Do we store Hormones? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Do we store Hormones? Do we store Hormones?

Unread 01-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Do we store Hormones?

The best indication I know of is if you feel completely "normal" in every way. You can have hormone levels tested, but there is very little meaning to the actual numbers other than to see if you are wayyyyy off on something. Everyone feels best at their own unique set of hormone levels so it's not like you can say you're balanced if, say, your estrogen level is 80. 80 for some women feels great; 80 for me feels awful.

s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Do we store Hormones?

I had symptoms of impending doom 2 weeks post op along with some mild hot flashes and heart palpitations. I was told by my provider that everyone is different with hormone depletion, she was expecting 4 weeks post op to begin symptoms but I guess I was either low on hormones to begin with or I burn them fast. I was also told that I need to be on hormones to protect bones since I am 34. The hot flashes didn't bother me at all since I am always cold but the doom feeling was really bothering me. I am feeling better than I did since I started with Estrogel topical but continue to have the palpitations and fatigue.
I had TAH with BSO on 12/17/2007 due to adenomyosis and high risk ovarian cancer.
Unread 01-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Do we store Hormones?

OH my, I am already overweight by several pounds ( a lady doesn't tell her weight) LOL! Does that still mean I will gain more weight? By the way I was already perimenopausal ,so I had to start HRT immediately, the hot flashes and night sweats started in the hosp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Do we store Hormones?

Well this is definately a topic I would like to learn more about. I will be 3 weeks out on Friday and I am still hanging in there. I feel a little "edgey" in my mood, but that is not new LOL. So, I won't chalk that up to hormones yet. I have been getting headaches though. I never got headaches before
Guess I am going to have to suck it up and deal. No HRT for me yet.
I sure hope that we don't blow up! That makes me wanna cry already. I lost 25 lbs prior to surgery. I could loose another 15 lbs. but the swelly belly looks like my pre sick belly so I don't know. Guess I better go get some fruits and veggies.
I think we can take Vit D and Calcium for bones.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register