Ok when does the insomnia go away? - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ok when does the insomnia go away? Ok when does the insomnia go away?

Unread 03-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Ok when does the insomnia go away?

I went to my regular physician yesterday. He gave me 15 mg Restoril. I only took one last night and it didn't work, so he told me to try 2. I'll try to let ya'll know how it works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 02:31 PM

My doctor suggested Unisom and it worked fine.
Unread 04-17-2008, 11:18 AM
I can SLEEP!!

Hi Sisters!
I am now 3 months out and feeling fine. I started taking Estradiol about a week out and it helped with the nightsweats. I still couldn't sleep and I was getting grumpy and moody. I went to the mental health clinic (Kaiser) and was evaluated and given Trazodone (generic for Desyrel) 50 MG (1/2 to 1 tab) to take before bed. I started off with 1/2 tablet and it didn't help much. I started taking the whole tablet and it was great. If I do get up to use the bathroom I can get back to sleep!! I tried cutting back to 1/2 tablet a few weeks ago and it didn't work. I also didn't take it one night as we had come in late and thought it wouldn't be a good idea to take it so late and I was up from 3am to about 5am again. Arrggghh! It works well for me and I don't feel groggy the next day.

FYI on Desyrel/Trazodone from:
http://www.immunesupport.com/library...le.cfm?ID=2842
Desyrel (trazodone) Many others swear by the drug Desyrel (trazodone). According to Dr. Lapp, "if you are one of those persons who fall asleep pretty readily, but then wakes up every hour, or wakes up and can't go back to sleep, Trazodone may be the thing you want to take because it works best for that sort of problem." Dr. Lapp also notes that Desyrel can induce the more beneficial deeper sleep stages. Because Desyrel in addition to be an anti-depressant is a calming agent it can be helpful for those whose sleeping difficulties are coupled with anxiety.

And, of course, you can read about the SIDE EFFECTS here:
http://www.medicinenet.com/trazodone/article.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2008, 11:25 AM

Well, I'm still taking 2 Restorils a night. They really work for me. I don't get that weird feeling I get with Ambien. I just start feeling really sleepy, like your supposed to. lol I wish I'd known about this a long time ago.
Unread 04-17-2008, 11:35 AM

I tried Unisom and was groggy the next day. Stick to it if it works for you!!
Unread 04-17-2008, 12:07 PM

what kind of strangeness do you feel from Ambien? I have been taking it for almost 2 months? It helps somewhat, but it not what my sleep was before my surgery. I long for that!!!!!!
Unread 04-17-2008, 12:18 PM

It just gave me that dizzy feeling if I stood up too fast. I would ask your doctor for this Restoril. It works great. No side effects at all for me. I just sleep. That's all.
Unread 04-19-2008, 11:38 PM

I am 10wks out and CAN NOT sleep for nothiing at night, Thats y you see my posts are always in the middle of the night. I'm sooooo tired but then I get in bed and I'm wide awake. I finally get to sleep around 3 or 4 and then have to het up at 6. It is really taking a toll on me. I'm not sure if I should talk to my GYN or my reg. doc?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register