Nesting? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-18-2001, 03:42 PM
Nesting?

I realize that every woman probably wants to be prepared and have their house cleaned before surgery. But I think I'm nesting. I did this before each one of my children too. Today, I went through all my children's crayons, markers, etc and organized it all into plastic boxes. I'm working my way around all the toys too. I was thinking of tackling their dressers and closets last week, but the attic was compelling me. And I did manage to pull several things down and go through them. Who cares about the attic? LOL Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm pushing myself because I have normal cleaning on top of it and all the yard work and I'm doing some minor repairs to the outside of my house. I guess I'm just getting ready for my long rest I'll have!

Karena
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2001, 04:34 PM
Nesting?

You sound alot like me, my TAH was due on July 27th and i was getting things ready just like you, and then on July 3rd i passed a Fibroid. My surgery got moved up to July 9th, i wasn't ready for the surgery that soon. I was 3 weeks early and wasn't ready, the only thing on my mind was i need to clean my house and stock up on food LOL! Well i didn't get to do either because i was in too much pain and my gyn wanted me to rest as much as i could and didn't want me to do any heavy lifting.
I am glad my surgery came before i was ready this way i didn't wear myself out doing things that didn't really need to be done.
My hubby has done everything around the house and went shopping for me too!! I think having my TAH early was the best thing that could have happened to me, i have learned that not everything needs to be planned out. At the time i wasn't happy that my surgery got moved up, i was even crying about it, mostly because i felt i wasn't ready because my house wasn't clean enough for me to go in, crazy huh??
Its normal how you feel, just remember not to over do it!!
Angela

TAH July 9th 2001
Unread 07-18-2001, 06:39 PM
Nesting?

don't go nuts trying to do too much before. I am 7 days post (7/12 sah) and worked till 9:00 two nights before and 5:00 the day before. I was so tired the morning of surgery. You should do some nice stuff for yourself before (and after) your operation. It will put you in the right frame of mind for a good recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register