Healing of Vaginal Cuff | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Healing of Vaginal Cuff Healing of Vaginal Cuff

Unread 01-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Healing of Vaginal Cuff

Hello..my 4 week apt. is next week and am trying to make sure I have all the questions I need for the doctors. I had a TVH - one ovary remains.

I have read alot of things on here about the vaginal cuff and its healing. I have not passed any stitches as of yet and was told I would see them if the cam out. For those of you who had granulation on your cuff that nitrate needed to be put on...did you know beforehand something was wrong or did the doctor find this during the exam?

I know i did not have my surgery abdonimally and still have one ovary, but I dont feel as great as I thought I would. I still have to wear a pad because i am leaking. I am not sure if it is my bladder or discharge. it is yellow sometimes a little brown tint in it. sometimes i will just be walking or sitting and stuff will flow out of me like it would if i had to go to the bathroom and couldnt hold it anymore. Does anyone else have this. I am also still having bowel problems and when i have to go it hurts really bad in the abdomen. I am getting bad headaches; feel lightheaded alot of the time when I get up., I went on a 2 hr car ride the other day and i was really sore right around my hairline after it. It is uncomfortable to sit straight up for too long. IF anyone else is feeling these things and had a vaginal surgery could you give me some headway. I dont feel like I am ready to go back to work yet. I have a really demanding job and with having all these little issues i feel i would have a breakdown. I have had two situations this week at home that I just broke down crying. I didnt think I would go through all this if I kept an ovary.

Also, if anyone has any other questions I should ask at my appointment . please let me know. Sometimes when you leave you wish you would have asked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Healing of Vaginal Cuff

Hi. Hope the following reassures you but of course you should ask away when you have your appointment. I had LAVH and I saw only one stitch at about six weeks. There must have been more! I had a little nitrate on at my first appointment but hadn't noticed a problem. I had slight discharge- coloured as you say until 6-7 weeks, but it did eventually get clearer. My doc said it's different for everyone and some of us are unlucky enough to have it for longer. I also needed stool softeners for about 6 weeks or so too. Other than that, text book recovery.

By the way, as a primary school teacher, I stayed off for 12 weeks- I know I was lucky here in UK. The doctor said it would have been 5-7 weeks for a less physically demanding job. I found I started to feel a lot better as each week went by. You will feel very different in a couple of weeks time.
Best wishes.
Unread 01-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Healing of Vaginal Cuff

Summer Glow -

I am 9 weeks out from my TVH and you sound exactly like I was at that point. Except then my discharge was still bright red blood. I all togethre had discharge past the 7 week mark but then it cleared up and for about the last week it's been gone. I posted about the poop hurting around my 5 week mark and i mean it REALLY hurt!! Now it's better. I posted about crying and I kept both my ovaries and now that is better.

I'm glad you are going to your Dr for your check up but all in all it sounds like it could all be normal stuff.

Good luck!!

Starbgirl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register