Children stressin you out? ( children mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Children stressin you out? ( children mentioned) Children stressin you out? ( children mentioned)

Unread 01-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Children stressin you out? ( children mentioned)

I am week out and my 2 young children are making me stressed. I love them alot, but it seems they are more wired than usual. My hubby is out of town this weekend on a trip and I am an emotional wreck! Every little thing is setting me off. I finally sent them on a bike ride. They came back and said they were going down the street to a friends Now, I am worried that his mother will be upset that they are there. I guess I am already hormonal LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:06 PM

My kids are stressing me too..lol
Unread 01-12-2008, 12:17 PM

I think it is because there is so much on my mind that I am letting everything get to me. I just now took a shower... I have been up for 5 hours LOL
They came back for 5 min and saw me cleaning.... I guess they got scared I was going to make them join the fun, they left
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2008, 02:17 PM

My kids had me so worked up with arguing about unpacking the dishwasher that I broke a bowl slamming it on the counter. I just want it to stop. My emotions are making summersaults.
Unread 01-12-2008, 02:41 PM

I am glad to hear I am not the only one about to go insane. Things would be better if my hubby were home. I feel as though they are pulling out all the stops.They are are arguing with each other and me. They are working me up so much I began cramping so much I can barely walk.
Unread 01-12-2008, 03:53 PM

Don't worry even this will pass. I have 3 the youngest is 4 and she loves to play on nickjr.com. It's the older two DD 10 and DS 14 and they are like fuel and fire. I was convinced I have turned into SHE-MOM-THE-TERRIBLE-FIRE-BREATHING-DRAGON.

This has given me the oppertunity to talk to my DD about what role hormones play in her development since she already has already started growing bee-stings and such a few months ago. DS is now also understands a little more with everything I have been going throug and realises it is a little more than just the birds-and-the bees.
Unread 01-12-2008, 03:54 PM

Some advise please..... my 5 year thinks it is funny that mommy is having pain.
Everything that I have cleaned he has destroyed, just to watch me clean it up again. I am crying and in pain. I stopped even reacting to him. I just have moved on to cleaning my bedroom. His room looks like a tornado went through it. He pulled out all of his clothes and strewn them. He even went around the house opening all the windows.

I went to school originally to be a child psychologist so I know it is because he is expressing his confusion with my sickness. But, they did not teach me how to deal with my own childs anger
Unread 01-12-2008, 04:00 PM

How about you take him and you make some popcorn sit down and watch a movie or kids show together. Don't worry about the mess for now (and believe my I know how it feels I am a utter neat freak) Something that will give him some special attention where you can both relax.
Unread 01-12-2008, 04:21 PM

Hi Nikki

First of all, I want to send you a big .
I'm sorry the stress is getting to you and your family. I'm sure with your husband out of town, the kids are really absorbing your stress, and your son is acting out. Most likely he's not doing it to be defiant as much as he is looking for you to spend some time with him. Tonight might be a good time to take them out for ice cream, or a movie. Leave the housework behind. I know you're just trying to dig your hands into something you can control right now, but it's not working, and it's only stressing you more. Maybe a change of scenery for all of you is just what you need right now. Sounds like you need a break too. Good luck. Let us know how you're doing.

Unread 01-12-2008, 04:52 PM

I took he and my daughter(she is 8) to McDonalds. Seemed to help a little. Then I believe God answered my prayer.... the neighbor child rang the doorbell and asked if they could come out and play. They are enjoying themselve, and i am getting much needed cleaning done. Today is the only day I really have to clean. They decided to give me the 8 to 6 schedule next week as payback for leaving :sad: for 5 to 6 weeks. I have many responsibilities at church tomorrow, so other than Thursday before surgery day, this is it. Of course my parents will be here Thursday and I want all to be done so I can spend some time with them not knocked out or laying down I am not feeling as stressed now. I have accomplished a lot in just 30 minutes. I have decided to let my DH worry about the kids rooms. I don't have to look at those for a while. Just my own, and it won't drive me crazy worrying about what needs to be done.

As for time w/o cleaning, I plan to call them in when it gets dark and do movie and popcorn. They can wait for their father to worry about their rooms LOL... that way I am not the mean guy anymore.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register