tylenol PM. None of them work very well on me.

She recommended trying Melatonin. I need to get to the health food store anyway so I'll pick some up next time I go.
Unread 01-20-2008, 08:20 PM
insomnia

OMG I thought I was the only one. I too stay up til 3 to 5 am, Then I sleep until 1130 am not a good habit. I got a prescription for Temazepam and i am trying it tonight. i will let you know how it goes.
Unread 01-21-2008, 03:15 PM

Wow, I am on my fourth month of taking prescription sleep medication. First Lunesta, it worked great but it COST SO MUCH. So then my doctor put me on Ambien, it did not work so well and made me feel depressed but I continued to take it until I could not stand it. So now I am back on Lunesta and $130.00 less in my pocket per month. I have tried Melatonin. I have tried passion flower. I have tried Valerian root. Nothing has seemed to work. My doctor said that I need to be patient and that in time when my hormones balance out I will be able to sleep. How long does it take???
Unread 01-21-2008, 04:57 PM
insomnia

byfaith,

Oh no! Ambien causes depression?!? awww, nuts. I hope that by working 10 hours on my first day back to work tomorrow will help me sleep - I really want to get off this stuff.

I don't like sleep aids, but I don't like insomnia, either.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register