Private room | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Private room

I forgot to as the DR but the hospital nurse called me today I was told all the rooms on the floor I will be on are private YAY and my surgery time has been move up 1/2 hour wish it was more but that is 1/2 hour less with a caffiene headache. guess I am good to go for the 18th the nurse said the next time they talk to me will be in check-in on the 18th 1 week and counting now it is looking at the clock thinking this time next week I will be in the castle waiting for high noon what a time for surgery I just thought about that lol I am going to have the last showdown with my mean uti at high noon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Private room

The waiting is almost over for you now. Excellent news about the private room. I paid extra to get a private room for my surgery and was SOOO glad I did. It's nice to have privacy post-op and also it's better for trying to sleep...if you are like me and only able to sleep an hour or so at a time, the last thing you will want is someone else in the room to inadvertently wake you or the nurse waking you by coming to check on the other patient(s). Good luck with your surgery. Hugs.
Unread 01-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Private room

Good news for you! I had to pay 20.00 extra a day for my private room too! they wouldnt have charged me for it if they had just put me there isnt that crazy how insurance is?
You will rest better with out extra folks running in and out and someone hogging the tv and phone ! This time next week you will be on the road to recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2008, 08:24 AM
Private room

A private room sounds great. I was in a semi-private & one of my roommates had a loud and messy friend stay and stay.

I hope that your uti is gone and you're feeling tip top now

S
Unread 01-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Private room

I didn't know until after my surgery if I would get a private room or not. It depends on availibility at the time at my hospital. I was SO relieved to have one even if it was an extra $85 a day (the only part of my bill that I had to pay).

As an added bonus, my room was at the end of the hall, so I didn't even have people walking by looking in my door all day.

It was so good to have a peaceful room to start my recovery. Well worth the extra money.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register